PDA

View Full Version : cell phone/pc experts little help please

Redlyne_mr2
08-07-2002, 12:17 PM
heres my phone
http://www.telusmobility.com/images/pcs/sanyo_5000_handset_lg.gif
I am tryign to download pics and sounds. I have the phone on the pcd download mode and the connection cable is connected to a port on my computer...from what I ocudl see at the back of the computer I had 2 ports to choose from...I tried both of them but whener I try to upload info on to my phone I get an error.can anybody shed any light on this..I know its kidn of vague but any help woudl be appreciated/thanks

bol
08-07-2002, 12:21 PM
I assume the connection is USB based on your description. It doesn't matter which one you plug it into.

Redlyne_mr2
08-07-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by bol
I assume the connection is USB based on your description. It doesn't matter which one you plug it into.
it gives me a choice of ports to use...shoudl I stick with 1 or try some others

Eagle Eye
08-07-2002, 12:37 PM
If it's a USB, it should work in any of the ports that you plug it into (Given that the plug-in fits into the port). What kind of error is it giving you, and when?

That's a nice phone though. What kind is it? How much?

speedracer
08-07-2002, 12:59 PM
I recall it uses a serial connection for the upload / download manager.

If you have a serial mouse:
Select a differnt port other than Com1

If not try com 1

If the connection fails - reboot the computer with the data cable pluged in and try again.

Redlyne_mr2
08-07-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Eagle Eye
If it's a USB, it should work in any of the ports that you plug it into (Given that the plug-in fits into the port). What kind of error is it giving you, and when?

That's a nice phone though. What kind is it? How much?
the phone is a sanyo cp-5000..it was $350..has some really great features..color screen allows for some interesting wallpapers...btw I figured out all my problems..i reloaded everything and it works now...thanks guys

eightfive
08-08-2002, 03:36 AM
i have the same phone...pm me