PDA

View Full Version : fat burners

LUDELVR
06-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Hey does anyone know of a good fat burner? I've tried a couple over in NZ and just wanted to see what some of you guys are using (if any).

I'm looking for something to assist in my training. I just figure it would compound the results I'm looking for along with proper dieting, weight training and cardio.

Let me know.

Cheers!

Jmay1988
06-25-2008, 10:17 AM
Dont get fat burners they are a waste of money instead just get some green tea extract and multi vitamins and do 30mins of HIIT a day. Unless you get Ephedrine but I do not know where you can get it in Canada.

bulaian
06-25-2008, 10:20 AM
ECA stack :D

~Leah~
06-25-2008, 10:38 AM
I still haven't seen my buddy from GNC online, sorry... I did an ECA stack a few years ago and was impressed with results.

sabad66
06-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Yeah don't waste your money on hydroxycut etc. Go to supplementscanada.com and get yourself a bottle of caffeine pills and 5 bottles of ephedrine. Shouldn't cost you more than 40 bucks.

1-Bar
06-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Jmay1988
Dont get fat burners they are a waste of money instead just get some green tea extract and multi vitamins and do 30mins of HIIT a day. Unless you get Ephedrine but I do not know where you can get it in Canada.

You can get it as a nasal decongestant ;)

bobby_lu
06-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Any supplement store has, or try www.supplementscanada.com

Super_Geo
06-25-2008, 11:14 AM
- Utility knife
- Vaccum cleaner w/ reducing nozzle
- Storage bag

max_boost
06-25-2008, 11:59 AM
Reading up a bit on eca. Where can you buy a stack of eca?

So it's recommended you do a cycle of say 4-6 weeks with it and then take 2 weeks off? You only take it on training days?

I'm debating if it's something I need. I'm 5"5 150llbs. Wouldn't mind shedding some weight.

Been working out and doing cardio but just drinking green tea and taking my fish oil. Slowly changing my eating habits, I don't drink any pop, no carbs after 8pm, eating less carbs in general which is hard to do cause I love my noodles + rice. Eating more protein, more greens, less fried foods etc. but food is just too damn tasty to cut it all back. At least I'm exercising to compensate because before I would just eat eat eat with no exercise!

rmk
06-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Any bodybuilding store in town will sell the Ephedrine, and a caffine pills. Go to Co-Op and buy the Aspirine.

You have to take it for the entire duration (4-6 weeks) for it to have a full effect. It really amps you up. Some people can take it but other can not deal with the effects.

bulaian
06-25-2008, 12:13 PM
the best place would be www.supplementscanada.com

50 tab bottle of Ephedrine HCL for $4.99
100 tab bottle of Caffeine for $4.99

but you'll have to pay $10 shipping unless you spend $100 or more.

Local stores will sell Caffeine and Ephedrine HCL for about $10 per bottle.

Most people take 3 tabs of E to 1 C, so you'd have to buy 6 bottles of E for every C.

Darkane
06-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
Hey does anyone know of a good fat burner? I've tried a couple over in NZ and just wanted to see what some of you guys are using (if any).

I'm looking for something to assist in my training. I just figure it would compound the results I'm looking for along with proper dieting, weight training and cardio.

Let me know.

Cheers!

Pm'd

qbrown
06-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
- Utility knife
- Vaccum cleaner w/ reducing nozzle
- Storage bag

lol "Do it yourself lipo"

sounds safe to me

max_boost
06-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Is there an all in one pill that combines E, C, + A? The whole idea of downing all these pills separately is kind of :nut:

The thing is, I'm feeling pretty motivated right now after my workouts. A bit sore but I have so much energy even from just 6-7 hours of sleep. Don't want to get too jacked up from the ECA haha

FilthyMcNasty
06-25-2008, 02:18 PM
get Nutrex lipo 6. i think they sell it at popeyes.

rmk
06-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Is there an all in one pill that combines E, C, + A? The whole idea of downing all these pills separately is kind of :nut:

The thing is, I'm feeling pretty motivated right now after my workouts. A bit sore but I have so much energy even from just 6-7 hours of sleep. Don't want to get too jacked up from the ECA haha

I'm not aware of any big pill which has everything in it. It is alot of pills to take at one time!

It is good that you are motivated. The ECA stack jacks you up with more energy. It was unreal being at the gym and using it. I found that it made me moody, and rowdy :rofl: It wasn't something I could take in the office through the week, so a full duration was out of the question... So be careful with that.

kutt3r
06-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Clen is best...but honestly....

Becareful with ECA stack, monitor your heart rate the first few times you use it, it can cause elevated (and I mean heart attack inducing) heart rate or murmurs... (it will cause your HR to go up slightly, that is normal...too much is bad.....)

Also if you have any blood disorders I would be cautious as the asprin will act as a thinner and could cause issues depending on the person... just know the risks :)

I have tried NxLabs™ Methyl Ripped (from GNC, and I hate GNC..) and had good success with it, not as strong as ECA, but effective and no side effects(for me). It comes alone or in a kit with a night time fat burner and a diuretic, that I did not use nor would reccomend.

:dunno:

(on a side note, Lipo6 did nothing for me....)

BenC
06-25-2008, 05:02 PM
i work at gnc. and all i can say is
ECA STACK FTMFW
use it, and love it
haha

but fire caps, ls-7, rev hardcore are pretty good thermogenics...

LUDELVR
06-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by BenC
i work at gnc. and all i can say is
ECA STACK FTMFW
use it, and love it
haha

but fire caps, ls-7, rev hardcore are pretty good thermogenics...

Sweet as mate! So does that mean you got the madd hookups or is it better to buy online?

Also, what is this ECA stack stuff? I'll do a search but can anyone describe it in a laconic way?

Cheers

Darkane
06-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Speed, Caffeine, Asprin

I'd stay away from that.

Shit do a Paleo style diet. Search that up.

maxideus
06-25-2008, 11:55 PM
Here's my stack:

Lipo6x
REDuction
M.A.N Vapour
NOW Tri-Chromium
CLA
Multi-vitamin

You can get information on each of these supplements on www.bodybuilding.com

Supplements are supplements though and should not be substituted for exercise. When combined with physical activity, this shit works wonders!

jay42w8
06-27-2008, 11:52 AM
All you need is an ECA stack, that's it, I've worked in a nutritional supplement store, all those fancy products with cool names including Hydroxycut are pure garbage. The only ingredient that they put in them that works is Ephedrine and Caffeine and since its illegal in Canada to sell a product with Ephedrine in it, they are now nothing more than 80 dollar bottles of Caffeine pills (which go for about 15 bucks on its own). Ephedrine is legal to be sold in 8mg pills which also go for 15 bucks a bottle.

Even CLA, which is popular right now is crap, some of it claims are downright stupid and only a dumb fat person (which is a pretty good market mind you) would believe it. Save your money.

sabad66
06-27-2008, 11:56 AM
downing 4-5 pills at the same time isn't all that bad... The ephes are tiny. The only "normal" size pill would be the caffeine and aspirin if you choose to take it

kutt3r
06-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

Sweet as mate! So does that mean you got the madd hookups or is it better to buy online?

Also, what is this ECA stack stuff? I'll do a search but can anyone describe it in a laconic way?

Cheers

Simple link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECA_stack

Like I said before, weigh the risks.....

Is your diet in order? No, dont bother with a fat burner.
Is your program in order? No, dont bother with a fat burner.

Hope that helps....

Risks
The primary risk of the ECA stack is in the effect of ephedrine on the heart. Ephedrine has been linked to deaths in people with valve damage, heart problems and heart disease, but also in previously healthy young adults when taken in high doses. It is not recommended that stimulants be taken in users with a pre-existing heart condition. Additionally, there is some evidence that the long term use of amphetamines can lead to heart damage, but this has not been shown for ephedrine use.

Caffeine and ephedrine also act to raise blood pressure by approximately 4–7 mmHg on average,[citation needed] so users with existing hypertension must be careful that the stack does not increase their blood pressure to dangerous levels — especially during exercise (for example, by lifting exceptionally heavy weights).

Other risks include insomnia, dry mouth, irritability, stress, headache, anxiety, dizziness, nausea, irregular heartbeat, interaction with MAO inhibitors, trembling hands, increased need for water and potassium, and psychosis resulting from the long-term use of ephedrine.

dropdat
06-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by kutt3r

Simple link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECA_stack

Like I said before, weigh the risks.....

Is your diet in order? No, dont bother with a fat burner.
Is your program in order? No, dont bother with a fat burner.

Hope that helps....

Risks
The primary risk of the ECA stack is in the effect of ephedrine on the heart. Ephedrine has been linked to deaths in people with valve damage, heart problems and heart disease, but also in previously healthy young adults when taken in high doses. It is not recommended that stimulants be taken in users with a pre-existing heart condition. Additionally, there is some evidence that the long term use of amphetamines can lead to heart damage, but this has not been shown for ephedrine use.

Caffeine and ephedrine also act to raise blood pressure by approximately 4–7 mmHg on average,[citation needed] so users with existing hypertension must be careful that the stack does not increase their blood pressure to dangerous levels — especially during exercise (for example, by lifting exceptionally heavy weights).

Other risks include insomnia, dry mouth, irritability, stress, headache, anxiety, dizziness, nausea, irregular heartbeat, interaction with MAO inhibitors, trembling hands, increased need for water and potassium, and psychosis resulting from the long-term use of ephedrine.

Insomnia, dry mouth and dizziness are some of the ways it's affected me (I'm 3 weeks in right now). But on a good note, I feel much more alive all day and it makes working out alot easier.

maxideus
06-28-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by jay42w8

Even CLA, which is popular right now is crap, some of it claims are downright stupid and only a dumb fat person (which is a pretty good market mind you) would believe it. Save your money.

Dude, just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for others.

I do agree with one thing you said, the fat loss supplements business thrives on people that want instant gratification involving the least amount of effort. If a product says it will help lose weight without exercising, people will jump on the shit like candy, as ridiculous as it sounds. Companies can say whatever they want because the claims from the product doesn't have to be FDA approved.

Fat people are gullible and that's why the stuff sells, but some products actually do work, aside from the ECA stack.

ClearBluewater
07-01-2008, 11:42 AM
GO to the fucking gym and eat healthy... why the fuck do you need to complicate your life with 5 pills at a time... the side effects will show up when your older.

dropdat
07-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by ClearBluewater
GO to the fucking gym and eat healthy... why the fuck do you need to complicate your life with 5 pills at a time... the side effects will show up when your older.

I eat healthy and goto the gym atleast 6 days a week, some people just want faster results. If you don't like the idea of taking supplements, dont take them.

Also, for some people, results are VERY slow and they need that extra edge.

max_boost
07-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Yo LUDELVR, go read Body for Life, easy read, skip through the motivational BS stories and follow the workouts and diet plan. It'll make you stronger and shredded in no time.

nj2Type-S
07-02-2008, 11:14 AM
i used SAN TIGHT like 3 yrs ago...that thing worked like crazy....pretty awesome results but of course, once i stopped taking it, the weight came back.

luckily for me, i try to keep in shape nowadays moreso than i did back then so i didn't get as fat as before, lol.

i don't think these fat burners are worth the money at all, IMO. just workout hard and most importantly, watch your effin diet!

JordanEG6
07-02-2008, 11:37 AM
If you end up doing an ECA, Ephedrine is available at Popeye's. They come in 50 pill bottles. But only 8mg a tablet, so you blow through it quick.

soupey
08-04-2008, 09:01 PM
sorry to pop this thread back up, but to u guys taking ECA stacks, how often do u take it? once a day?

1-Bar
08-04-2008, 09:26 PM
IIRC 3x/day....

rmk
08-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by soupey
sorry to pop this thread back up, but to u guys taking ECA stacks, how often do u take it? once a day?

3 times a day.

i tried to take it before i'd do something physical. ie, walk to work, hit the gym, go for a run.

try not to take it too late, for obvious reasons.

pinoyboy88
08-08-2008, 10:32 AM
how much of each should you take daily?

soupey
08-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by pinoyboy88
how much of each should you take daily?

says above, 1 aspirin, 3x8mg (~25mg) ephedrine HCl and 200mg caffeine each dose

OP_SIHOTA
08-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
[B]Is there an all in one pill that combines E, C, + A? The whole idea of downing all these pills separately is kind of :nut:

Yes, you can get them at certain gyms in the city.

pinoyboy88
08-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Just bought a bottle of ephedrine HCL ($10), a bottle of caffeine pills ($15), and a bottle of aspirin ($5) been taking it for past 4 days and i notice my workouts have been more intense.