PDA

View Full Version : Switching Realtors

hedge
06-24-2008, 07:39 AM
I am considering switching realtors. I like the guy I have so far but I'm not sure he's enough of a go-getter for me. I'm not sure what I should expect but it kind of seems that he's just put in a sign and now is waiting for the phone to ring.

What other things should I be expecting him to do?

Can I switch realtors as soon as the contract is over or is there a waiting period? It's also my understanding that if he can prove that one of his prospective buyers buys it then he still gets the commision... correct?

PS, does anyone know a 'home stager'? Are they expensive?

barmanjay
06-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Well,... when your contract is up,.. you can switch realtors no prob

For what you should expect your realtor to do,.. that all depends on what you talked about and agreed on with your realtor before you signed the contract.

In a market like this - flooded,.. he could also do print ads and do open houses - long shot, but still worth a shot.

ending a contract early would be up to the broker who runs the brokerage, you would need to talk to them.

If you do end early, in order to use another realtor, you would have to make sure you sign the termination properly,.. some will be a clause that you can't sell for 6 months or so with any other brokerage other than the one you are using.

What is your listing #

I could walk through your house and give you an idea what you need to do - even if your are locked in your contract.

As for prospective buyers,.. it all depends if he was the "first" realtor to show your house to that "customer",.. but alot of realtors are starting to use a "buyers brokerage agreement" stating that the "client" will be represented by only that realtor for a stated amount of time in any offer, no matter what other realtor shows a property.

If you'd like to talk more,.. feel free to call me

Jay
889-4747

or PM me your number and I'll call you

HRD2PLZ
06-24-2008, 09:16 AM
If your current contract expires, then you can change Realtor's no problem. If he offer's you a Termination you will need to make sure that he gives you a free and clear Termination (option C) on the form. Otherwise you will have a waiting period which if you sold your house you would still have to pay the first listing Realtor commission.

The market may be flooded sure, I haven't had much problem moving my inventory though. Been busy with the buyer's and the listings are selling if they are priced right.

If you like him you could suggest to him that he take some other marketing avenues. If you make the suggestion to you he may be more receptive and follow through with it.

I have someone I use for staging. When I bring someone in for one of my own listings, I generally absorb the cost.

barmanjay
06-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ ....you would still have to pay the first listing Realtor commission.....

thats what I meant ;)

Couldn't remember as I was writing earlier