PDA

View Full Version : Import Concern legit?

Lonestar
06-27-2008, 02:01 PM
hey, does any one know how to get a hold of these guys?? ive sent an e-mail to christian whos in calgary but he has not replied. as for the only number they have up on the site the guy says hes camping till monday.

any one know much about um? is it just a couple of guys with a business out of there home? they have stock here in calgary but is there a shop to go look at it???

i would like to get the process started, and from what ive been researching the price to calgary is pretty damn good. if i were to use japan import direct i gota fiddle with paper work and delivery tucks once its landed in vancouver, or go pick it up. import concern seems least stressful.

thanx to any one who can help

Toms-SC
06-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Don't do it

avow
06-27-2008, 02:06 PM
shut up toms and go pull some dents or something :P
ic is a great legit company and they are very active in the community. give dominic a call at 780.460.2644. he is a really good guy.

Thaco
06-27-2008, 02:07 PM
mx73someday is Christian

Toms-SC
06-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by avow
shut up toms and go pull some dents or something :P

Too many Tom's on here now. I was the OG, the other one is a faker.

silviafreek89
06-27-2008, 02:22 PM
I've been in contact with Christian before and have even been to his shop here in Calgary...The # I have is 403-397-1765.

He's a good guy who loves his cars and would be able to provide lots of info if your looking to buy an import....

My suggestion, buy a JDM that has been previously owned by a shop/export company or a car that has documents supporting 'accident free' and stay away from the roll backs (fucking walmart)!!! Those are the only ways to assure yourself that you get a somewhat decent car...

GL future RHD owner :clap:

badatusrnames
06-27-2008, 02:23 PM
They are apparently legit, and a sponsor.

If I was to buy another JDM car, I'd get one that was already landed and OOP'd. There are simply to many things that can go wrong when bringing it over, it isn't worth the saving in my opinion.

In my case, I was lucky and got a car that was mint and perfect mechanically, but I had hassles with lost paperwork and trying to get replacement forms. At least you won't have to worry about that and can get a good look at the car before purchasing it.

There are enough on the market place here...

JRSC00LUDE
06-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Yes, it's very legit to be concerned about an import (if it's JDM). Thank you for asking.

Lonestar
06-27-2008, 02:46 PM
hey thanx everyone, i sent him a pm, but if i dont hear back ill definatly give him a call.

any one else have an opinion about who to go through to import please feel free to let me know, im balancing all my options.

i am looking for a clean stock gts-t lower kilo's the better. i know alot of you will probably roll your eyes cuz there are so many of them now. but iv driven a few now and i love it. im bouncing back and forth between a gts25t, gtst, and a 180... iv also driven a few 180's and i love um as well. my buddy just bought the black one off japan racing for $6500 without tax (jdmcalgary.ca). cusco coilovers are sick lmao the car is a riot.

any way i like the idea of the rb20det, quite expandable and a very solid engine stock. and i love the looks too. and the fact there are a few kickin around isnt a bad thing for me... just more parts haha

edit

oh and ive been lookin around for one here, i had the money set up and was gunna buy Rollie's gtst, but a kid in high school snagged it from under me god dammit. it was a very clean car. iv been looking on kijiji and everywere else, test drove a few, but none as clean and well kept as rollie's. and now none of the shops like jdm source are importing them any more, just the r33's cuz its new and what people want i guess.

avow
06-27-2008, 02:49 PM
call or e-mail dominic at import concern. he is faster then christin and can do all the same stuff :P

Lonestar
06-27-2008, 02:50 PM
i did hes camping till monday lmao

silviafreek89
06-27-2008, 02:51 PM
I got mine from Feast Auto Export Group...Adam has some quality cars and he sees them first (export company based in Japan) but you don't get to see it so there's quite the risk involved. That and the fact it took me a full 12 months from payment date to delivery date lol

GL either way...Word of advice, don't ask anybody what you should get...if you don't know what you want, don't buy anything. Once you see the right car you will know, it's kinda like a chick:bigpimp:

avow
06-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Lonestar
i did hes camping till monday lmao
gay lol. jdmtuners here at beyond seem to be pretty good too. havnt worked with them but see they sell a ton of cars through the marketplace and everyone seems to be happy.

Lonestar
06-27-2008, 02:59 PM
i hear ya lol, its very true. im set on a gtst, i just gota find the best way to get one. nothing ive test drove has really stood out, other than rollie's and like i said i was like 1 day late, even had the cash ready and everything. quite choked about that actually.

import concern imports strait to calgary and has a landed in calgary price for there stock so theres no wondering about how much shipping will be, depending on crate and shit. they say its dilivery from point of payment averages 5-9 weeks giver or take im sure. seems too quick almost lmao.

i dont know about auction cars, but if they can find me one im going to spend the money on a 3rd party inspection in japan.

Lonestar
06-27-2008, 03:01 PM
ive herd bad things about jdm tunners, it could just be rumors though.

03ozwhip
06-27-2008, 03:11 PM
when i bought my mr2 it was through a guy that got it from import concern. i never had any problems with it and the new owner of it hasnt either. id vouch for their cars.

ga16i
06-27-2008, 03:20 PM
dealt with christian a few times on various parts, knowledgeable and was VERY responsive when I dealt with him. Of course it wasn't on a long weekend, but he'd make arrangements to meet that suits my availability. good guy. lots of cool stuff in the shop too

Lonestar
06-27-2008, 03:25 PM
where is the shop!?

Lonestar
06-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by silviafreek89
I've been in contact with Christian before and have even been to his shop here in Calgary...The # I have is 403-397-1765.

no reply or answering machine :(

ill probably have to wait till monday... its just i would like to know how this works fast, there was 92 gtst with 13xxx km. dunno how easy it is to roll back a nissan but if it was legit that would be amazing.

any one know how much somthing like that would go for? auction grade 4.

03ozwhip
06-27-2008, 04:01 PM
probably 7-8k pplus everything

da_rite
06-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Yes, it's very legit to be concerned about an import (if it's JDM). Thank you for asking.

hahaha

Lonestar
06-27-2008, 04:25 PM
christian just called me back actually :) man i love beyond lol fuckin great community. he said 6-8 is not a unrealistic price, but you never know you could get lucky and get it for much cheaper.

great guy on the phone, answered alot of my qustions and he pretty much said that once i find one to bid on there is a deposit that you work out with him and a budget they stay below or meet before they start.

any way wish me luck hopefully i find one here soon, i want a jdm whip for summer :)

if any one does find a relativly stock low km (100xxx or less) 91-92 gts-t 5sp auction grade 3.5 or higher feel free to pm me if your feelin nice :)

thanx for everyones input and help

BigBadVlad
06-27-2008, 04:30 PM
+1 for Christian and Import Concern:thumbsup:

403Gemini
06-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Ive met Christian at a meet once, seemed like a nice enough guy. I dont like RHD vehicles but if i WERE to look at them i'd probably go through them.

THE GOVERNATOR
06-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Lonestar
christian just called me back actually :) man i love beyond lol fuckin great community. he said 6-8 is not a unrealistic price, but you never know you could get lucky and get it for much cheaper.

great guy on the phone, answered alot of my qustions and he pretty much said that once i find one to bid on there is a deposit that you work out with him and a budget they stay below or meet before they start.

any way wish me luck hopefully i find one here soon, i want a jdm whip for summer :)

if any one does find a relativly stock low km (100xxx or less) 91-92 gts-t 5sp auction grade 3.5 or higher feel free to pm me if your feelin nice :)

thanx for everyones input and help

theres a nice one on import concern for $5200 i believe, has a 4.0 auction grade and 82,000kms.

talonboi
06-28-2008, 08:04 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: for christian. great guy to deal with

Lonestar
06-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by THE GOVERNATOR

theres a nice one on import concern for $5200 i believe, has a 4.0 auction grade and 82,000kms.

i dont see that one in the broker stock, and ive looked through it quite thurally, all of which isnt quite what im looking for, some are auto as well, gota watch for that.

Lonestar
07-02-2008, 03:52 PM
well... i thought everything was cool... talked to christian told him i would email him a car auction number, said he had plenty of time to get me the auction sheet translated... and now the auction is today and i really dont want to loose this car.

he helped me over the long weekend, and i appreciated that since he didnt have to help. but now i can not get ahold of him, or dominic, by email or phone.

any one know how to bid on a car using the uss auto auction??? i would like to use import concern but am willing to bid with out them if i am able.

this is the uss auto auction, logged in as buyer1

https://bzl.cis6200.jp/e/p5_search.asp