PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Asus and Lenovo laptops?

copynpaste
06-25-2008, 07:41 PM
In this city :confused: Mem Ex sells ASUS but their selection is pretty average, and I dont think I know of any place that commercially sells Lenovos.

HyperZell
06-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Memory Express can special order you in almost any model you'd like...

dragonone
06-26-2008, 12:49 AM
you guys should carry more selection... are the asus not selling well?

some models on ncix's website make me drool

HyperZell
06-26-2008, 07:42 AM
I don't work for Memory Express anymore, just so everyone knows. I will still be a customer and advocate for life though.

Reasoning tells me that MemX isn't a huge chain yet, so they can't afford to stock every Asus model. It's a combination of market analysis and past performance that leads the purchasers to buy which model to stock, I'm guessing. They of course would try to keep the most popular ones (to their best guess) in stock, but like I said you can just ask a sales rep to order a particular model for you - there's no extra charge.

And the other thing is, Asus is a premium manufacturer of laptops. They charge more, and before a few weeks ago you couldn't get one for less that 1K (now there's an XP model for $950 I believe). The average consumer knows that there are a ton of laptops for seven or eight hundred dollars and can have a hard time finding the value in a $1300 model from a brand they've never heard of.

hampstor
06-26-2008, 07:55 AM
NCIX's warehouse is a few blocks from the nation's largest Asus distributor... when you look on their website at stock, they actually link their stock to the suppliers so it looks like they have it when in fact they don't.

MemEx is in Calgary, whatever they list is usually 2-5 days away, so you'll have to ask them if they can get it in for you.

syscal
06-26-2008, 04:42 PM
PM me for Lenovo if it's for a business.

Toms-SC
06-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Bumping this

Any place local for Lenovo?

hampstor
06-30-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Bumping this

Any place local for Lenovo?

for personal or for business?

EmJay
06-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Dunno about any local places but if you don't need it for tomorrow check out www.visaperks.ca. If you pay with your visa and link through visaperks you qualify for a discount.

http://www.visaperks.ca/visaperks/offer.cfm?cat=all&offertype=all&merch=10824

Toms-SC
06-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by hampstor

for personal or for business?

Personal use but I want a business class laptop (T)

hampstor
07-01-2008, 09:13 AM
Your local choices as a consumer are Memory Express, BCOM, and Computer Rack. They can all order in the Lenovo T series for you.

However, their selection is limited as Lenovo has split their business up between direct web sales vs. the channel.

If you go to a store, these are the models they could get you:

http://shop.lenovo.com/ISS_Static/WW/merchandising/ca/en/reseller_locator/doc/ThinkpadWebSheet-20080620.pdf

The ones that you can custom build on the Lenovo site are offered direct to you, but if you are a 'reseller' ID (like any of the companies above) they give you 5% off. If you ask a reseller to do it, they will usually not want to because they only make 5% (and if you pay w/ a credit card it's more like 2%) and it takes them 3-4 weeks to get it. You are better off simply just ordering it from http://www.lenovo.com/ca

Pacman
07-01-2008, 08:09 PM
I have a Lenovo Employee Purchase Plan code if you want it. I used it to buy my T61 and saved a couple hundred dollars off the Lenovo.ca website price.