PDA

View Full Version : Some input on assault...

colinxx235
06-29-2008, 05:42 PM
My buddy does not have a beyond account so in addition to my car part being jacked another stupid story occurred last night.

After a party in pump hill my buddy was leaving and a jealous boyfriend of this girl ended up coming at him while he was inside his vehicle with a small scooter. Took off his mirror, a tail light and did some good damage to the side during these swings. He had to work so he has yet to file a report with police (as you have to be at place of residence to do so).

I was hoping to recieve some advice on what will happen in this situation as there was a few witnesses. When does he need to contact the insurance company? What will happen in terms of the other guys punishment / what legal issues are we dealing with?

Any input would be appreciated.

finboy
06-29-2008, 05:51 PM
step 1: go to the police
step 2: ???
step 3: profit

Sharpie
06-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Fuck all will happen to that guy... why didn't he call the cops right then and there?

Supa Dexta
06-30-2008, 09:26 AM
Scooter fight?! damn that must have been intense.. rough bunch.. It reminds me of that episode of the simpsons where they have the motorcycle fight, where you can pick up your ride and use it as a weapon..

Toms-SC
06-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Call the police, file report, file charges

JRSC00LUDE
06-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Call the police, file report, file charges

:werd: What newb-sauce said.

dimi
06-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie
Fuck all will happen to that guy... why didn't he call the cops right then and there?

:werd:

TheOneAndOnly
06-30-2008, 12:27 PM
lol this is retarted...easy answer call the police?

Kona9
06-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Stop hanging around losers!

Tomaz
06-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
Stop hanging around losers!

It's good for your own well-being!

drtoohotty1
06-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Scooter fight?! damn that must have been intense.. rough bunch.. It reminds me of that episode of the simpsons where they have the motorcycle fight, where you can pick up your ride and use it as a weapon..

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jlude
06-30-2008, 01:00 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: sorry but wtf? buddy should clotheslined the kid ridin' the scooter.

Toms-SC
06-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

:werd: What newb-sauce said.

Gloves are off

colinxx235
07-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

As dumb as it sounds the damage was actually quite substantial... the drunk idiot smoke off his mirror with that first swing smoked in the hook, panel below it, destroyed about 6 inches of area along the window, and somehow bounced it on the door panel. My buddy then was forced to turn around cause it was a dead end street in which the guy threw half the scooter (it broke on impact from the swing) and knocked out his tailights, it bounched and hit his trunk + back panel... the damage is going to be a little over 5 grand.

The problem with the whole situation is that the kid is freshly 18 and technically lives in north carolina, and is up visiting his "gf" or ex... she dumped him after the incident, so we think by the time the charges go through for him to pay damage he could already be gone into the US... and in which case my buddy will probably be screwed over paying damages through insurance and having an increase in premiums. :S

88jbody
07-01-2008, 02:40 PM
find him, and take it out of his hide the old fashioned way.

still costs the price of fixing the car but he will feel better about it

Sharpie
07-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235

As dumb as it sounds the damage was actually quite substantial... the drunk idiot smoke off his mirror with that first swing smoked in the hook, panel below it, destroyed about 6 inches of area along the window, and somehow bounced it on the door panel. My buddy then was forced to turn around cause it was a dead end street in which the guy threw half the scooter (it broke on impact from the swing) and knocked out his tailights, it bounched and hit his trunk + back panel... the damage is going to be a little over 5 grand.

The problem with the whole situation is that the kid is freshly 18 and technically lives in north carolina, and is up visiting his "gf" or ex... she dumped him after the incident, so we think by the time the charges go through for him to pay damage he could already be gone into the US... and in which case my buddy will probably be screwed over paying damages through insurance and having an increase in premiums. :S
Okay your story is bullshit, why the fuck wouldn't anyone call the cops? He could of just parked his car let the guy rage for a few min until the cops showed up.. Your buddy/friends are idiots and now fuck all will happen to this guy.

Supa Dexta
07-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Cause its just a bunch of kids that got drunk and were driving. Thats why the cops weren't called.

Graham_A_M
07-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

Gloves are off

Dont take offence to JRSC00LUDE, that cat was registered on beyond in 1987, everybody is a n00b to that guy:rofl:

colinxx235
07-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

Okay your story is bullshit, why the fuck wouldn't anyone call the cops? He could of just parked his car let the guy rage for a few min until the cops showed up.. Your buddy/friends are idiots and now fuck all will happen to this guy.

not bullshit, but the reason he didn't call the cops at 330am should be a little obvious after a party... :S

Melinda
07-01-2008, 06:12 PM

not bullshit, but the reason he didn't call the cops at 330am should be a little obvious after a party... :S
Only reason I can think of was that he was drinking and driving. If that's the case, your buddy getting his car shit kicked by a scooter is called karma. No real sympathy there.

Supa Dexta
07-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Exactly, an 18yr old from the states, thrown into another city where he's allowed to drink.. hrmmm.. hard to see thru that story. :rolleyes:

colinxx235
07-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

Only reason I can think of was that he was drinking and driving. If that's the case, your buddy getting his car shit kicked by a scooter is called karma. No real sympathy there.

he was not intoxicated but thank you for the gracious courtesy, karma my ass, someone who drinks and drives deserves to be assaulted with a weapon... are you fucking kidding me, that is probably one of the most ridiculous things I have read on the forums.

I already stated he knew the girl, personal conflicts and he was extremely panicked, how would you feel if someone charged you in your vehicle and beat the shit out of it... he's 21 and never experienced anythin like this... but if all people have to do is rip shit about irrelevant information then go choke on a dick and leave it else where.

I was asking for serious situaitons/input from possible officers/insurance or someone who has unfortunately had a bad past experience...

BrknFngrs
07-01-2008, 06:41 PM
he was not intoxicated but thank you for the gracious courtesy, karma my ass, someone who drinks and drives deserves to be assaulted with a weapon... are you fucking kidding me, that is probably one of the most ridiculous things I have read on the forums.

I think calling the scooter a weapon is a stretch, but if I was in your position I wouldn't want to tell a story about a scooter fight either.

colinxx235
07-01-2008, 06:44 PM
^^

a metal scooter weighs what.. 15 pounds and is made of steel, damages were accessed at around 4500-5000$ but hey, if you live near mckenzie or something i'm sure a physical demonstration of what it could do to a person/car (preferably yours) could be arranged to display this point?? not saying it was a gun something, but a scooter is capable of the same damage that a bat can inflict

calgarydub
07-01-2008, 07:01 PM
I was asking for serious situaitons/input from possible officers/insurance or someone who has unfortunately had a bad past experience...

Not on Beyond.ca

Melinda
07-01-2008, 07:26 PM

Most ridiculous? Are you fucking kidding me? Yeah, someone who drinks and drives absolutely DOES deserve to be assaulted with a weapon, they're knowingly playing russian roulette with the life of every other driver/passenger/pedestrian on the road. There aren't many other reasons that someone shouldn't call the cops while being assaulted at 3:30 after a party other than being drunk behind the wheel so what else do you want us to assume you meant?

I already stated he knew the girl, personal conflicts and he was extremely panicked, how would you feel if someone charged you in your vehicle and beat the shit out of it... he's 21 and never experienced anythin like this... but if all people have to do is rip shit about irrelevant information then go choke on a dick and leave it else where.
Sorry dude, maybe it's because I'm a girl, but if ANYONE comes at you with the intention to seriously harm you or your property, it's an automatic call to 911. Even if you need to drive a few blocks out of the way and then do it, YOU STILL CALL THE COPS TO REPORT THEM. It's definately not rocket science. Scooter boy obviously wasn't going far after throwing his 'ride' around everywhere, it probably wasn't too keen on starting after that.