PDA

View Full Version : Crowfoot auto shops?

EuroDubbs
06-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Hey i was looking to buy a car and im wanting to get it pre inspected but the guys car is not registered so i was wondering what auto shops around crowfoot would do a pre inspection?

brown_guy
06-27-2008, 12:24 AM
go to OK Tire they are good:thumbsup:

And avoid Crowfoot Brake and Muffler they are scamers...

They Quoted my brother pay $650 in repairs for a insurance safty inspection.... and the same car was taken to Canadian Tire(shity tire I know) And we all know how picky Canadian tire is and they passed the car with no problems.... went back to tell them WTF...they told me and him get the F**K out of their shop or they will call the cops... and would not give us a refund for the inspection.

rice_balls
06-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Theres one in silversprings near the newly moved Autovalue. I'm not sure what it was called though.

Palmiros
06-28-2008, 02:16 PM
:werd: on Crowfoot Brake and Muffler.

Thaco
06-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by brown_guy
go to OK Tire they are good:thumbsup:

And avoid Crowfoot Brake and Muffler they are scamers...

They Quoted my brother pay $650 in repairs for a insurance safty inspection.... and the same car was taken to Canadian Tire(shity tire I know) And we all know how picky Canadian tire is and they passed the car with no problems.... went back to tell them WTF...they told me and him get the F**K out of their shop or they will call the cops... and would not give us a refund for the inspection.

so they're scammers because Canadian tire dont know what they're doing? $650 is MINOR for repairs, if they wanted to scam, i'm sure they'd try to take you for a lot more than that, most shops wouldn't waste their time for $650.

I have been there a couple of times and never had an issue, they always did a fast and fair job.

420Ninja
06-29-2008, 07:00 AM
Myself had a horrible experience with crowfoot muffler and brake. Spent about $2000 on getting an exhaust system and some other work done, and the thing falls off after 6 months, probably drove around in it 7-8 times. So I went back to see what they would do and I was told to get lost. Now this is a 17 foot long vehicle and there were only 2 hangers welded on the entire exhaust system, and the welds all broke so it had zero hangers. Pretty shitty work if you ask me.

I have a buddy who got his 1st gen camaro done there and they are not very impressed with the work either, also I can rember one other incident where a customer had a legitimate issue with work not being done right and he got told if he couldnt show up at 10:00 sharp he would never get his exhaust fixed, and he couldnt leave it during the day because they 'dont have any fucking parking'. And having a y pipe just behind the motor come apart is a pretty serious problem to have, kinda parks your daily driver.

Honestly though they're pretty much the shittyst shop in crowfoot, besides kinibbe, ive seen timing covers that were resealed there, except the seal of mud & oil on the timing cover was untouched.

I just took my car to the Certigard in Silver Springs the other day, the guy seemed pretty straight foreward and honest, and ive heard they do good work. That or take it to Hawkwood Auto, theyre not far away and I know steve there, he has some good guys working for him. But if it needs to be in crowfoot Nick at National Transmission would probably do it for you, and he takes good care of his customers, or of course there's that big shop right across from dodge, cant rember their name but they do general stuff and their not cheap but still not a bad shop.