PDA

View Full Version : 92 Impreza hesitating while accelerating

brentos
06-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Hey guys,
I have a JDM 92 Impreza that i got about 2 weeks ago.
Sorry this is really hard to explain for me but...
Just recently my car has been acting up really bad, When I drive it it will hesitate and surge while im accelerating. It never stalls on me either. It has got to the point where i have to park my car because I cant drive anywhere like that. i have noticed my exhaust tone changed to its quieter and dosent have the deep rumble anymore.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? I was told by some people to change the plugs and clean the MAF.

I will even pay anyone who is willing to come down the the SE Riverbend in calgary to take a look and or help me fix the problem if we figure things out.

Thanks!

GT4rally
06-24-2008, 06:13 PM
Clean the MAF with electronic parts cleaner (spray) before you do anything else. Do not touch the element, just spray it down well. If it has a oiled air filter (like a K&N), they have a habit of messing up the MAF with a coating of oil.

tawheed
06-24-2008, 06:25 PM
I know what the problem is.. V1 WRXs had crappy coilpacks.. You must change them out with newer coilpacks..

Here's the link

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1192028

I got them done in mine and it feels waay better

brentos
06-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by tawheed
I know what the problem is.. V1 WRXs had crappy coilpacks.. You must change them out with newer coilpacks..

Here's the link

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1192028

I got them done in mine and it feels waay better

Thanks! ill clean out my MAF, change my coil packs with MY02 coils and change my plugs too.

Your car had simmilar symptoms too?

Anyone down for a case of beer and say... 50 bucks for helping me with this :clap:

PM me or something.

lumss
06-24-2008, 08:47 PM
ya man all you gotta do is clean the maf, change the coils and plugs. NOW WHERESS MY BEER :D