PDA

View Full Version : Stamps Game on TSN...

badatusrnames
06-26-2008, 08:31 PM
TSN has been frozen up for 30 minutes+ on shaw cable and I'm missing the Stamps game! Argh!

bluetek
06-26-2008, 08:32 PM
Not the case for me. Its working fine.

badatusrnames
06-26-2008, 08:34 PM
^^ Who is your TV provider? All my other channels are fine on Shaw Cable (not digital).

badatusrnames
06-26-2008, 08:37 PM
I guess I'm not the only one...

http://forum.gostampsgo.com/showthread.php?t=10096

rmk
06-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Frozen on my tv.

bluetek
06-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Ya I have Shaw. It's probably cuz i'm watching on TSNHD then if your not on digital.

badatusrnames
06-26-2008, 08:42 PM
What the fuck it's some movie about a Chinese family??!??!!11!!1

95teetee
06-26-2008, 08:43 PM
I just got off of the phone with the retards at Bell because they're blacking the game out here.
He explains the concept of the blackout, I explain to him that it's a 56 km radius for cable/satellite, 120 km radius for over-the-air channels (kinda moot now that TSN carries all of the games), which I am outside of.
He then explains the concept of the blackout again, I then try to get through to this barely-speaking-english pos AGAIN that I'm outside the radius.
He then tells me that it's a CFL regulation that games are blacked out in the cities they're played in. Now I'm losing patience (I've already told this idiot that this happens every frickin' year, and I have to phone them to get it fixed every frickin' year) so I just tell him that maybe I should be using Starchoice, since my fucking neighbour can watch the fucking games on that. Followed by an "unfuckingbelievable" as I hang up.

I almost told him I was watching it on FTA anyways, but HD would be nice;)

badatusrnames
06-26-2008, 08:44 PM
For some reason... ch. 42 and 21 are the same...

badatusrnames
06-26-2008, 08:46 PM
A blast of static, a frozen commercial and now another blast of static and back to frozen commercial.

I didn't realize the game was blacked out in Calgary. Blackouts suck...

bluetek
06-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Why would they black-out a Calgary game only in Calgary? That doesent make too much sense seeing that the majority of viewers would be from Calgary.

I guess I'm getting it because i'm on the National TSN feed.

bluetek
06-26-2008, 08:50 PM
14-0 Stamps on top!

badatusrnames
06-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by bluetek
Why would they black-out a Calgary game only in Calgary? That doesent make too much sense seeing that the majority of viewers would be from Calgary.

I guess I'm getting it because i'm on the National TSN feed.

To protect gate revenues, so people go to the game instead of watching it on TV.

14-0 Stamps on top!

Fuck you, I wish I was watching the game!

Go Stamps Go!

Jay911
06-26-2008, 08:52 PM
They black out the game because they don't want to take money away from the team. And the team wants your ass in the stadium seat, not on your couch.

Ske7ches
06-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Its some chinese show on channel 21..

bluetek
06-26-2008, 08:55 PM
True, doesent seem like a good way to grow the game if they continue to do this.

lol, I dont mind since I'll get most if not all the games regardless, but will they be blocking all Calgary home games this season?

scboss
06-26-2008, 08:56 PM
i have tsnhd through shaw works fine. Is it because of where the feed comes from?

btw 14-1 d is playin damn good

badatusrnames
06-26-2008, 08:57 PM
True, doesent seem like a good way to grow the game if they continue to do this.

lol, I dont mind since I'll get most if not all the games regardless, but will they be blocking all Calgary home games this season?

I agree, you'd figure they would negotiate a better deal with the broadcaster to offset whatever they lose in ticket sales. In return, TSN would get access to an additional market of 1,000,000 people.

Jay911
06-26-2008, 09:02 PM
LOL... Bell ExpressVu won't let me select channel 400, saying it's blacked out here, but if I select 402, the TSN Alternate feed (which says it's running World Series of Poker on the program guide right now), I get the game.

badatusrnames
06-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Jay911
LOL... Bell ExpressVu won't let me select channel 400, saying it's blacked out here, but if I select 402, the TSN Alternate feed (which says it's running World Series of Poker on the program guide right now), I get the game.

Such bullshit... If I can't have the game, you shouldn't be able to either!! I wonder if maybe some of the providers were uncertain whether or not the game was supposed to be blacked out?? Channel listings on 02 list CFL Football on TSN...

Now the Chinese people are frozen up:thumbsdow

Lex350
06-26-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm on shaw and I can;t get the game. WTF?

badatusrnames
06-26-2008, 09:17 PM
...and now it's Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?

95teetee
06-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

Such bullshit... If I can't have the game, you shouldn't be able to either!! I wonder if maybe some of the providers were uncertain whether or not the game was supposed to be blacked out?? Channel listings on 02 list CFL Football on TSN...

Now the Chinese people are frozen up:thumbsdow
I just noticed I'm getting it on 402 also (still want HD though, dammit.)

Stupid CFL Rules question (meaning the rules are stupid, not the question...hopefully)- why, in the first game, after a Montreal player fumbled, did they say "fumbles in the field of play are not reviewable" when Hamilton wanted the (correct) call made???

PeterGTiR
06-26-2008, 09:43 PM
I just checked and it was back on with a minute before halftime - at least in my area. I called Shaw earlier and they had a pre recorded message - technicians were trying to fix it.

I don't think it was never blacked out in Calgary, they just had problems.

17-10 Stamps.

badatusrnames
06-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Working for me now as well... bit of a piss off to miss half of it though.

Ajay
06-26-2008, 09:53 PM
I don't think it would make sense to black out the game if it was played in Calgary. They don't do it when the Flames play so why would they do it when the Stamps play.

2002civic
06-26-2008, 10:01 PM
^^the flames sell out, the stamps don't...they only do it when the game is not sold out

and the game is now on TV

md14
07-17-2008, 07:58 PM
... I cant even catch it on TSN-A tonight.. 400, 402, 850 all blacked out damn it :banghead:

toyboy88
07-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Shaw HD works... 42-16 stamps!

md14
07-17-2008, 11:13 PM
They blacked out the 1st quarter.. then showed the rest but not HD only on TSN-A

Garbage

jay42w8
07-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by 95teetee
I just got off of the phone with the retards at Bell because they're blacking the game out here.
He explains the concept of the blackout, I explain to him that it's a 56 km radius for cable/satellite, 120 km radius for over-the-air channels (kinda moot now that TSN carries all of the games), which I am outside of.
He then explains the concept of the blackout again, I then try to get through to this barely-speaking-english pos AGAIN that I'm outside the radius.
He then tells me that it's a CFL regulation that games are blacked out in the cities they're played in. Now I'm losing patience (I've already told this idiot that this happens every frickin' year, and I have to phone them to get it fixed every frickin' year) so I just tell him that maybe I should be using Starchoice, since my fucking neighbour can watch the fucking games on that. Followed by an "unfuckingbelievable" as I hang up.

I almost told him I was watching it on FTA anyways, but HD would be nice;)

The Racist still got owned in the end.

PeterGTiR
07-18-2008, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by md14
... I cant even catch it on TSN-A tonight.. 400, 402, 850 all blacked out damn it :banghead:

Strange...the whole game was on regular Shaw Tsn for me.

95teetee
07-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by jay42w8

The Racist still got owned in the end. french-canadian is a different race now, is it??????????

When you ask for service in English, the other person should be able to speak it as well.

oilerfan4lyfe
07-18-2008, 07:08 PM
I was watching the start of the game along with bits in the middle and it was coming fine...regular channel 21 no cable box or satellite.

BTW - they don't blackout every game, only the ones that don't sell out - so games against Edmonton for example shouldn't be blacked out because they will sell out - if you sell out the stadium it makes little sense to have a blackout since everyone who would pay for tickets wouldn't be able to get them anyways.

As for blacking out Flames games - it would do nothing but take away fans...since every game is sold out people have no choice but to watch on TV.

Originally posted by 95teetee

Stupid CFL Rules question (meaning the rules are stupid, not the question...hopefully)- why, in the first game, after a Montreal player fumbled, did they say "fumbles in the field of play are not reviewable" when Hamilton wanted the (correct) call made???

I don't know what the actual play you're talking about was, but you can challenge whether or not there was a fumble...however you can't challenge who recovered the fumble since that is a judgement call by a referee - you also can't challenge whether or not a fumble happened before or after a penalty I believe.