PDA

View Full Version : my pickup rant

Kennyredline
06-24-2008, 12:47 PM
I have noticed a lot of threads dedicated to people parking like morons, so here is mine, and more.
I am waiting at the golf place by Deerfoot and Glenmore waiting in the parking lot for friends to show up. I see a pickup come flying into the lot, and make a shallow right-hander into a parking stall(actually two). I am hoping he's not gonna leave it like that, as the lot was pretty full, and we were both at the back of it. He does leave it, at an angle, taking up two stalls, wheels turned hard to the right. This dumbass and his buddy get out and gather their golf bags, and head to the course. The driver stopped as he was turning away and looked at his truck for a second, and I thought maybe he was gonna have a brain-fart, and re-park, but he was only pointing his key-fob at the truck to lock it.
It amazes me that this seems to be a perfectly natural way to behave to this guy.
This is a small issue to a larger problem I have noticed for a while, and that is the total disregard that ANYONE driving a pickup has for traffic laws, or anyone else on the road. It is as if as soon as a person gets behind the wheel of a truck, they turn into redneck assholes, or maybe they're like that all the time...?
Every single day, I see the same thing, pickup drivers running red lights at 30 km over the speed limit, almost running over pedestrians, california lane-changing, and driving on the wrong side of the road, horn blaring because the person in front is making too slow of a turn.
I know there are bad drivers in cars and SUV's, but regardless of age or sex, pickup drivers are the worst on the road.

rmk
06-24-2008, 12:48 PM
lol

Unknown303
06-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Pickup trucks are above the law.

JRSC00LUDE
06-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
Pickup trucks are above the law.

Sounds like a job for my homeslice Steve.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/above_the_law.jpg

aram1000
06-24-2008, 12:52 PM
LOL, I couldn't agree more

Lex350
06-24-2008, 12:52 PM
...and of the pick up drivers the Dodge truck drivers are the worst.

...especially if they have that little Hemi badge because we all know that means its a race car.

TeamBestBud
06-24-2008, 12:53 PM
I park like a douche but I don't drive a pickup.

schocker
06-24-2008, 12:54 PM
i thought this was going to be about chicks
neg rep

this rant is true though

PINOY-X
06-24-2008, 12:54 PM
yes!

colinxx235
06-24-2008, 12:55 PM
why didn't you just leave a friendly 7 letter word in his paint job kenny?

Unknown303
06-24-2008, 12:56 PM
I drive a pickup. Its even a long box, and have seen a lot of these ridiculous guys parking sidewards across stalls and stuff which to me seems like overkill.

Sure sometimes i park in ways that give me extra space, but its only because its a pain when you get boxed in and have to sit around waiting for other vehicle to move or having to push them out of the way.

Us Chev guys aren't nearly as bad as those maniacs in the Harley Davidson fords, They are just ridiculars.

Tik-Tok
06-24-2008, 01:02 PM
We joke about these guys at work all the time... we have all noticed the trend

dodge>chev>ford (speaking in terms of the biggest douche's)

We have a chev work truck, and as a joke, when we go into a mostly empty parking lot, we'll try and park in the most amount of stalls we can... just so we don't ruin the chev rep.

(mind you, we also park far away from everyone, so we don't actually screw someone over for parking)

brown_guy
06-24-2008, 01:13 PM
I think its just cause in a truck you feel like a pimp of the road....And we are going to see a lot of them over the next 2 weeks cause of stampede

Unknown303
06-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Yeah the pavement princesses (Concrete Cowboys) come out in force during the Stampede.

At least my truck gets used.
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/messages/viewimage/7859798856-1209994194-84959/parm/8211797/page/1/15

Moonracer
06-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Yup, I experience these dicks everyday. I'm shocked when I actually see one driving slow and normal but then I look in to see the guy is talking on his cell phone. Ah no wonder he is going under the speed limit...lol

The Cosworth
06-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Yeah the pavement princesses (Concrete Cowboys) come out in force during the Stampede.

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/messages/viewimage/7859798856-1209994194-84959/parm/8211797/page/1/15

i didnt give you consent to use my photos :thumbsup:

honestly however the stereotype is mostly true. I remember Unknown and I were in starbucks, He parked his truck in a single stall as it was busy. There was a lifted blue ford parked across 3 stalls right behind us, diesel, and running

We walk into starbucks to see a short dude (literally, like 5'2) waiting for coffee. I mention quite loud to unknown:

hey did you see that big truck like yours taking up 3 times the amount of spots. Unknown then proceeds to indirectly bash him for being a douche.

Sure enough the guy gets in and drives away.

oh the hilarity

shakalaka
06-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Saw a similar thing yesterday at the parking lot of cineplex. I am sitting there with my girl in the car and this douche right in front of us parks right in the middle of two parking stalls. The first thing I said what a douche and my girl goes maybe he doesn't realize it. But I was like no he is just a dick. Him and his girl walks out, locks the truck and leaves. Worst part is that it was getting rush time there and there could be a shortage of parking as well. The guy wasn't even a young teenager or anything, looked older as well.

Unknown303
06-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by The Cosworth

i didnt give you consent to use my photos :thumbsup:

You did. Unless you wish to discuss this in person :guns:

rc2002
06-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by schocker
i thought this was going to be about chicks
neg rep

this rant is true though

:werd: I thought this would've been a woman driver.

The Cosworth
06-24-2008, 01:37 PM

You did. Unless you wish to discuss this in person :guns:

pm'd haha

on another one, I saw this guy in a white chevy 1500 turn off the 4th ave flyover (heading up edmonton trail) turning onto westbout memorial. He hammers on it, the gasser is just screaming, his back end kicks out and he almost slides into the little car next to him.

Cop sitting at the lights turns his lights on and is gone, but it looked like he got stuck in traffic

alloroc
06-24-2008, 02:29 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/223912/crazy-crash-on-deerfoot/

:dunno:

hampstor
06-24-2008, 04:30 PM
I admit it... sometimes I do this at the end of the parking lot when I'm just too damn lazy to straighten it out. Usually there are no other cars around near me so if someone gives me shit for it, I can point to the other 1/4 of an empty parking lot between me and the next car.

Sometimes I park next to other people who have parked across stalls for shits and giggles (be it trucks, or exotics). Almost did this next to a viper at Ikea - but I was on my way out of the parking lot :rofl: :rofl:

Kennyredline, sure you see pickup trucks do that, but i assure you that you'll see more minivan's / CUV's parking like that :)

aftermarket
06-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Interesting thread.

I agree, there's plenty of pickups that end up parking that badly but....not to defend those guys, but I still notice a TON of vehicles in Calgary that do just as crappy parking attempts (ie, mini-vans, SUV's and even cars). It's all kinds, pretty much everywhere.

But I wouldn't say it's just trucks, but because some are so big like this one I used to have (lifted 07 F150 S/C 4x4), it's kinda hard not to notice them when someone f**** their attempt to park properly.

VetteRacin
06-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Not all truck drivers park and drive like douche's.....just fyi

Unknown303
06-25-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by VetteRacin

Lets not pretend. We all do. Looking out my office right now i notice I'm parking like a douche. I may even take a picture at lunch to prove my awesome parking job. Or i might stage an awesome parking job just for the sake of having a funny picture of it.

Dumbass17
06-25-2008, 12:11 PM
well maybe if they made parking stalls wide enough for us with trucks to actually park IN..and be able to open our doors haha

i usually park my truck far away from people cuz a$$holes with cheap cars always ding it!

syeve
06-25-2008, 03:40 PM

awesome.

Melinda
06-25-2008, 04:03 PM
My dad always says "Ask me to show you an asshole and I'll show you a truck driver". It's usually true, very few truck drivers on the road are good considerate drivers. Most of the time they're swerving in and out of traffic, cutting people off cause they think they can (usually without signalling) and speeding all over the place. It wouldn't be so bad, but most of them have their diesel spewing exhaust pipes at the average height of a car's fresh air vents. Nothing like being forced to breathe that shit in all the time just because you're driving beside one of them.

Sure, there's shitty drivers all over the road, but just like a previous poster said, it is a rare thing to see a truck driver being respectful and sane on the road. And what's worse, an a-hole truck driver can do FAR more damage than an a-hole import driver, they just don't think about other people around them because they're too busy driving their penis extenders around the city that 85% of them don't need while complaining about parking spaces they don't fit into.

Sorry, ranted a little off topic, but to the OP, I agree with you :thumbsup:

JRSC00LUDE
06-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
My dad always says "Ask me to show you an asshole and I'll show you a truck driver".

My friends always say "Ask me to show you an asshole and I'll give you a mirror.".

Melinda
06-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

My friends always say "Ask me to show you an asshole and I'll give you a mirror.".
:rofl: Yeah but you know you're an asshole. You're a self proclaimed asshole, so that shouldn't come as a shock to you :D

hampstor
06-25-2008, 04:17 PM
I give, defending pickup trucks on beyond.ca is like defending the NE. You will never win :cry:

Melinda
06-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by hampstor
I give, defending pickup trucks on beyond.ca is like defending the NE. You will never win :cry:
Minh you yourself have admitted before that you're a minority in the "respectful truck drivers" category. Having driven with you, and around you, I tend to agree that you are. Haha although you DID post a few posts up that you are also lazy with your own parking sometimes. (Even if there's room in the parking lot around you, it still doesn't make it legal :P)

P.S. You stopped defending the NE and moved to the NW, remember? Now you make fun of it more than we do :)

Unknown303
06-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Now i feel bad that i live in the NE.... Is Bridgeland really the NE though... Really?

I happen to like the dank smell of the black smoke i spew from my exhaust. But seriously you guys should try to snap some phone shots of these jerks. Would be entertaining to see me on here eventually.

And sorry for not posting a picture of me jerk parking. Went to lunch in some sick 400hp Jetta. That car was off the hook.

Tik-Tok
06-25-2008, 07:05 PM
But seriously you guys should try to snap some phone shots of these jerks. Would be entertaining to see me on here eventually.

I thought about it today, I went to 2 different home depot's, and a Rona, and walking just between my car, and the entrance, saw a total of 7 trucks parked like douche's.

Unknown303
06-26-2008, 07:04 AM
Ooh yeah we are bad at Ronas and Home depots.

Kennyredline
06-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Now i feel bad that i live in the NE.... Is Bridgeland really the NE though... Really?
Nah...you're ok down there...lol

I happen to like the dank smell of the black smoke i spew from my exhaust. But seriously you guys should try to snap some phone shots of these jerks. Would be entertaining to see me on here eventually.

And sorry for not posting a picture of me jerk parking. Went to lunch in some sick 400hp Jetta. That car was off the hook.

Kennyredline
06-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by VetteRacin
No, 98% is not all...you got me there...lol

Unknown303
06-26-2008, 03:41 PM
I don't think either of us are getting passengers into our trucks. :dunno:

I apologize for the epic camera phone picture..

The Cosworth
06-26-2008, 04:28 PM
I don't think either of us are getting passengers into our trucks. :dunno:

I apologize for the epic camera phone picture..

:rofl:

Unknown303
06-27-2008, 07:33 AM
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/f/7/a/78597/image_075-0.jpg?rev=0

ah the glory of being first to the office. You get all the parking spots you want.

nj2Type-S
06-27-2008, 11:28 AM
^^^ hahah, douche! :rofl:

hampstor
06-27-2008, 12:03 PM
It would be nice if parking lots would stop trying to cram more cars into parking lots by making the lines narrower.

Parking lots should designate areas 'for small vehicle only' closer to the main entrances of malls/etc to encourage people who want to park closer to take smaller vehicles. They should then have wider lines closer to the ends of the parking lot for those that drive larger vehicles (ie: minivans/trucks/SUV's).

It would be a fair assumption that some idiot will still park his larger vehicle in the smaller spots ... however if there were signs designating certain areas you'd get less people parking larger vehicles there (i've seen parkades where they only allow small vehicles in certain stalls, most of the time you don't see a truck or minivan in every single one of those stalls).

It would be nice to park and not worry about someone beating the crap out of my doors.

Tik-Tok
06-27-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by hampstor
It would be nice if parking lots would stop trying to cram more cars into parking lots by making the lines narrower.

All parking lots should be like Costco's. A good 2' of non parking space between the vehicles.

nj2Type-S
06-27-2008, 12:19 PM
yeah, i love the costco parking lot :D

The Cosworth
06-27-2008, 12:20 PM
+3

95teetee
06-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by rotten42
...and of the pick up drivers the Dodge truck drivers are the worst.

...especially if they have that little Hemi badge because we all know that means its a race car. talk about hitting close to home:D
A couple weeks ago this knob in a hemi pickup pulls up next to me at a light in town (it's an intersection where his lane ends in like half a block-you don't pull up next to someone there unless you plan on smoking them off the light...now, I'm driving a bpu TT Stealth. 'nuff said). Light changes, he walks on it, I stay beside him for a laugh. Except, when his lane ends, rather than slowing down, he comes into my lane, driving me into the oncoming traffic lane (at which point I accelerate away from Bubba Joe-Bob before he can run me completely off the road).
About a week later I see him again. I didn't realize it was the same truck until he yells something out about me being an asshole and flips me off. Ummm yeah, how dare I drive where you're trying to run people off the road.:rolleyes: Idiot.

kvanderlaag
06-28-2008, 12:12 PM
I watched a Chevy pickup traveling north on Macleod at 99th Ave make a left turn on a red light and get t-boned and spun around by a little new Passat that was going straight through on a green.

When the driver (a balding mid-20s looking white guy with a hockey player build) got out, he admitted quite bluntly that he knew the light was red.

Does that count?

Unknown303
06-28-2008, 06:29 PM
New additions for rediculars parking!

Me... Yeah 4 spots
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/f/7/a/78597/image_076-0.jpg?rev=0

picture from drivers seat of another awesome park beside me
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/f/7/a/78597/image_077-0.jpg?rev=0

haha I think we travel in packs. I think he wins though, with the trailer he manage to scoop 6 spots.

Kennyredline
06-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by 95teetee
talk about hitting close to home:D
A couple weeks ago this knob in a hemi pickup pulls up next to me at a light in town (it's an intersection where his lane ends in like half a block-you don't pull up next to someone there unless you plan on smoking them off the light...now, I'm driving a bpu TT Stealth. 'nuff said). Light changes, he walks on it, I stay beside him for a laugh. Except, when his lane ends, rather than slowing down, he comes into my lane, driving me into the oncoming traffic lane (at which point I accelerate away from Bubba Joe-Bob before he can run me completely off the road).
About a week later I see him again. I didn't realize it was the same truck until he yells something out about me being an asshole and flips me off. Ummm yeah, how dare I drive where you're trying to run people off the road.:rolleyes: Idiot.

I had some retard do the same thing to me on the off-ramp heading east on 5 av out of downtown...it's not a merge, signs clearly say the right lane will end. I was this idiot in a pickup, tries to pass me on the outside, and gets pissed off when I don't let him in; pulling up beside me, giving me the finger and yelling(something).

Euro_Trash
07-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by 95teetee
talk about hitting close to home:D

You stayed beside him "for a laugh" instead of giving him room in front or behind you, but you think you are in the right?

Schwa
07-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash

You stayed beside him "for a laugh" instead of giving him room in front or behind you, but you think you are in the right?

You misinterpreted. All the truck driver needed to do was let off the gas for like 1 second and he'd have room behind the stealth. Instead he was too cocky to slow down. :dunno:

legendboy
07-01-2008, 12:36 PM
I have a big truck but I am always careful never to park like a jackass :dunno:

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/shackner/truck.jpg

^ not the easiest to park

Xodus989
07-01-2008, 01:52 PM
New additions for rediculars parking!

picture from drivers seat of another awesome park beside me
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/f/7/a/78597/image_077-0.jpg?rev=0

haha I think we travel in packs. I think he wins though, with the trailer he manage to scoop 6 spots.

Haha, my dad parks like that all the time when he's in out 38' motorhome and he's towing his truck behind. And I'm usually in the town and country pulling 2 jetskis, so I pull up NEXT to him so we dont' take up more spots. But we're always way in the back and out of the way. One day an officer even came up and thanked us for not taking up more spots that what's required!:clap:

Kennyredline
07-01-2008, 03:15 PM

A comment like this goes right back to my original problem with truck drivers; the arrogance, and lack of respect for driving laws, and traffic signs. The point that 95teetee and myself are trying to make is there are always signs saying a lane is about to end, and the thicker lines on the pavement indicate the same. Any half-assed driver would notice this. This is NOT a merge situation, the driver on the right does NOT have equal rights, or the same rights as the person going straight through on the left. It is the responsibility to look ahead, understand that their lane is about to end, and start adjusting speed to make a proper left lane change.

Xodus989
07-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Kennyredline

A comment like this goes right back to my original problem with truck drivers; the arrogance, and lack of respect for driving laws, and traffic signs. The point that 95teetee and myself are trying to make is there are always signs saying a lane is about to end, and the thicker lines on the pavement indicate the same. Any half-assed driver would notice this. This is NOT a merge situation, the driver on the right does NOT have equal rights, or the same rights as the person going straight through on the left. It is the responsibility to look ahead, understand that their lane is about to end, and start adjusting speed to make a proper left lane change.

It is a merge situation, but not for you, the other drivers have to merge right, not you. Which means you have the right of way! And that the guy driving that truck is a douchebag midget!

Euro_Trash
07-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Xodus989

It is a merge situation, but not for you, the other drivers have to merge right, not you. Which means you have the right of way! And that the guy driving that truck is a douchebag midget!

You are thinking of a yield, not a merge. In a merge, both the merging traffic and the flowing trafic have an equal right of way. The traffic flow must attempt to make room to accompany the merging traffic. While the truck obviously made a douchebag move, so did the "flowing traffic".

shakalaka
07-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Had a run in with this another douchebag like half hour ago! This fucking asshole was in a Chevy Silverado. I was driving with a friend on 32nd and were going to take a left on 36th and he was standing in the lane going straight ahead and as we approached him and are now in the left lane he suddenly cuts right in front of us. My friend had to literally slam her breaks to avoid hitting this fuck head and she barely did so in time and she honks at him. Even after all this the cunt has the audacity to pull out a finger and same with his douche fucking passenger! Like for fucks sake! I don't have road rage and barely get angry but fuck heads like this should learn some fucking manners!

EDR128 if you are on here, you are a fucking Cunt with a capital fucking C.

/done rant.

Kennyredline
07-02-2008, 09:16 AM

You are thinking of a yield, not a merge. In a merge, both the merging traffic and the flowing trafic have an equal right of way. The traffic flow must attempt to make room to accompany the merging traffic. While the truck obviously made a douchebag move, so did the "flowing traffic".
It is not a yield, or a merge, there are signs for those...the right lane is ending, that's it. It is up to the driver in the right lane to get over. PERIOD.

Euro_Trash
07-02-2008, 10:05 AM

It is not a yield, or a merge, there are signs for those...the right lane is ending, that's it. It is up to the driver in the right lane to get over. PERIOD.

Let me guess, does the sign look like this?

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/dbpiche/merge.gif

Moonracer
07-02-2008, 10:09 AM

:werd:

Xodus989
07-02-2008, 02:18 PM

Let me guess, does the sign look like this?

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/dbpiche/merge.gif

That's what the sign down here is, except it's white. Our city doesn't like "orange things".:dunno:

Destinova403
07-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Xodus989

That's what the sign down here is, except it's white. Our city doesn't like "orange things".:dunno:

i was told in drivers ed when i took it that a sign is only law if its on a white background. otherwise its "suggestive"

colinxx235
07-02-2008, 02:28 PM
orange also indicates warnings/notices to drivers of upcoming traffic conditions too, such as winding roads/merged etc etc...
my cobalt ss isn't the fastest out there, but its very funny when ram 1500 hemi douche thinks he can beat me off the line and cut infront of me before a lane ends, or tries to cut off a bunch of traffic leaving mckenzie lake to the deerfoot turn off =) hahaha

:rofl:

Moonracer
07-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Destinova403

i was told in drivers ed when i took it that a sign is only law if its on a white background. otherwise its "suggestive"

That would be a warning sign (yellow) orange is construction.
But your point makes no sense anyway, if you were to see a sign that "suggests" the lane you are it ends but you decide to ignore it, because it's not the law, wouldn't that mean "accident"? :D

Destinova403
07-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer

That would be a warning sign (yellow) orange is construction.
But your point makes no sense anyway, if you were to see a sign that "suggests" the lane you are it ends but you decide to ignore it, because it's not the law, wouldn't that mean "accident"? :D

yeah true enough but it makes sense if you consider the yellow speed signs and the fact that the bottom of school/playground zone signs where the speed is actually written is white.

Lex350
07-02-2008, 02:48 PM
On the weekend I was at the mall in Tuscany. I saw a Dodge Diesel sitting across two parking spaces with the truck running. It was still there running after I came out of Sobeys.

What a A-hole!

vengie
07-02-2008, 02:55 PM
i love when a lifted pickup tries to force me to let them in while im driving my work truck... dosent go well for them, i wont budge... if they were to try and get in their truck would be totaled and my truck would have... well maybe a small scratch...
i let in cars ALL the time, show courtesy and you will be given courtesy... but lifted trucks is refuse to let in...

Kennyredline
07-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Destinova403

A speed sign with a yellow background is a suggested, or "recommended" speed because of certain driving conditions. A speed limit sign with a white background is the law. Any other sign with a yellow background is usually a caution sign.