PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Accident Lawsuit??

Ferio_vti
06-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Has anyone here ever gone after someone for causing bodily injuries??

I don't want to get into details here, but I just had accident on Saturday afternoon. Other party is at fault, no question. Not a huge deal, nothing broken, lots of bruising and some scraps/sprains. Can't walk at the moment. Already went to a doctor for some prescription meds for the pain.

I take public transit to work, which requires a couple bus/train transfers and some walking (including up and down steps) to get there. I'm a contractor so I don't have sick pay.

And like most people on here, I LOVE my ride. And now she's pretty effed up. Insurance will fix her up (I hope...), she won't be the same tho. Have little to no appetite. Just laying around watch TV the last day. All this right at the beginning of Summer and the Stampede. So all that makes me feel uber depressed right now.

WTF should I do??

TomcoPDR
06-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
Has anyone here ever gone after someone for causing bodily injuries??

I don't want to get into details here, but I just had accident on Saturday afternoon. Other party is at fault, no question. Not a huge deal, nothing broken, lots of bruising and some scraps/sprains. Can't walk at the moment. Already went to a doctor for some prescription meds for the pain.

I take public transit to work, which requires a couple bus/train transfers and some walking (including up and down steps) to get there. I'm a contractor so I don't have sick pay.

And like most people on here, I LOVE my ride. And now she's pretty effed up. Insurance will fix her up (I hope...), she won't be the same tho. Have little to no appetite. Just laying around watch TV the last day. All this right at the beginning of Summer and the Stampede. So all that makes me feel uber depressed right now.

WTF should I do??

Call an injury lawyer

shakalaka
06-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Check your PM.

Ferio_vti
06-29-2008, 10:23 PM
thanks for the PM.

I guess an injury lawyer is pretty obvious.
In anyone experience, is it worth the trouble to sue someone for something like this?? Do we all have the right to/should go after someone for financial compensation?? Or am I just getting to ethics/politics/morals??

scboss
06-29-2008, 10:39 PM
if your life is effected you should be compensated. I know there are ones that only take a portion once they win just check the yellow pages.

project240
06-29-2008, 11:19 PM
I was in an accident in 03, hurt my back pretty badly, couldn`t work for a couple months. 5 years later I got a cheque, it barely covered my lost wages during the time I couldn`t work.

Eleanor
06-30-2008, 07:57 AM
Bernard Shapiro got me $7.5 Billion Dollars.