PDA

View Full Version : Lamp Oil = Apple Juice Deaths

creeper
07-01-2008, 08:14 PM
I was just watching a story on the CW11 (New York) news. The story said that a person had died after drinking lamp oil, which that mistakenly believed to be apple juice. The story said that 5 other people had died because of this reason.

You didn't notice that it was not delicious crisp apple juice, but instead a toxic oil sludge that you were drinking?

It's all just too fucked up.

I will try and post the video when they upload it to their site.

Melinda
07-01-2008, 10:47 PM
What were the ages of those who died? My mom had to have her stomach pumped as a kid because her grandmother left a cup of bleach on the counter. Her mom usually left a cup of apple juice out for her so she naturally grabbed it and drank it. Could have been the same kind of situation if it was a bunch of kids. If it was adults, they should have realized that it wasn't juice. Maybe they taste similar though :dunno: Haha I dunno, can't say I've ever drank lamp oil.

Eleanor
07-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
What were the ages of those who died?

That's the golden question, if it's a kid I can understand, if it's an adult, darwin award nominee (unless of course lamp oil tastes like apple juice, but I doubt it.)

Mckenzie
07-02-2008, 02:28 PM
True Story-

When I was in Prague, I soaked a piece of bread in kerosene thinking it was oil and vinaeger. Then after a couple of really tasteless bites, I looked over at the table beside me and observed that their oil and vinager bottle had a wick running up it and had a little flame on the top. :nut: I then realized ours was just not lit and my excessive hang-over brain was unable to process the little string in the bottle as a wick....no wonder it came out funny!

:rofl:

I ended up being ok with some stomach pains at night, but was pretty panicked after running around phoning people back in Canada to figure out how fast I would be dead. :dunno:

Tomaz
07-02-2008, 03:14 PM
tastless? Man, i used to syphon gas out of cars in parking lots (nasty shit), i couldn't imagine something like keosene being tastless!

TaiChino
07-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz
tastless? Man, i used to syphon gas out of cars in parking lots (nasty shit), i couldn't imagine something like keosene being tastless!

I really hope you're joking....

Kerosene tastes nothing like gasoline.

On a serious note, I really hope you're joking.

Tomaz
07-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by TaiChino

I really hope you're joking....

Kerosene tastes nothing like gasoline.

On a serious note, I really hope you're joking.

How the hell should i know? I don't drink kerosene on a regular basis. It wasn't really a "hip" drink when i was hitting up bars... :rolleyes: Both are flammable, same "fuel family"? I just figured you could have tasted such a thing.

TaiChino
07-02-2008, 03:57 PM
The first part was a joke, the second part was an attempt to ask if you were serious about syphoning gas. I bet when you did it, it wasn't even higher than $1.00 per litre.

Tomaz
07-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Nope, but i was also making $5.50/hour on weekends, and in school full time. I did what i could.

Plus, if you took a half litre from 40 cars, nobody would know and you got to drive the car for the weekend.

At that time, me and my friends were so poor, we used to dig up change from reclining chairs to scrounge up $5 to throw into the tank.

At least i never have done a "gas and go":rolleyes:

PS: yes i know this isn't much better. than a "gas and go"

TaiChino
07-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Plus, if you took a half litre from 40 cars, nobody would know and you got to drive the car for the weekend.

So by that rationale, if I took $1.00 from everyones bank account in the city it would be ok? You are trying to justify theft and straight up hooliganism by quantity. Doesn't work like that. I'm sure we have all worked the minimum wage Mcjob at one point in our lives, but my job orientation did not provide a shirt, hat/visor, nametag, hose and a jerrycan. It's called a bus.

Supa Dexta
07-02-2008, 04:15 PM
blah blah

I continue to not like you and your idiot remarks around here. ^

half a litre from 40 cars.. suuuuure you did.. With your math it was likely more like 40l from one car... same difference.

And yes kerosene has a nasty smell to it. Gas/diesel/ paint thinner type smell from what I remember

TaiChino
07-02-2008, 04:22 PM
What happened to the blah blah post?

Mckenzie
07-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Well it was not necessesarily what I was expecting (oil and vinaeger > lamp fuel) so I considered it pretty bland. I think it was obvious after the first bite but I was in a different part of the world so I figured I should take a few more to experience a new type of oil for the bread (gotta learn the culture). :rofl:

Tomaz
07-02-2008, 04:30 PM
What happened to the blah blah post?

Straight up... I am lost to where that came from.

To continue on about my stupid and idiotic posts, I am not justifying a damn thing. If you told me you havent done one dumb thing in your life, then i am truly impressed with your diligence and collectivness.

Can anyone cut a guy some slack? Jesus, this was over 6 years ago! lol

Tomaz
07-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
Well it was not necessesarily what I was expecting (oil and vinaeger > lamp fuel) so I considered it pretty bland. I think it was obvious after the first bite but I was in a different part of the world so I figured I should take a few more to experience a new type of oil for the bread (gotta learn the culture). :rofl:

Not going to lie, if i was a witness to that, i would have laughed my ass off!

Mckenzie
07-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah my GF howled (before freaking I was gonna die) and so did everyone who heard the story- I never hear the end of it lol. I'll find a picture that captured the glory of this moment.

Supa Dexta
07-02-2008, 05:25 PM
I ripped my panties

Thats what happened :D Rather then read the junk again, I cut it out, saving people having to look at it again. The internet; amazing things going down 'round here.. As for your comments tomaz, cut back on the stupid stuff, no one cares about your former life and ALL of the stupid stuff you did, and stuff the cops did to you.

ricosuave
07-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Nope, but i was also making $5.50/hour on weekends, and in school full time. I did what i could.

At that time, me and my friends were so poor, we used to smash windows in cars to get the change from the ashtray to scrounge up $5 to throw into the tank.

At least i never have done a "gas and go":rolleyes:

PS: yes i know this isn't much better. than a "gas and go"

edited to reflect the kind of completely backwards reasoning that this is

uh, sorry, tomaz. i have not stolen in order to drive my car. unlike you, apparently. i also had a minimum wage job that was even lower than 5.50.

i guess i got a better job or improved my working skills in order to 'get by' :rolleyes:

BerserkerCatSplat
07-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Wait, isn't Tomaz the guy who crashed his white Taurus while driving like a moron?

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106773&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

Man, stealing gas doesn't get you much of a car these days.

Graham_A_M
07-03-2008, 05:28 PM
^ I'm quite happy that POS riced Taurus was destroyed.
Fuck that car was a trainwreck, seeing it weave through traffic on numerous occassions was quite dispicable.

^ Thats even coming from a douchebag BMW driver:rofl:
what is this world coming to?
:eek:

Tomaz
07-03-2008, 07:39 PM
I was looking for that thread the other day! Couldn't find it!

Yes, I did crash my Taurus. Oops. My bad. Miss that car, believe it or not, i got a lot of sex while i was driving that thing!

October 25, 2005 happened a while ago. I did my service, paid my debt to society. I also stayed off the roads for the full duration. I believe i deserve a bit of respect for not trying to fuck the system.
:closed:

I never knew how many perfect people there are on beyond. I guess this is why i stay on here. I once heard that beyonders are against street racing, drunk drivers, and speeding. I go to the spring cruise and see that some people were pulled over for excessive speeding, some people haveing more than "a couple beer".

Point being, it's not my place to say who belongs where on the social scale. But IMO, i know men who work 2 jobs, at very little pay, raising a family, who rank higher on the social scale than certain BMW drivers, or anyone who ever makes more money and flaunts it.

Mckenzie
07-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Here is me after a couple bites- lesson learned.

Notice the wick and green fuel color....could have been eastern european bread oil? :dunno:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/Eurotrip858ker.jpg

:rofl:

Tomaz
07-03-2008, 08:40 PM
holy crap! Looks like a vinigar bottle! haha