PDA

View Full Version : Where Do You Service Your Vehicles

Weapon_R
08-29-2003, 08:43 AM
I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good, honest mechanical shop that I can take my vehicle to. This is the first time i've needed repair so i'm not sure where I should go.

Fluidic
08-29-2003, 09:59 AM
For warranty issue's... I goto SouthCentre Fine Cars. For modifications, I goto Concept-1. For overall maintenance, I let either Pete or Marc at Alpine Auto Werks take care of the white beast! :D

Peter

Fluidic
08-29-2003, 10:01 AM
:D

Weapon_R
08-29-2003, 12:54 PM
bump - i've already pm'd Marc hoping to make an appointment with him, but in case he's busy, i'd like some other suggestions. The dealer is always the easiest alternative, but sometimes even they aren't fully honest.

Any other suggestions in case Marc is too busy right now?

calarina
08-29-2003, 01:01 PM
Not Calgary Honda service, that's for sure! :rofl:

tegdream
08-29-2003, 01:23 PM
stealership! :thumbsup:

Hash_man
08-29-2003, 03:57 PM
Not Calgary Honda service, that's for sure!

That's for sure. Took my car to them, to check out a coolant problem, and to do an oil change, and my car was so damn dirty when it came back. I will never return.

But other than that. The car usually goes to the guys from RPM, and has for a while.

4wheeldrift
08-29-2003, 04:44 PM
I'd recommend either the Certigard on macleod at 75th ave or the one in douglasdale. I've worked with the service managers and mechanics at both (the work that I can't do myself to the mustang gets done at 75th and Macleod), and they're good guys, knowledgable and honest. The only downside is a parts and labour markup that isn't all that much cheaper than taking it to the dealership.

Ben
08-29-2003, 04:58 PM
5th Ave VW

girlRACER
08-29-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
For overall maintenance, I let either Pete or Marc at Alpine Auto Werks take care of the white beast! :D

Peter

Speaking of which...I'm due for a 45,000km service and don't want to take it to Lonestar. Do you know how much he charges for an oil change service?

Hollywood
08-29-2003, 05:26 PM
Speedville has a master technician Al, certified in canada and US. Good prices. He specializes in mercedes, bmw, nissan, infinity. But he knows everything from VW doobie vans to ford thunderbirds, jaguars to vtec honda's! Very knowlageable.

3G
08-29-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER

Speaking of which...I'm due for a 45,000km service and don't want to take it to Lonestar. Do you know how much he charges for an oil change service?

why dont you change it?? it's not THAT hard:dunno:

rice_eater
08-29-2003, 10:32 PM
i service it in my garage or driveway:D

nismodrifter
08-30-2003, 01:32 AM
garage or driveway as well :D

5gluder
08-30-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by calarina
Not Calgary Honda service, that's for sure! :rofl:

Why? that's where i go:confused:

James
08-30-2003, 03:39 AM
5th ave VW now :)......before the jetta, over the last 4 years, i had taken my previous 4 cars to well over a dozen places for sevice....most of them crooks.

Weapon_R
08-30-2003, 07:31 AM
Well the bogging out turned out to be a really tiny problem that gave me a lot of headaches. After work (4am) I went to my mechanic's garage and we pulled a long 3 hours, changing every wire i'd soldered into, anything that i'd done previously, we re-did. We even removed the exhaust and cleaned it out because I thought that something was plugging it. It turned out that there was a broken or frayed wire leading to one or more injectors, after we replaced them and did the rest of the work the car started up and ran very well and drove perfectly.

3G
08-30-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Well the bogging out turned out to be a really tiny problem that gave me a lot of headaches. After work (4am) I went to my mechanic's garage and we pulled a long 3 hours, changing every wire i'd soldered into, anything that i'd done previously, we re-did. We even removed the exhaust and cleaned it out because I thought that something was plugging it. It turned out that there was a broken or frayed wire leading to one or more injectors, after we replaced them and did the rest of the work the car started up and ran very well and drove perfectly.

That's good man

don't ever go to Trio Motors (by 5th Ave Auto Haus) those mofo's are the biggest crooks..they told us it'll be $50 to fix the car and it'll be out by 3pm..so we go @ 3pm and they didn't even start on it, so we waited till like 4 and when it was done they were like "its $129.99..so we just left them with the valet key, got in the car and drove off