PDA

View Full Version : need some advice on Nissan Pulsar GTI-R

shadowrider
06-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Hey guys!
i am new to this website as of about 5 min ago and i just want know how things work here.
i know the basics of posting stuff in forums and what not.
i just would like to know if there are any un-official rules that i need to know about.

also i am looking at getting a new car.
i am been reading up about imports and have been extremely interested in cars since i can remember. my dad is a heavy duty mechanic so i know a fair amount about cars and how to fix them.

i have been looking into a Nissan Pulsar GTI-R. just wondering what i should be looking for and what is the best possible way to come across one other then searching in Edmonton or Alberta. so in other words a cheap and safe way to import one if possible.

any response is welcome.

JRSC00LUDE
06-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Well, you already broke the first "rule" (albeit an unofficial one) by asking for JDM/RHD info. so look out, the flames be coming!

That being said, there are a couple importers that you can deal with to get what you want. Go look in the marketplace and you'll quickly see who imports and sells JDM on this site.

Destinova403
06-24-2008, 11:03 AM
welcome to beyond.ca

watch your grammar and the grammar cops will leave you alone

dont use the word JDM or make stupid JDM posts and the JDM police will leave you alone

dont advertize or youll be banned... and avoid drama like the plague

there are more than a few pulsars in the marketplace if you wanna take a look... otherwise you could check out some of our sponsors like JDM source and theyll probably be able to get you a good one for a decent price and take a lot of the hassle out of the importing process.

you could also take a look onm 780tuners.com which is the edmonton equivalent of beyond.ca (even though most of their guys post over here too :D) and they might have some advice for you as well...

enjoy your stay.

EDIT: spelling mistake

The Cosworth
06-24-2008, 11:03 AM
If you sell stuff in 30 days, put FS: in the title

it is Ridiculars not ridiculous

HA GUYS is an appropriate saying

BMW drivers are douches

RHD/JDM gets a lot of hate.

since your an '08 don’t start any shit with older members until the '09's start coming in. Then you'll be ok.

Dont bitch about tickets you deserved to get

Dont bitch about how to get your car passed an OOP when it doesnt deserve it

Dont ask how to make your (whatever your car is) faster for a couple hundred bucks from Crappy tire.

in all honesty, it is a fun place as long as you aren't a Moron (which most 08's seem to be so lets see how you work out.)

aha

Welcome!

Destinova403
06-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Well, you already broke the first "rule" by asking for JDM/RHD info. so look out, the flames be coming!

i say give him a pass on this one... he didnt type LYKE DIS or use the words "JDM" "Mad Tyte" "RHD" or "Street Race" at all

JRSC00LUDE
06-24-2008, 11:07 AM
^

That's why I didn't pour any fuel on the fire. See, I have a shred of decency in me.....

shadowrider
06-24-2008, 11:08 AM
thanks a lot for the replies.
i am pretty sure that along the way i will get my share of flames and what not but i will do my best to stay in the shadows.

why is it the JDM/RHD is so hated upon on this site?

Destinova403
06-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by shadowrider
thanks a lot for the replies.
i am pretty sure that along the way i will get my share of flames and what not but i will do my best to stay in the shadows.

why is it the JDM/RHD is so hated upon on this site?

because 90% of import drivers are douches.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/223711/why-so-much-jdm-rhd-hate/

shadowrider
06-24-2008, 11:13 AM
i see i see.

alright sounds good.
so what is a better site that i can post on that will not result in flames when i talk about JDM/RHD

Toms-SC
06-24-2008, 11:21 AM
lol

JRSC00LUDE
06-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by shadowrider
i see i see.

alright sounds good.
so what is a better site that i can post on that will not result in flames when i talk about JDM/RHD

http://www2.oprah.com/index_du.jhtml

badatusrnames
06-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Destinova403

watch your grammar and the grammar cops will leave you alone...

...dont advartize or youll be banned... and avoid drama like the plague

:rofl: You broke your own first rule...

Tomaz
06-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

http://www2.oprah.com/index_du.jhtml

HAHAHAHAHA!

Welcome to the site mate! onfce you clear the bullshit, this place will have a lot of good ideas and information for you and your RHD.

max_boost
06-24-2008, 11:35 AM
GTI-R, I would buy the car based on that alone.

BigBadVlad
06-24-2008, 11:40 AM

dont use the word JDM or make stupid JDM posts and the JDM police will leave you alone

:rofl: Finally an explanation! Who the hell imported the JDM police!?!

Destinova403
06-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

:rofl: You broke your own first rule...

i cant spell and my grammar sucks... im beyond help... but i DO make a slight effort

and my work computer doesnt have a spell-checker in the browser.

nissanK
06-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Here's something to get ya started:

http://www.nissangtir.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=401

It's in the UK, but still helps. OH and I have one for sale!!

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/216991/fs-1990-nissan-pulsar-gtir/

badatusrnames
06-24-2008, 12:14 PM

i cant spell and my grammar sucks... im beyond help... but i DO make a slight effort

and my work computer doesnt have a spell-checker in the browser.

I'd be lost sometimes if it wasn't for Firefox's built in spell checker...

Tezzating
06-24-2008, 06:51 PM
My suggestion for a site for N14 info would be.. http://www.pulsar.org.au/

RNN14
07-03-2008, 02:36 PM
www.gtiroc.com
www.gtiroz.net
www.nissangtir.com

willyC
07-04-2008, 06:53 AM
I used www.jdmconnection.ca, William was great guy to work with. I was able to trust my money with him. The car was exactly as stated (a bit better actully), and he never made the car sound better then it was.

Good luck