PDA

View Full Version : compustar - Canadian Compliant?

psi_klops
06-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Hi all,
I don't know much about this so I thought I would ask.
I want to buy a Compustar 2w900FMR, but is operating on the 900MHz frequency ok??? FCC somthing or other?
I know that they sell the 2w8000FMR and that is a stronger signal, but does that make the 900 illegal?

THanks!

420Ninja
06-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Considering half of the cordless phones that came out in the early 2000's were on 900mghz I would think it would be safe to assume that the signals are legal. And compustar sells their systems in Canada under Arctic Start so theres another check in the legal box. And why even worry about it in the first place, all that having a alarm operating on 900mghz is going to do is maybe make a buzzing noise show up on some ladys cordless phone...

psi_klops
06-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Personally I don't care what frequency it operates at, but I heard that some of them interfere with ambulance/cops/ etc...and they will ticket your ass to hell....and I can't afford to pay anymore freaking tickets

talonboi
06-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Compustar/Artic has been around for quite sometime now, i don't even think that any cop/citizen would even complain about a radio frequency from an alarm/starter.

I'm pretty sure you'll be safe from the cops.