PDA

View Full Version : Senior Analyst\Associate Salary

PeterGTiR
06-27-2008, 06:19 PM
I found out that I'm being promoted to a senior analyst or some accounting firms call them senior associates. I asked my manager how much of an increase in salary I would get, and he just brushed the question off.

Anyone know of a website which shows the annual salaries for accounting firms within Calgary? and between lines of service. I work in corporate tax at a larger firm if that makes any difference.

black_2.5RS
06-29-2008, 01:21 AM
I would say low to mid-60's for a newly minted Senior at the firm.

jmc
06-29-2008, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by PeterGTiR
I found out that I'm being promoted to a senior analyst or some accounting firms call them senior associates. I asked my manager how much of an increase in salary I would get, and he just brushed the question off.

Anyone know of a website which shows the annual salaries for accounting firms within Calgary? and between lines of service. I work in corporate tax at a larger firm if that makes any difference.
You might want to check with your local Association.
But guessing from your manager's reaction, it sounds like the usual: whatever increase in pay you get, won't cover the extra responsibility, or things you'll have to do/put-up with...

PeterGTiR
06-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by black_2.5RS
I would say low to mid-60's for a newly minted Senior at the firm.

I was able to find a salary guide online:

http://www.workopolis.com/work.aspx?action=Transfer&View=Content/Common/ResourceCentre/RCSalaryGuideView&lang=EN

Sounds about right to me. I can't really complain. I just finished my degree two weeks ago. :)
I don't think it's too much extra responsibility either.