PDA

View Full Version : SAFCII Not Working.

WALKER
06-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Hey I wired up an SAFCII into my car last night and when I put the ignition into the ON position, the SAFCII appears to not have power to it as there are no lights on buttons and nothing on the screen.

I bought the unit used and am wondering if it was no good. Is there anyway to tell if the unit works? Can I supply a voltage and a ground to it only to test it?

Any ideas for me to test it out?

Don't throw statements out about not having it wired properly, since I am almost positive it is wired correct since others with my same car have wired it the same. Besides I will work out the wiring questions on my car specific forum since there will be more knowledge about that there.

Just wondering if you have ever heard of an SAFCII not having anything displayed if wired correctly?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

WALKER
06-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Well it turns out the problem was with my grounds. Not sure what the problem was, but I took the solder apart and redid the grounds and it works now.

WALKER
06-27-2008, 10:11 AM
By the way what is the pressure setup all about? I know I need to use pressure since I have a MAP sensor, but what is the 1in/1out, 2in/2out, etc. all about?

Does that have to do with FPR or number of inputs? Confused about knowing what to setup here and what impacts it may have if incorrectly setup?

sr20s14zenki
06-29-2008, 01:04 PM
all the ins and outs allow you to do corrections and stuff. just run 1in 1out if you are stock. I know that in hot wire mode, it allows you to translate maf ie. run a z32 maf on a stock sr20 ecu, just by using a certain number in and a certain number out.

Cooked Rice
06-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Look it up for what it should be for your sensor and ECU. It can vary depending on application. Usually if it's the stock MAF/MAP the two numbers will be the same. It basically lets the SAFC know what type/kind of signal it's going to expect and what type/kind of signal to forward to the ECU, so the ECU understands it. It acts like a "translator".

As mentioned above. It's good for people who swap out their stock MAFs.

For example your MAF/MAP may speak "English" but your ECU only understands "Japanese". So you tell the SAFC your MAF is going to talk to it in "English" but to talk to the ECU it has to talk in "Japanese"...

that's how i interpret it.