PDA

View Full Version : I Almost Died

Spoons
06-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Well or got my ass kicked hard.

I was left turning onto 14th street today. Right at the bottom of the hill to Jubilee (I had a stop sign). I thought it was all clear, but there was a truck that I did not see (it was hidden behind a van for a second going the other way). I pulled out and noticed I am cutting this guy off, so I quickly shot into the other lane.

I waved out my window and yelled sorry, but this guy throws something at me (no clue what it was, but it was hard, and it hurt) so I mean I lose my temper a bit a first thing I try and do is get infront of him so he isn't beside me throwing shit at me. I cut him off by doing this, but I mean it was road rage, I wanted to get the fuck out of there. I try and lose him and turn off onto a road by Jubilee. He roars infront of me and blocks off the road. He gets out of his car.

Alright pause. Now I am 155 pounds, scrawny as fuck, but 6'2". By no means am I a big guy. This guy was shorter, but ripped to fuck. I suspected he was on roids or something how much he was flipping out.

So he gets out of his car, starts yelling at me. Telling me to get out of the car, egging me on by calling me "Mr. Tough Guy." I just yelled back (trying to hold the shit back from my pants) that it was an accident, I said sorry, and I am not tough what so ever. I start backing up and he goes for a rock, but doesn't get time to get one off.

What has Calgary come to? Like are people that worked up over a minor incident that happens millions of times a day? I mean if someone cut me off, I would not risk assault charges, etc, etc. To get whatever satisfaction you could get out of that. I tempted to reach into the back of my car and grab my tools from work, but I just thought I am not stooping to this guys level and being a complete moron.

Whoever you are out there, calm the fuck down. Your girlfriend was in the car as well! You think she enjoys you flipping out at people and looking like an idiot? Your girlfriend should find someone a little better.

Whatever it matters, it was a Silver Truck, license plate EVO 680. I called 911 while backing up cause I thought he was going to keep following me, and they said it would take 3-5 hours for a cop to come to my house and file a report. If you ask me, I will not be going home for the next 3-5 hours, just incase.

If I woulda stepped out of that car, I woulda been knocked out cold. I am glad I kept my cool. Yes I know it probably wasn't smart cutting him off the second time or anything like that, but when some crazy fuck is following you, you panic.

Redlyne_mr2
06-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Honestly it would have been worth the shot to the face just to see the dude get charged with aggravated assault. Glad to hear youre ok.

SJW
06-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Don't worry dude you did the right thing.

Karma will get this guy in the end.

A guy like this tried to bear spray me once while I was on my bike. Fucking lunatic. Now keep in mind his wife and infant son/daughter were in his truck and he's trying to spray me across the truck toward his wife out the window. Then proceeds to jump out of his truck and chase me down. Like he can run after a sport bike. Psychos are psychos.....best just stay away and let nature take its course.

vengie
06-27-2008, 10:00 PM
and that my friend is called Roid rage....
and $100 says he was just trying to look tough for his GF...
guys like that feel they have something to prove, its quite humerous!

analbumcover
06-27-2008, 10:02 PM
a little dramatic on the thread title, but that effin sucks..... people are so fucked up in Calgary, im always worried about making a mistake and pissing the wrong person off while driving...

SJW
06-27-2008, 10:02 PM
She'll end up in a battered womans shelter....sadly.

sr20s14zenki
06-27-2008, 10:07 PM
thats why i have one of these in my trunk pretty much at all times, if i have to use it, i will. Too many road rage wierdos driving around lately.

http://www.toolstation.com/images/library/stock/webbig/78582.jpg

EK 2.0
06-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
thats why i have one of these in my trunk pretty much at all times, if i have to use it, i will. Too many road rage wierdos driving around lately.

O RLY??

Originally spoken by TORETTO
I saw Linder about a week later. I had the wrench in my hand... and I hit him! And I didn't mean to keep hitting him, but by the time I was done, I couldn't lift my arm. He's a janitor at an elementary school. He has to take the bus to work... and they banned me from the tracks for life.

rmk
06-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Crazy story.

Guys like that ususally have nothing going for them and therefore have nothing to lose by fighting.

dooman24
06-27-2008, 10:13 PM
^
a torque wrench? lol what are you gona do? torque his nuts?
HAHA jk..

sr20s14zenki
06-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

O RLY??

ROFL

it just happens to be with me because i do alot of work on ppls cars, so i just keep my kit, torque wrench, timing light, multimeter, etc with me, i dont just carry it for fun haha.

ercchry
06-27-2008, 10:29 PM

ROFL

it just happens to be with me because i do alot of work on ppls cars, so i just keep my kit, torque wrench, timing light, multimeter, etc with me, i dont just carry it for fun haha.

you told me you dont believe in torque wrenches haha :D

Primer_Drift
06-27-2008, 10:31 PM

LOL

OK ok.. calm down Vin
http://www.britfilms.tv/images/news/vin%20diesel%20f%20and%20f.jpg

ercchry
06-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift

LOL

OK ok.. calm down Vin
http://www.britfilms.tv/images/news/vin%20diesel%20f%20and%20f.jpg

little late with the joke... :rolleyes:

van
06-27-2008, 10:44 PM
I remember this one time I was just driving along just in the middle of an intersection when a car turns right infront of me, knowing that he didn't have enough time. So I have to slam on my brakes and try to keep it cool. The douchebag is going 10km under the limit, he cuts me off by turning when it wasn't safe to do so and because I wasn't 3 car lengths behind him, he stopped his car and again I had to slam on my brakes! He then gets out of his car and starts mouthing me off telling m to get out of my car. He is just going crazy so I start reversing to get around him and he keeps chasing me down on foot!! Some people are just straight up nutcases.

EK 2.0
06-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by defekt1

I remember this one time I was just driving along just in the middle of an intersection when a car turns right infront of me, knowing that he didn't have enough time. So I have to slam on my brakes and try to keep it cool. The douchebag is going 10km under the limit, he cuts me off by turning when it wasn't safe to do so and because I wasn't 3 car lengths behind him, he stopped his car and again I had to slam on my brakes! He then gets out of his car and starts mouthing me off telling m to get out of my car. He is just going crazy so I start reversing to get around him and he keeps chasing me down on foot!! Some people are just straight up nutcases.

Sorry, I was just having a bad day...No need to tell the world about what happened that day.

max_boost
06-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Holy shit you really pissed him off!!!

sr20s14zenki
06-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

you told me you dont believe in torque wrenches haha :D

i believe in torque wrenches where they are necissary, ie. main bearing caps, lugnuts, etc (=

Damn, i wish i was Vin, id be getting laid alot more than i do :rolleyes:

Revhard
06-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Wow, some crazy people.
Same sort of thing happened to a friend. He was driving like an ass, in a hurry, some guy tries to run him off the road, chases him down right by my house. Get's out, threatens my friend. Friend get's out of car, and cold cocks the freak. Didn't knock him out, but knocked him down, and he scurries off. The look on his face was priceless. He was not expecting it at all.
Life is way too short for that kind of crap. Move on.
It always scares me though because some jerk might have a gun...

zarge
06-27-2008, 11:45 PM
If you're being followed make a left turn onto a busy street.. wait for the gap and take it at the last second.. I was being followed by some crazy asian once and did that. Even go into an intersection and sit there until the light turns red.. then turn. Another idea.. drive to a police station lol.

SNAATCH
06-27-2008, 11:52 PM

i believe in torque wrenches where they are necissary, ie. main bearing caps, lugnuts, etc (=

Damn, i wish i was Vin, id be getting laid alot more than i do :rolleyes:
Didn't you know? Vin likes boys...

Dj_Stylz
06-27-2008, 11:52 PM
Crazy haha. Glad your alright though

Jlude
06-27-2008, 11:59 PM
I almost hit a deer tonight... but damn... your story beats mine, hands down.

You made the right move... it's not worth the hassle.

Destinova403
06-28-2008, 12:16 AM
that shit is fucked up man... welcome to living in a big city with all sorts of nut jobs from all over canada/usa/world moving here.

you did the right thing... i wonder what the cops would have said if you told them he was hitting your car with a rock and you were trapped inside and in danger... still take 3-5 hours?

mugen6
06-28-2008, 01:56 AM
everyone has a lil road rage in them. personally i'd see if the guy was actually gonna do something. glad your alright though tough guy. lol

Spoons
06-28-2008, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by zarge
If you're being followed make a left turn onto a busy street.. wait for the gap and take it at the last second.. I was being followed by some crazy asian once and did that. Even go into an intersection and sit there until the light turns red.. then turn. Another idea.. drive to a police station lol.

Yeah I was kind of scared so I just panicked and turned into the Jubilee (there was a red light and didn't want to stop beside him) but well it is that small street that runs in between Jubilee and the C-Train station. The street is dead.

One thing I don't understand is why get out of your car. I mean I could of easily just pulled back and hit him with my car, vehicular assault, but I could of.

I keep running it through my mind on how I could of handled it differently (like not such a pussy) but I keep thinking that really I am the bigger person, and not a pussy at all.

snowboard
06-28-2008, 02:14 AM
your not a pussy
fightings overrated

i honestly woulda spazzed though llol
what a dick, i dont know why people have to get so mad
they just need to chilll monnnn smoke a joint monnnnnn

Benny
06-28-2008, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by analbumcover
a little dramatic on the thread title, but that effin sucks..... people are so fucked up in Calgary, im always worried about making a mistake and pissing the wrong person off while driving...

It's not that bad, seriously.

HiSpec
06-28-2008, 02:48 AM
Jubilee? So near the big concert auditorium I assume?? I would've just stopped just after the rail road track, and let his truck sit in the middle of the track.

snowboard
06-28-2008, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Benny

It's not that bad, seriously.

what bumcover meant to say wwas "i am a pussy" haha

Xodus989
06-28-2008, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Revhard
Wow, some crazy people.
Same sort of thing happened to a friend. He was driving like an ass, in a hurry, some guy tries to run him off the road, chases him down right by my house. Get's out, threatens my friend. Friend get's out of car, and cold cocks the freak. Didn't knock him out, but knocked him down, and he scurries off. The look on his face was priceless. He was not expecting it at all.
Life is way too short for that kind of crap. Move on.
It always scares me though because some jerk might have a gun...

It's because of people like him that I carry a gun in my car. It says in the box under the passenger seat always. I'm also a licensed carrier so it's legal. Mind you, I would NEVER use it, unless the other guy starts chasing me and hits me with his vehicle. It may sound very far fetched of that happening. But it's happened to my older brother and he was lucky there a cop nearby.

If anyone ever decides to carry, if you get pulled over, the first thing you say is, I am a licensed carrier and there is an unloaded gun with ammunition under the seat.

The cops appreciate this alot more than them finding out about it another way. As long as you have it legally and you got the license. You're okay.

khtm
06-28-2008, 06:37 AM
Yeah, guns definitely help to solve problems. I bet you feel like a big man rolling down the streets with one. :rolleyes:

Like all the people who have them in their house in case a burglar breaks in, but more time than not they end up shooting themselves, their family members, or the burglar takes the gun from them.

old&slow
06-28-2008, 07:57 AM
Be in less of a hurry and do a complete stop...that way you don't pull out in front of people and get yourself into a bad spot...

OH-EIGHT
06-28-2008, 08:54 AM
run him over since he got out of his car?

ZorroAMG
06-28-2008, 09:10 AM
You should have shat yourself and flung it at him and his girlfriend.

Mr. Peepers FTW.

analbumcover
06-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
You should have shat yourself and flung it at him and his girlfriend.

Mr. Peepers FTW.

Zorro FTW

DonJuan
06-28-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Xodus989
*I have a gun to substutite for my small penis blah blah blah*

'08 n00b FTL :thumbsdow

MintRacer
06-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by DonJuan

'08 n00b FTL :thumbsdow

haha.. he's down in the states... I thought it was their legal right to carry arms? in texas you even get a free hand gun with purchase of new car/truck.

teg_boya
06-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by khtm
Yeah, guns definitely help to solve problems. I bet you feel like a big man rolling down the streets with one. :rolleyes:

Like all the people who have them in their house in case a burglar breaks in, but more time than not they end up shooting themselves, their family members, or the burglar takes the gun from them.

if you shoot your own family or lose your gun to the robber you are the biggest pussy/dumbass alive. guns put you on either an equal playing field or an elevated field from the person that is tryin to fuck you over, so how is that a bad thing?

DayGlow
06-28-2008, 11:28 AM

It's because of people like him that I carry a gun in my car. It says in the box under the passenger seat always. I'm also a licensed carrier so it's legal. Mind you, I would NEVER use it, unless the other guy starts chasing me and hits me with his vehicle. It may sound very far fetched of that happening. But it's happened to my older brother and he was lucky there a cop nearby.

If anyone ever decides to carry, if you get pulled over, the first thing you say is, I am a licensed carrier and there is an unloaded gun with ammunition under the seat.

The cops appreciate this alot more than them finding out about it another way. As long as you have it legally and you got the license. You're okay.

Better read up on the criminal code. It has to be trigger locked and then locked inside a gun box. Ammunition has to be stored locked somewhere else than in the container that has the restricted firearm.

So really, how pratical is it to have a firearm requiring 3 locks to be unlocked, then loaded in a time of need?

teg_boya
06-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by DayGlow

Better read up on the criminal code. It has to be trigger locked and then locked inside a gun box. Ammunition has to be stored locked somewhere else than in the container that has the restricted firearm.

So really, how pratical is it to have a firearm requiring 3 locks to be unlocked, then loaded in a time of need?

read and you will realize he is in the US.

Xodus989

DayGlow
06-28-2008, 11:32 AM
ah, that makes more sense then. I also forgot you need authorization to transport with a start and end desitnation before you move the firearm up here. :D

Spoons
06-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by old&slow
Be in less of a hurry and do a complete stop...that way you don't pull out in front of people and get yourself into a bad spot...

I did a complete stop, I was stopped there for awhile waiting for a opening. It was a honest mistake, I thought it was clear but it wasn't.

As for the person that said hit him with my car when he got out doesn't work. Even in an attempt of self defense (unless I mean you are really in grave danger) you can not use your vehicle as a weapon.

Technically couldn't I not try for assault charges anyways since he threw something if I wanted to go to far with this? I mean it wouldn't be worth my time, but could I?

Hakkola
06-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

Technically couldn't I not try for assault charges anyways since he threw something if I wanted to go to far with this? I mean it wouldn't be worth my time, but could I?

If you were driving and he hit you with something, then you could, without a doubt.

tabouli
06-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Only read the the first post .... OP needs to get out more :rolleyes:

teg_boya
06-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by tabouli

because he is scrawny and didnt wanna fuck around with a short roid monkey? :rolleyes:

Spoons
06-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by tabouli

Lol just sharing my story.

Didn't know running into roid monkeys were an everyday thing for you. Sorry it doesn't for me arnie.

Senseiz
06-28-2008, 02:09 PM

As for the person that said hit him with my car when he got out doesn't work. Even in an attempt of self defense (unless I mean you are really in grave danger) you can not use your vehicle as a weapon.

Originally posted by OH-EIGHT
run him over since he got out of his car?

Having a flash back to GTA.. lol

Yesterday, I was on 4th ave (S) crossing the bridge to Kensington. There is a red light there, it is green and on the second lane the column of vehicles werent moving. The first lane was empty so I speed my way down there. However, being cautious, I slowed down near the light - just to find 4 homeless wee-tards crossing the road, taking their time and shouting out slurrs at people. So I grind to a halt so I dont GTA them, then this one guy decides that I am not yielding to pedestrian and starts talking more. I kept my temper down so he can just finish crossing because if I start throwing a fist, he might stand in front of my vehicle a little longer.

Drivers have a bad temper in Calgary, so do the homeless people!??

WiltonKillz
06-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Buy a gun. Honestly. :dunno:

Spoons
06-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by WiltonKillz
Buy a gun. Honestly. :dunno:

No thanks, honestly a gun is a little over kill. It isn't like this was some dual axe wielding barbarian running at me at full speed where you would NEED a gun. It was just some guy who was off his rocker.

I have contemplated many times carrying around my air soft gun that looks like a glock (you literally can not tell the air soft one from the real one) but you could probably get charged all the same, and is not worth it.

It is a vicious circle, you carry a gun, what happens if he is carrying a gun? I can honestly say I would not have the balls ever to pull the trigger, but what happens if he does?

Primer_Drift
06-28-2008, 02:41 PM

It is a vicious circle, you carry a gun, what happens if he is carrying a gun? I can honestly say I would not have the balls ever to pull the trigger, but what happens if he does?

True, violence begets more violence.

Daan
06-28-2008, 02:46 PM
i want to hear his side of the story

Spoons
06-28-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Daan
i want to hear his side of the story

Lol whats there to hear? I told you I lost my temper while driving as well and cut him off the second time. Ask anyone on here who knows me... I am pretty sure a 12 year old girl could kick my ass, so the chances of this situation being the other way on me where I am yelling at the guy is slim.

It isn't like I had no road rage either, I mean I didn't handle the situation after he threw something at me too calmly, but I mean if you have something thrown at you, you'd spaz too. BUT I did not get out of my car threating to kill the guy. It is one thing to yell at other drivers while driving, it is another to throw shit and hunt a guy down.

None the less, the incident happened, shit hit the fan, it was shitty. I can see the people are starting to come out where they just start shitting on everyones parade, so I will just end it with that.

BTW I went to the police station today and filed a report on him. They said they are not sure what they can do because I don't have any witness' but it's better than nothing.

2fast4me
06-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Spoons, just curious....do you drive a ricer looking car? They carry a lot of hate for some people.

EK 2.0
06-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift

True, violence begets more violence.

"an eye for an eye, makes the whole world blind"...

Spoons
06-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by 2fast4me
Spoons, just curious....do you drive a ricer looking car? They carry a lot of hate for some people.

Yeah I do, it probably didn't help cause he seemed like your crazy lunatic behind the wheel of a raised truck, but he seemed just pissed about everything in the world.

rc2002
06-29-2008, 11:16 PM
This sucks but it's a good thing you weren't harmed. I think this type of thing is going to be more and more common. Apparently road rage complaints to the CPS have been going through the roof because of all this damn road construction.

GTS Jeff
06-30-2008, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by teg_boya

read and you will realize he is in the US.

Xodus989

Location: San Diego DayGlow just got so excited when he thought he had another chance to quote the criminal code, he just couldn't even pause for a moment to read...:rofl: :rofl:

DayGlow
06-30-2008, 05:09 AM
almost as excited as you to jump on my leg http://www.pilotspub.org/phpBB2/images/smiles/fappery.gif

Xodus989
06-30-2008, 11:57 PM

Like the others said, I'm in the US. Nobody would every know that I carry a gun, even my friends that ride with me don't know there's one there, they think it's just a money box.

Also like I said earlier, I would never use it, unless there was danger to me and I was unable to get away for some reason. But I'm sure 90% of the time if I ever had to pull the gun, just the sight of it would stop the person if it's typical pissed off fuck you road rage.

Kennyredline
07-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Did you say it was a guy in a TRUCK? lol

Kennyredline
07-02-2008, 12:18 PM

Yeah I was kind of scared so I just panicked and turned into the Jubilee (there was a red light and didn't want to stop beside him) but well it is that small street that runs in between Jubilee and the C-Train station. The street is dead.

One thing I don't understand is why get out of your car. I mean I could of easily just pulled back and hit him with my car, vehicular assault, but I could of.

I keep running it through my mind on how I could of handled it differently (like not such a pussy) but I keep thinking that really I am the bigger person, and not a pussy at all.
You can still charge the freakshow, with road rage, vandalism(for throwing whatever it was at your car), if he threatened you, charge him for that too!

Kennyredline
07-02-2008, 12:21 PM

Did you really just announce to the world that you carry a gun and ammo in your car??
Fucks sakes, I hope there are a TON of '91 Capri's driving around...

Xodus989
07-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Kennyredline

Did you really just announce to the world that you carry a gun and ammo in your car??
Fucks sakes, I hope there are a TON of '91 Capri's driving around...

I just got the Capri, and right now it's not running. And who cares if people know I carry a gun in my car on an online forum? Less of an incentive to try to fuck with me for any reason...

BlackFyre
07-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
This sucks but it's a good thing you weren't harmed. I think this type of thing is going to be more and more common. Apparently road rage complaints to the CPS have been going through the roof because of all this damn road construction.

I'll vouch for that, I've nearly been run down at least 10 times this week on 16th ave. People need to calm the fuck down and slow down. It's funny because all the actual nice cars (Aston Martins, Ferraris, Lambos, etc...) slow right down and barely coast through the construction zones for us, but the douche bags in their self-proclaimed race cars rip through like we've mapped out a run-way for their airplane spoilers to take flight.

tha_bandit
07-06-2008, 07:28 PM

^^word thats what i was thinking, and also dont they ask where u are going with the gun (usually tell u to take the most direct route to say for example shooting range)...

syeve
07-07-2008, 10:28 AM
^^I think he lives in San diego?

wrcftw
07-10-2008, 02:06 PM
This reminds me of a story my friends dad told me.....keep in mind it could be a little embelished but for what its worth its a +1 for the good guys...

So my friends dad (hereby known as X) is driving down argyll in edmonton and sees something that catches his eye.....a younger (28-35) year old male has a very aggressive body position while talking to what looks to be a 70-80 man on one of those side streets........ So he slows down to a crawl to check out whats happening and sure enough the young guy is going all road-rage on the old mans ass. X parks a few meters away and has a quick listen, in which he heres the young guy running his mouth with threats and the old guy basically terrified. So recognizing that if he calls the cops this old guy is going to have to get verbally/possibly physically abused for the next half hour he gets out to confront the guy. At this point the old man is literally shaking and has actually pissed himself out of fear. So X (who is a 47 year old man, with a few scraps under his belt from the good 'ol days) starts telling the guy to calm down or he's going to call the cops. Young asshat starting yelling at him and actually pushes him. Game on. Mr X can actually hold his weight pretty good. Takes one shot from the guy and then comes back with 2 to the body one to this chin and a nice face slam on the hood for good measure. Not sure if the guy was out but he was done for the day thats forsure. Old man thanked his lucky stars and called him his hero and after the asshat scurried away they phoned the cops together to tell them what happened.....needless to say, the cops were having a good time with the story.