PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1988 Silver Mitsubishi Montero / Dodge Raider

jerzboy
06-25-2008, 08:31 AM
Mitsubishi Montero (Rebadged Dodge Raider, made in Japan)
Silver exterior
Gray interior
5 spd Manual
218,000 kms (136,250 miles)
3,200 kms on complete rebuild of vehicle
Located in Calgary, AB (SW Marda Loop)
Asking $6,500 obo

I've poured thousands of dollars, countless hours, and many sleepless nights into this truck, but unfortunately, i rarely if ever drive it, i am paying to store it, and i feel it needs to go to a good home and an owner that will appriciate everything that's into it & enjoy it!

Appx. $14,000 has been put into this truck since September of 2006 and has been driven a total of 4,000 kms since i bought it, 800 prior to rebuild.

The truck is an '88 Dodge Raider, rebadged as a Mitubishi Montero. Body is a 7/10. Paint is a 8/10 (for an 80s vehicle, not a concours scale!)

Underhood (2.6L G54B)

Brand new motor has 3,200 km's or 2,000 miles on it. Bored .030 over, all rotating parts balanced, new pistons, rods, rings, bearings, connecting rods, all attached mechanical to the motor (oilpump, etc) brand new, way too many to list. OEM Gaskets. Brand new Clearwater cylinder head with no jet valves and hydraulic lifters, MLS head gasket, ARP head studs, all new fasteners. Weber 38 carb. 3 core rad, 2 electric fans.

New clutch. It will chirp the 33"s going into second.

5 speed tranny, t case and both diffs were checked and had measurements taken to ensure they were within spec, synthetic fluids in all drivetrain parts.

Suspension is a 3" suspension lift kit from Austrailia that was brand new when installed & retailed for about $2500 AUS. This included HD torsion bars, lift springs, massive shocks, and greaseable shackles. It flexes quite nicely and rides well.

2" bodylift installed

There is a Cobra CB with front bumper mounted antenna and a pioneer CD player for electronics.

Brakes from a US V6 truck were installed with larger diameter rotors for better stopping

Starter and Alternator were rebuilt

All new steering was installed with heavy duty TRE's.

New brake lines in rear of truck

Both seats have suspension frames from a US truck, very comfy

33" Goodyear MTR's with about 75% tread left mounted on 16" American Racing Nitros

Truck has a roof rack (rails) and a sunroof (tilts and slides)

Averages about 20 mpg (11.7 L per 100 km)

The buyer would also receive a plethora of spare parts including alternator and starter and some sales brochures & magazine advertisements from when the truck was new.

All the parts replaced were OEM from Mitsubishi when available, other parts were sourced through NAPA.

The buyer is essentially purchasing a brand new truck, please phone or email me if you have any further questions.

Asking $6500 obo. Once again i've spent over $14K on this unit.

Contact info:

Elias
(403) 619-0289 (Leave message!)
[email protected]

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll179/epanasuik/DSC02860.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll179/epanasuik/DSC02861.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll179/epanasuik/DSC02858.jpg

jerzboy
07-03-2008, 01:14 PM
sold. mods please delete