PDA

View Full Version : ^&%$ing street racers

Thaco
06-28-2008, 11:55 PM
So i just got pulled over and got a ticket for tinted windows... Why? because i was coming home from racecity and was headed north on 52nd past a "known street racer hangout" and the cop thought i was involved in it... fucking loser ass street racers giving everybody who has a nice car a bad name.

/rant

Rocky
06-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Yeah "tint tickets" when you're just driving along not bothering anyone should be illegal. It's out of hand and it just ruins your day. I feel for you bro, having had the exact same BS happen to me.

kevie88
06-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Pull the illegal window tint off your side windows and you'll have no more illegal window tint tickets.

Roll legal so the police have no bullshit excuses to give you tickets, no matter where you are in the city.

Thaco
06-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
Pull the illegal window tint off your side windows and you'll have no more illegal window tint tickets.

Roll legal so the police have no bullshit excuses to give you tickets, no matter where you are in the city.

yeah but if people wouldn't street race, they wouldn't have a dozen cops down there scouting to pull people over for no good reason.

probably 70% of the people ont his forum have "illegal" tint, so you cant give me that crap and say I'm a bad person for doing it.

kevie88
06-29-2008, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Thaco

yeah but if people wouldn't street race, they wouldn't have a dozen cops down there scouting to pull people over for no good reason.

Revenue has to come in no matter what, the police will give you tint tickets regardless of street racing. If window tint is illegal, don't run it. Job done my man.

kevie88
06-29-2008, 12:03 AM

probably 70% of the people ont his forum have "illegal" tint, so you cant give me that crap and say I'm a bad person for doing it.

Please quote where I said you were a bad person..

70% of this forum can expect tint tickets. I pulled the tint from my side windows the day I bought my car. I don't want any heat.

Thaco
06-29-2008, 12:04 AM
weird thing is the ticket says section 65(1)(d) drive contrary to condition (tinted windows)... that part makes no sense to me, i understand the tineted windows part, but the driving contrary to condition, also he didn't put a plate number or vehicle type.... weird ticket

sr20s14zenki
06-29-2008, 12:12 AM
Yep, first thing i did when i got my car is take the tint off the front windows. I dont need to give them a reason. Tint is ILLEGAL on your front windows, period. BTW...notice what time of the month it is? time to finish quota, thats what.

kevie is right tho man, seriously, remove it, its not worth the hassle. My MOM got pulled over in her 87 pathfinder and given a tint ticket a few years ago, it can happen to anybody.

jdm_eg6
06-29-2008, 12:12 AM
i have had two friends go past the "racers' meeting area not even indulging in it and gotten pulled over and ticketed for all those small random things..

So im with Thaco on this one, but i have to say the cops are out of control...

85regal
06-29-2008, 12:20 AM
I've had the same tint on front windows on a car for over 10 years now...never pulled over for it...was for sure targeted because of the area.

AllGoNoShow
06-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Why don't you just avoid the place if you know it is happening and your going to get tickets?

bashir26
06-29-2008, 12:42 AM
how dark is illegal?

Projek01
06-29-2008, 12:47 AM
it is always illegal to have any level of tint if it is aftermarket on the front windows. that does suck to get pulled over for tint. i find that rolling down the windows when there is heat helps a lot if you do spot them.. i bought my car off a cop and it has ~20% tint lol.

nismodrifter
06-29-2008, 01:00 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/122551/vehicle-modifications-wondering-what-is-legal-and-what-is-not-your-answers-are-here/

Read. It's your fault. Suck it up. Boo hoo.

Thaco
06-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/122551/vehicle-modifications-wondering-what-is-legal-and-what-is-not-your-answers-are-here/

Read. It's your fault. Suck it up. Boo hoo.

i am quite aware that it's my failt, and i am guilty, i will pay the ticket and accept it, i am simply stating the fact that if the street racers weren't there, the cops wouldn't have been, and i'd have $115 in my pocket.

On the ticket it says 65(1)(d) that section does not even exist, it should be 69(1), so I'm sure i could easily have it thrown out, but it's not worth my time, it'd cost me more to take a day off work to fight it than it would to pay it.

code 65 is below, doesn't seem to be my situation:
65(1) A person shall not use a vehicle to transport goods unless

(a) the vehicle is constructed to carry the goods, and

(b) there is equipment on the vehicle or attached to the vehicle that is capable of securing the goods to ensure that the vehicle can be operated safely when loaded and without danger of

(i) turning over the vehicle, or

(ii) the load shifting, swaying, blowing off, falling off, leaking or otherwise escaping.

SJW
06-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Dude why don't you listen up......

You have tint on your front windows its only a matter of time before you get the exact same ticket. PERIOD. Street racers or not.

canuckcarguy
06-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Yep, it's illegal to have tint. But it's an easy ticket to write (it's not like the cop needs a witness or it's easy for the driver to claim their innocence, the window is either tinted or it isn't).

Cops lose credibility when they bother with this kind of crap. Instead of people respecting them as peace officers, they start looking at them as cash registers instead. It's a revenue generator, and it's bogus. $115 for window tint? That doesn't sound high for an offence that had absolutely no impact on anybody?

The irony is that with all these cops on the street generating revenue, there aren't enough to deal with the important issues. We've tried calling the cops about the flagrant drug trafficking just down the street from our house, and it's rare for them to even send a patrol car by. Mainly because they know that, even if they actually catch a real criminal and run him through the system, they're never going to see their $115.

I used to have lots of respect for cops and the system, but it gets harder... (and for the record, I don't even have window tint, but I can totally feel the OP's frustration.)

Thaco
06-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by SJW
Dude why don't you listen up......

You have tint on your front windows its only a matter of time before you get the exact same ticket. PERIOD. Street racers or not. dude, why dont you read?

i said i know it's illegal, i know i'm guilty, I'm just stating the fact that i;'ve had tint on my windows for 8 years and never been hassled, and if there were not streetracers in that area, there would not be cops pulling people over for not reason, and i would not have got the ticket.

kevie88
06-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by canuckcarguy
Yep, it's illegal to have tint. But it's an easy ticket to write (it's not like the cop needs a witness or it's easy for the driver to claim their innocence, the window is either tinted or it isn't).

Cops lose credibility when they bother with this kind of crap. Instead of people respecting them as peace officers, they start looking at them as cash registers instead. It's a revenue generator, and it's bogus. $115 for window tint? That doesn't sound high for an offence that had absolutely no impact on anybody?

The irony is that with all these cops on the street generating revenue, there aren't enough to deal with the important issues. We've tried calling the cops about the flagrant drug trafficking just down the street from our house, and it's rare for them to even send a patrol car by. Mainly because they know that, even if they actually catch a real criminal and run him through the system, they're never going to see their $115.

I used to have lots of respect for cops and the system, but it gets harder... (and for the record, I don't even have window tint, but I can totally feel the OP's frustration.)

Agreed 100%. I have a lot of friends on the police force and I don't envy them.. even they admit that they've become revenue generators for the government, and when they're not generating revenue they're babysitting drunk idiots.

to quote from Chief Wiggum:

"The police are powerless to help you, not punish you!"

Redlyne_mr2
06-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Considering the police are a service paid by tax dollars they have no right to be greedy whatsoever. The police chief should be ashamed of himself.

SJW
06-29-2008, 10:30 AM
And what I and others are telling you.............it was only a matter of time....street racers or not.

Thaco
06-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by SJW
And what I and others are telling you.............it was only a matter of time....street racers or not. well, if it weren't for the street racers, it would have been a longer time.

Ihatetowait
06-29-2008, 10:37 AM
well, if it weren't for the street racers, it would have been a longer time.

I hear you dude.

I got 400 dollars of BS tickets last night in the same area. What was the constables name and badge number?

I was on my way back from chinook and got pulled over for no reason. Tint, exhaust, ect.

He even pulled out his knife and ripped a peice off my window.

Personally, I'm filing a complaint against him and fighting it in court. He has no right to vandalize my property.

rc2002
06-29-2008, 10:38 AM
I agree that most tickets are revenue generators. Especially photo-radar, red light camera, and failure to provide proof of insurance.

But tinted windows isn't because it's potentially dangerous for police. When they approach the car that they pull over, they won't know what's going inside - whether the driver has a gun or is going to do something stupid.

Ihatetowait
06-29-2008, 10:41 AM
I had both my front windows down - he forced me to roll them up.

Thaco
06-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
I agree that most tickets are revenue generators. Especially photo-radar, red light camera, and failure to provide proof of insurance.

But tinted windows isn't because it's potentially dangerous for police. When they approach the car that they pull over, they won't know what's going inside - whether the driver has a gun or is going to do something stupid.

That is NOT why they ticket for tinted windows, they do it because with the film on the window, the window will not shatter and fall out if smashed in attempt to extract someone from a vehicle, it will just shatter like a windshield and stay in place... it's a safety concern for the occupants, not just a visibility concern for the cops, if that were so they'd ticket only dark tint, if it were only because of visibility concerns, it would not say "transparent" in there.

69(1) A person shall not install, replace or cover the window glazing in a windshield or in a left or right side window of a motor vehicle that is beside or forward of the driver with a transparent, translucent or opaque material.

Thaco
06-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Ihatetowait
I had both my front windows down - he forced me to roll them up. ditto, i rolle dit all the way down, he said :"put that window up a smidge"

misterrick
06-29-2008, 10:45 AM
weird thing is the ticket says section 65(1)(d) drive contrary to condition (tinted windows)... that part makes no sense to me, i understand the tineted windows part, but the driving contrary to condition, also he didn't put a plate number or vehicle type.... weird ticket

correct me if im wrong, but if the ticket isnt filled out properly, ie:wrong car wrong color, plate etc. isnt the ticket void? if so, then why are you complaining?

Ihatetowait
06-29-2008, 10:46 AM

That is NOT why they ticket for tinted windows, they do it because with the film on the window, the window will not shatter and fall out if smashed in attempt to extract someone from a vehicle, it will just shatter like a windshield and stay in place... it's a safety concern for the occupants, not just a visibility concern for the cops, if that were so they'd ticket only dark tint, if it were only because of visibility concerns, it would not say "transparent" in there.

69(1) A person shall not install, replace or cover the window glazing in a windshield or in a left or right side window of a motor vehicle that is beside or forward of the driver with a transparent, translucent or opaque material.

Wouldn't that be my choice, such as having airbags? ect?

Thaco
06-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by misterrick

correct me if im wrong, but if the ticket isnt filled out properly, ie:wrong car wrong color, plate etc. isnt the ticket void? if so, then why are you complaining?

because missing a day of work to go down on the court date would cost me more than just paying the damn ticket.

adidas
06-29-2008, 10:51 AM
You are lucky compared to my friend.

He was just crusin around one day, had his windows rolled down and all of a sudden he gets pulled over. Not knowing what hit him, the cop tells him to roll up his window and says "ah tint just like i thought" and gave him a ticket. This was in the middle of the day as well haha

Ihatetowait
06-29-2008, 10:53 AM
So i'm lucky for a BS left turn ticket, exhaust ticket, and tint ticket from the same dink?

HAha.

SR240SX
06-29-2008, 10:53 AM
So i just got pulled over and got a ticket for tinted windows... Why? because i was coming home from racecity and was headed north on 52nd past a "known street racer hangout" and the cop thought i was involved in it... fucking loser ass street racers giving everybody who has a nice car a bad name.

/rant

The street is FUCKED on weekends....You cant drive by it with a nice car or you get pulled over for doing nothing wrong..Of course if you're around there you're racing hey? Fucking cops....I know how you feel haha I got a shit load of tickets not long ago right by there.

Thaco
06-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by SR240SX

The street is FUCKED on weekends....You cant drive by it with a nice car or you get pulled over for doing nothing wrong..Of course if you're around there you're racing hey? Fucking cops....I know how you feel haha I got a shit load of tickets not long ago right by there.

yeah, we told them we were going home from racecity, they would eb able to figure out since i live in Dover that i was headed home based on where i was and my address, we even had a 5 year old in the back seat.... I suppose they could have been worse though, my wife had forgotten her purse (containing her DL) at the racetrack, and she was driving, so he could have given us a huge ass ticket for that too, i guess i can just be glad to pay the $115.

but again, back to the main topic, if it weren't for those damn street racers, we'd have never been pulled over in the first place.

misterrick
06-29-2008, 11:03 AM

because missing a day of work to go down on the court date would cost me more than just paying the damn ticket.

you shouldnt have to go to court if its not filled out. just put it in an envelope and said it to them with a note saying it wasnt you and it wasnt your car. not guilty. lol

240SX92
06-29-2008, 12:32 PM
I got pulled over for window tint ticket. Guy was a dick even when I apologized for it and told him the car was brought over from Ontario where window tint is legal. (Which it was), and that it had passed through OOP inspection without ringing any bells to me. He was still a dick about it and gave it to me anyways. This was near airdrie.

So I took it to court to get reduced because it's against my principles to pay 115 bucks for some assholes bad day, and they said they could reduce it to 75$. (This is me going to airdrie court and back twice, living in SW Calgary, a complete waste of time and gas). So then after I go to court and they reduce it I leave without them telling me I have to do anything, and they say I can pay it at any registry. So I got to a registry and they say do you have the stamped ticket or letter reducing it? Uhhh, no, no one even said one thing about either. "Unfortunately you have to wait till it's overdue, where a 20$ charge will now be on it so it comes to us"

So now, it's at 90$... still haven't paid it... Probably a bad idea but i'll pay when it's convenient for me as they've fucked my convenience far too many times. That's my rant about window tint, sucks you got classified for where you were driving.

ClearBluewater
06-29-2008, 03:10 PM
If you want illegal tint then pay the price once a while, no matter what they tell you is the reason the cop could just be having a bad day. If there was no street racers im sure there would be another reason. The bottom line is your breaking the law, its like driving without a seatbelt.

SJW
06-29-2008, 03:42 PM
^^^^^ Totally what I was trying to say earlier but he wont listen

Thaco
06-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by SJW
^^^^^ Totally what I was trying to say earlier but he wont listen
It's not that I wont listen to you, it's that I wont listen because I'm not arguing about the fact that i got the ticket, I'm not discussing the legality of the ticket, i am pissed off about the discrimination because the ONLY reason i was pulled over (and the cop made this blatantly clear) was because there was street racing in the area and my car "looks" like a car that may be involved in that. if there were no street racers, i would not have been profiled as one, and therefor not pulled over in this situation.

The cops were obviously setting up a sting, intended for the "street racers", as we were sitting there looking for our registration and insurance the cop's radio came in loud and clear "there's a tibron with a whaletale coming your way" to which he replied "I'm busy with that little black civic"

RATM
06-30-2008, 01:33 PM

It's not that I wont listen to you, it's that I wont listen because I'm not arguing about the fact that i got the ticket, I'm not discussing the legality of the ticket, i am pissed off about the discrimination because the ONLY reason i was pulled over (and the cop made this blatantly clear) was because there was street racing in the area and my car "looks" like a car that may be involved in that. if there were no street racers, i would not have been profiled as one, and therefor not pulled over in this situation.

The cops were obviously setting up a sting, intended for the "street racers", as we were sitting there looking for our registration and insurance the cop's radio came in loud and clear "there's a tibron with a whaletale coming your way" to which he replied "I'm busy with that little black civic"

holy shit thats exactly what happened to me
i was driving home near the races and I got pulled over and was given a tint ticket. i'm fighting it as well in court, my window got scratched as well. I was going 50 in a 50 zone. and the cop's radio was similiar, over the radio loud and clear i heard 'there's a Nissan coupe heading your way'
wtf, its retarded.

QuasarCav
06-30-2008, 01:55 PM

Your car does look like it came from the races though.

Kona9
06-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by 240SX92
I got pulled over for window tint ticket. Guy was a dick even when I apologized for it and told him the car was brought over from Ontario where window tint is legal. (Which it was), and that it had passed through OOP inspection without ringing any bells to me. He was still a dick about it and gave it to me anyways. This was near airdrie.

So I took it to court to get reduced because it's against my principles to pay 115 bucks for some assholes bad day, and they said they could reduce it to 75$. (This is me going to airdrie court and back twice, living in SW Calgary, a complete waste of time and gas). So then after I go to court and they reduce it I leave without them telling me I have to do anything, and they say I can pay it at any registry. So I got to a registry and they say do you have the stamped ticket or letter reducing it? Uhhh, no, no one even said one thing about either. "Unfortunately you have to wait till it's overdue, where a 20$ charge will now be on it so it comes to us"

So now, it's at 90$... still haven't paid it... Probably a bad idea but i'll pay when it's convenient for me as they've fucked my convenience far too many times. That's my rant about window tint, sucks you got classified for where you were driving.

IGNORANT!

But but but... this bag of weed came from India where it is allowed and grows wild legally.

What do you mean I can't have it here?

Jlude
06-30-2008, 02:09 PM

/rant

I got ticketed for being in the area too... The cop that night said my California registration was invalid... every cop to pull me over since then hasn't even mentioned it...

Hit Em Up
06-30-2008, 02:18 PM
f**k the damn tint policy :whipped:

gretz
06-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Your car does look like it came from the races though.

The races : to my understanding it is just a meet now, not too much racing. Seems like they are trying to make Sherrif by ticketing everyone for anything.
Too bad cops are all about targeting without consequence

Kona9
06-30-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by gretz

Too bad cops are all about targeting without consequence

No...it's too bad idiots have to ruin it for the innocent.

The street racers created the target.

gretz
06-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

No...it's too bad idiots have to ruin it for the innocent.

The street racers created the target.

True, but thats like arresting a brown guy because of what taliban has done in the past

gretz
06-30-2008, 02:30 PM
they are targeting 'a culture' because of what a few bad apples did in the past (ya, bad apples)

Kona9
06-30-2008, 02:48 PM

True, but thats like arresting a brown guy because of what taliban has done in the past

The Taliban is not in Calgary.

As for "the past" part of your comment....it will never change. Unless you can seperate the idiots and not give them licenses.

Ask any elder male that has a love for cars. There always has been idiots in cars, and there always will be. It's Thacos turn to vent about the era of idiots that caused his situation for him.

BlackFyre
06-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Ok, wait, let me get this straight, you're pissed off because there was a group of street racers in the area you were in, which made the cops suspicious, and therefore making them want to pull you over for the ILLEGAL WINDOW TINT that you had on your vehicle? Suck it the fuck up dude, they didn't pull you over for nothing, you broke the law, you pay for it, for every finger you point at someone, theres 3 pointing right back at you. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

1slow7
06-30-2008, 04:08 PM
" Streets closed pizza boy, find another way home.... "

:burnout:

crazedmodder
06-30-2008, 04:25 PM

Wouldn't that be my choice, such as having airbags? ect?

Airbags aren't a choice. If your car comes with one from the factory then it's illegal to remove it or disable it.

I think that's bullshit anyways man. He pulls you over because your car is suspicious, then instead of letting you go hey why don't you roll up your windows! What the hell is that? I'm sure they're not out there to catch racers, it's probably an easy spot to give people tickets for bullshit reasons and they lie about it to make it seem like they're doing something helpful.

Fuck cops, they really don't give a shit.

theken
06-30-2008, 04:28 PM
i had 5% tint on the front windows, had cops sit beside me at lights with them all the way up, never had a problem with them, perhaps its the attitude

Ihatetowait
06-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by theken
i had 5% tint on the front windows, had cops sit beside me at lights with them all the way up, never had a problem with them, perhaps its the attitude

I was nothing but polite to the officer.

Tik-Tok
06-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Do you even have to roll up your window if they ask?

1slow7
06-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Do you even have to roll up your window if they ask?
no, ofcourse not....

that's where most people get caught....

JDMMAN
06-30-2008, 10:07 PM
I feel for you buddy. I got a ticket b/c I pulled into the gas station across the street on 14th Street South (the Mohawk station has no legal access from the southbound lane).

Demerits and a fine :whipped: :bullshit: My gas light was on and needed to get some 94 octane in the car; like heck I was going to risk running out of fuel by circling around 2 blocks to get back to the gas station. Then I'd have to pay for a tow and obstruct traffic. This was at 8pm on a Thursday night for crying out loud!

InLoveWitRSX
06-30-2008, 10:57 PM
I just roll down my windows when I spot the po.

Xodus989
07-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by 1slow7

no, ofcourse not....

In the US they you have to, or they will give you ticket for obstructing an investigation. And if you say they don't work, they'll give you a ticket because they are in operable, therefore, to them, unsafe.

Kennyredline
07-01-2008, 03:47 PM
I was only gonna read this thread, and not post a reply until you stated that you have gone eight years with no hassle. I assume you spend a lot of time at Race City....?
You should consider yourself lucky you made it this far with a vehicle that doesn't meet legal specs.
Yes, street racing is irresponsible and stupid, and window-tinting is not as irresponsible, but illegal nonetheless!
It was just your time.

240SX92
07-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Kona9

IGNORANT!

But but but... this bag of weed came from India where it is allowed and grows wild legally.

What do you mean I can't have it here?

Is it also ignorant to grow up in Ontario where it's completely legal, come to this province and not be aware of the window tinting laws? Because you know, there are ad's on tv all the time, DRIVE WITH TINT IN ALBERTA AND YOU'RE BREAKING THE LAW. IT'S MANDATORY THAT YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN HAVE IT IN ONTARIO BUT NOT ALBERTA AND YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND THIS BECAUSE HUMANS BORN IN CANADA WERE BORN TO UNDERSTAND THE INDIVIDUAL (ALBEIT DIFFERENT!) LAWS OF EACH PROVINCE, SPECIFICALLY TINY LAWS SUCH AS WINDOW TINT!

colinxx235
07-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by 1slow7

no, ofcourse not....

you must not have read much of the tint post in legal section under "police vandalism"

you absolutely have to roll up the window if the police officer asks... but nice try

:rofl:

JordanEG6
07-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Why is the blame on the street racers? lol. Your car, you put it on and you're rolling around in it knowing it's illegal. Wrong place at the wrong time, but you would have gotten a ticket sooner or later. It IS illegal and wouldn't have happened if you kept that ricer tint off the car in the first place. I don't understand why people tint their rides anyways? let alone the front windows?

colinxx235
07-02-2008, 11:40 AM
^^
I like the way it looks, I hate when people try to stare me down, and as well my eyes are quite light sensitive :P

Stunt66
07-02-2008, 12:31 PM
This thread's retarded. OP gets a ticket for something illegal on his ride and he blames it on street racers, good one buddy.

Thaco
07-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Stunt66
This thread's retarded. OP gets a ticket for something illegal on his ride and he blames it on street racers, good one buddy.

don't forget the part where the stupid people post and don't read the thread and assume dumb ass bullshit, when the OP has come back and posted SEVERAL times that his annoyance is not with the ticket, as he understand the legality, but rather with the fact that he was profiled and discriminated against for the type of car he drives and the area in which he was driving.

Stunt66
07-02-2008, 03:04 PM

/rant

I aint the sharpest tool in the shed but from your paragraph im pretty sure your blaming street racers for your ticket. You might have changed your story along the way but i didnt really feel like reading everything.

And i'd also like to add i'm not stupid your stupid.:D

RATM
07-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Ontario Legal Tint FTW.

gretz
07-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Ontario = fail

Thaco
07-02-2008, 03:18 PM

I aint the sharpest tool in the shed but from your paragraph im pretty sure your blaming street racers for your ticket. You might have changed your story along the way but i didnt really feel like reading everything.

And i'd also like to add i'm not stupid your stupid.:D Can't read? Don't post

colinxx235
07-02-2008, 03:36 PM

And i'd also like to add i'm not stupid your stupid.:D

***you're stupid***

try using proper grammar/spelling when insulting someone...

RATM
07-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Ontario = fail

aren't you from there?

Stunt66
07-02-2008, 03:52 PM
it wasn't meant as a real insult i was just joking with him on that one, but thanks for the tip on the spelling.

i'd also like to add you're stupid too. j/k

colinxx235
07-02-2008, 03:59 PM
haha, I figured it wasn't overly serious. Just ironic things that are fun to point out. Same when someone has a FS supercharged M3 and calls it "very unique" :rofl: fat slap for that one...

bigbadboss101
07-02-2008, 11:33 PM
One time I got pulled over for having tail lights that were too bright on my 90 Integra.

Another time in my Prelude police did a race plate check and pulled me over. It just happened that I forgot to renew my registration.

That's pretty much it. It does seem like they like to pull over Honda/Acura drivers. I told that to the cop who pulled me over for my tail lights and he said 'Thats not true, my wife drives a Honda'. LOL

Jay911
07-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Another time in my Prelude police did a race plate check and pulled me over. It just happened that I forgot to renew my registration.

And there you were doing nothing wrong! Outrageous, I say! :eek: :eek: :eek: I mean, why should you be penalized for not maintaining the legal requirements of being able to use your car on public roads?

^SkylinE^
07-03-2008, 01:23 AM
Illegal tint is just that Illegal. Regaurdless of what was going on in the area, and the cause behind you getting pulled over tint is still illegal. Take the tint off, go down town to the JP and tell them you fixed your tint and ask for the ticket to be deleted! Or pay up and continue to have ilegal mods to your car?

Ukyo8
07-03-2008, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
I don't understand why people tint their rides anyways? let alone the front windows?

Looks good, gives you more privacy, keeps interior cooler during hot days.

Thaco
07-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Ukyo8

Looks good, gives you more privacy, keeps interior cooler during hot days. not to mention the fact that I've previously had cancer and have a long line of skin cancer in my family.

Thaco
07-03-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by ^SkylinE^
Illegal tint is just that Illegal. Regaurdless of what was going on in the area, and the cause behind you getting pulled over tint is still illegal. Take the tint off, go down town to the JP and tell them you fixed your tint and ask for the ticket to be deleted! Or pay up and continue to have ilegal mods to your car?

Ok, since you obviously cant read, i'll say it again, for probably the 15th time in this thread, I'm not debating the legality, or the ticket, i accept and know both of those things, i am simply annoyed at the profiling and discrimination that was the reason for me being pulled over.

QuasarCav
07-03-2008, 08:48 AM

Ok, since you obviously cant read, i'll say it again, for probably the 15th time in this thread, I'm not debating the legality, or the ticket, i accept and know both of those things, i am simply annoyed at the profiling and discrimination that was the reason for me being pulled over.

Same situation but driving your old Grand Am with tinted windows, would this happen?

rage2
07-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Thaco may suck off little boys, but he does have a good point. All my cars (minus convertibles) have front window tint. It keeps the car way the fuck cooler in the summers when you leave it outside for a few hours. Haysen got a speeding ticket in the Yaris with front tint, no tint ticket, just speeding. I get followed by cops all the time, my plates run, and they just leave. Cops do NOT care about front window tint.

If you frequent the illegal street race area, or if you're a gang members, they do pull you over and ticket you for anything just to fuck with you. It does suck, so I just keep away from all those areas.

Thaco
07-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Same situation but driving your old Grand Am with tinted windows, would this happen?

no it wouldn't, in fact it's interesting that you ask this, because i did drive my grand am home the previous night, and it does have tinted windows (actually darker than my civic) and i took the EXACT same route, at the same time (give or take an hour) and i saw probably 5-6 cruisers on my path home, i drove right past all of them, with all my windows up, never a single blip of the sirens.

Thaco
07-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Thaco may suck off little boys, but he does have a good point. All my cars (minus convertibles) have front window tint. It keeps the car way the fuck cooler in the summers when you leave it outside for a few hours. Haysen got a speeding ticket in the Yaris with front tint, no tint ticket, just speeding. I get followed by cops all the time, my plates run, and they just leave. Cops do NOT care about front window tint.

If you frequent the illegal street race area, or if you're a gang members, they do pull you over and ticket you for anything just to fuck with you. It does suck, so I just keep away from all those areas.

yep, i have had tint on my grand am for over 7 years, got pulled over a couple times, hit a checkstop like 15 times, they never even mentioned or considered the tinting, and i rarely roll my window all the way down.

Thaco
07-31-2008, 08:26 AM
Just wanted to post up and let everybody know that today was court date for the ticket, i called the traffic courts (4032972283) and they were able to verify for me that the officer had not submitted the ticket, they said it's most likely because he realized the error and threw it out (he put section 65(1)(d) which does not exist and 65 is having an improperly secured load that may cause the vehicle to overturn, tint is section 69(1))

I'm still bitter that i was profiled, but $115 less bitter.

Rstar
07-31-2008, 09:04 AM
Glad to hear it.

When I bought my car it had front tint and the seller said he hadn't had an issue with it for 3+ years. I got pulled over for it within 1 week at 7am on a tuesday while wearing a suit. The cop must have been pretty bored that morning.

alloroc
07-31-2008, 09:12 AM
Just wanted to post up and let everybody know that today was court date for the ticket, i called the traffic courts (4032972283) and they were able to verify for me that the officer had not submitted the ticket, they said it's most likely because he realized the error and threw it out (he put section 65(1)(d) which does not exist and 65 is having an improperly secured load that may cause the vehicle to overturn, tint is section 69(1))

I'm still bitter that i was profiled, but $115 less bitter.

LOL he probably realized it because he reads these boards. Chances are you saved him a shitload of embarrassment and saved the courts hours of time.

RATM
08-02-2008, 11:02 AM
I went to court on a tint ticket last week.
The officer at court said he'll forget the ticket (cause the officer scratched my window) and trial date, if i paid another ticket for improper lights, which was $57 dollars. I never paid for my tint ticket.

lophilip
08-12-2008, 04:12 PM

I hear you dude.

I got 400 dollars of BS tickets last night in the same area. What was the constables name and badge number?

I was on my way back from chinook and got pulled over for no reason. Tint, exhaust, ect.

He even pulled out his knife and ripped a peice off my window.

Personally, I'm filing a complaint against him and fighting it in court. He has no right to vandalize my property.

Exhaust? What kind of ticket is that? I'm just curious, because I might fall under the exhaust thing.

Toms-SC
08-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by lophilip

Exhaust? What kind of ticket is that? I'm just curious, because I might fall under the exhaust thing.

Your shitty fart cannon is illegal.

Dritto
08-12-2008, 06:24 PM
is this something that could happen to me

Toms-SC
08-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Dritto

Yes. They are real, and they are dangerous. The mobile JDM crusher has been spotted around that area.

The Cosworth
08-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Dritto

are you trolling or what is going on?

Grogador
08-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Threadjack... I had a rental and was amazed at how cool it stayed when parked in the sun. Turns out the windows were tinted/smoked/something (but still CLEAR), said "70% transitivity minimum". It made a huge difference, WTF is it and does it have to be factory?

LBG
08-13-2008, 01:19 AM
wow my supra dun even have tinted windows
and got pulled over by 3 cops by that 52nd place on last saturday
and sayin i was street racing? but they only gave me a ticket for loud exhaust and it was only like 9 45ish? so bs!:bullshit:

g-m
08-13-2008, 10:27 AM
ok what area is this so that I can avoid it?
52nd and 114th?

Thaco
08-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by g-m
ok what area is this so that I can avoid it?
52nd and 114th? no, it's the foothills industrial area, at night, basically 52nd street SE from piegan to glenmore, and Barlow same range, piegan to glenmore, and anything in between

ZorroAMG
08-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by LBG
wow my supra dun even have tinted windows
and got pulled over by 3 cops by that 52nd place on last saturday
and sayin i was street racing? but they only gave me a ticket for loud exhaust and it was only like 9 45ish? so bs!:bullshit:

http://www.slephoto.com/smilies/haha_simpsons.jpg

g-m
08-13-2008, 10:52 AM
no, it's the foothills industrial area, at night, basically 52nd street SE from piegan to glenmore, and Barlow same range, piegan to glenmore, and anything in between ahhh thanks! I don't think I'll ever find myself there at night due to living by COP, but it sounds like finding yourself around there in a nice car is enough for a ticket so I'll stay away!

arian_ma
08-13-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm going to drive my stock S2K around there doing random (yet legal) lane changes for no reason and see if I get pulled over. I wonder what they would say to me.
"Your car has no roof, that's not safe"