PDA

View Full Version : racecity - august 29 - calling all slow cars

88CRX
08-28-2003, 09:13 PM
thats right.... there better be some more imports out tommorow night :D i dont wanna get stuck racing a bunch of stangs again.

so whos in?

Boost Infested
08-28-2003, 09:16 PM
wanna race me? i might be out...

ps: just another domestic here

88CRX
08-28-2003, 09:17 PM
243hp..... sure your going down :nut: :D

Boost Infested
08-28-2003, 09:18 PM
its only 243hp, i like the tq better... i am torquey kind of guy :D :burnout:

04blackMAX
08-28-2003, 09:20 PM
i may come in the maxima, never raced before

88CRX
08-28-2003, 09:21 PM
ya..... im not even in triple digits with torque :thumbsdow

but its still on... k :D

88CRX
08-28-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by 04blackMAX
i may come in the maxima, never raced before

:thumbsup:

boi-alien
08-28-2003, 09:24 PM
i might head down tomorrow

Hash_man
08-28-2003, 09:27 PM
Damnit. I am going to race before the season is over. And 88crx I will race you. My car is super slow.

The car will become mine on paper this weekend so coming to the track afterwards shouldnt be a problem.

ya..... im not even in triple digits with torque

I am :D 111ft lbs to be exact! ... but I think you would still be faster.

88CRX
08-28-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man
Damnit. I am going to race before the season is over. And 88crx I will race you. My car is super slow.

The car will become mine on paper this weekend so coming to the track afterwards shouldnt be a problem.

its tomorow night, u know that right?

Hash_man
08-28-2003, 09:30 PM
its tomorow night, u know that right?

I know that you are talking about tommorow. But there are still other SS days left are there not?! Could we not race another time. I have never been to SS and raced I cant wait..

88CRX
08-28-2003, 09:36 PM

I know that you are talking about tommorow. But there are still other SS days left are there not?! Could we not race another time. I have never been to SS and raced I cant wait..

:dunno: maybe one more time this year... but it gets expensive... you can make it tommorow night :D

Hash_man
08-28-2003, 09:43 PM
maybe one more time this year... but it gets expensive... you can make it tommorow night

No man I can't. The car is registered to my sister right now, and she won't give me approval to take it and race at SS, she's crazy!

And then my parents would have to know, and smart parents of mine are trying to tell me that I can never race at the track. I don't want to street race, I want to go to the track, yet they won't let me.

88CRX
08-28-2003, 09:47 PM

No man I can't. The car is registered to my sister right now, and she won't give me approval to take it and race at SS, she's crazy!

And then my parents would have to know, and smart parents of mine are trying to tell me that I can never race at the track. I don't want to street race, I want to go to the track, yet they won't let me.

thats cool.... ill be out again.

also, whoever there with a camera... wanna snap some pics of the pos red crx :D thanks

Ed the SOHC
08-28-2003, 10:02 PM
I'm itching to go but I can't this week... I so wanted to race my voyager... hahaha

Ekliptix
08-28-2003, 10:02 PM
Don't worry about not being fast.

I did high 16's in my teg and still had fun. I think it's more about improving your times through better launching, shifting, etc.

Team_Mclaren
08-28-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC
I'm itching to go but I can't this week... I so wanted to race my voyager... hahaha

SWEET!!! I'll take out the Caravan!!!:rofl:

Speed_Dreams
08-28-2003, 10:24 PM
They rent helmets at Race city right?

Sorry im a noobie....what exactly do they do to your car in tech?

anyone have a link for a tool like me??

Ekliptix
08-28-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC

Was it your head gasket at the end of last season, or something else?

I have some pics of your car if you want them for your members rides thread.

edit: yes they rent helmets, but you'll probably have to wait ~30 min.

Tech inspection checks for lose items, that you're battery is tied down, your tires have enough tread, seat belts work, etc.

www.racecity.com might tell you more.

Ed the SOHC
08-28-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix

Was it your head gasket at the end of last season, or something else?

edit: yes they rent helmets, but you'll probably have to wait ~30 min.

Tech inspection checks for lose items, that you're battery is tied down, your tires have enough tread, seat belts work, etc.

www.racecity.com might tell you more.

jury's still out on that. legendboy and ludelvr installed arp head studs and a new thermostat and it's been having no problems at 8psi... *knock on wood*

can you email me those pictures...please. [email protected]

88CRX
08-28-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix

mine?

also if you get there around 8 ish u can get a helmet and race right at 8:30... and yea... tech is just basic crap... nothing really unsafe, biggest problem i had was the lug nut covers :dunno:

Ekliptix
08-28-2003, 10:35 PM
sorry 88CRX, not you.

Ben
08-28-2003, 10:35 PM
Wanted to put one last night in this year but my diff is acting up, and I have about 10% clutch life left...

Word of ADVICE: To save money, DO NOT use wear parts from vehicles which have way less horsepower.

Fluidic
08-28-2003, 10:42 PM
Benny man... take her down the stretch one last time!! I can drive you home if you need me to! ;)

Peter

88CRX
08-28-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
Benny man... take her down the stretch one last time!! I can drive you home if you need me to! ;)

Peter

ha.

btw what the deal with the sound db level? when does it kick in and how loud is loud... cause i think i may end up getting my catless ass kicked out :dunno:

finboy
08-28-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Wanted to put one last night in this year but my diff is acting up, and I have about 10% clutch life left...

Word of ADVICE: To save money, DO NOT use wear parts from vehicles which have way less horsepower.

www.clutchnet.com

;)

90_Shelby
08-28-2003, 11:47 PM
I'll be down in a 13 second Lightning.........