PDA

View Full Version : Black Evo X with no plates on HWY 16

realazy
07-01-2008, 09:59 PM
I just wanted to apologize if i startled you by following you for 150+kms on highway 16. I was in the silver Civic driving back to Lloydminster and was just looking for some company on the drive.

So I assume you just picked up the car eh? Anyways, just seeing if you're on beyond!

That.Guy.S30
07-01-2008, 10:05 PM
hey, maybe you shoudlnt post how fast you were goin

The Cosworth
07-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs

he followed him for 150km not going 150km/h

realazy
I meant I followed him for 150kms in distance.....

GoChris
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs

:whocares: :dunno:

That.Guy.S30
07-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by The Cosworth

he followed him for 150km not going 150km/h

heh reading over me.

anyways.. unless he came up on him or was tailing him, why would he be startled? i guess i should be scared of every car who follows me to edmonton. ahhah

realazy
07-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Well he kept changing lanes thinking I wanted to pass him and I kept following him.

Then he sorta thought I wanted to race but of course I knew I shouldn't even try and kept following.

I just found it kind of odd without plates and I didnt see an in transit sticker in the back window either.

That.Guy.S30
07-01-2008, 10:15 PM
^ im just joking dude. lol

hadookin
07-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by realazy
I just wanted to apologize if i startled you by following you for 150+kms on highway 16. I was in the silver Civic driving back to Lloydminster and was just looking for some company on the drive.

So I assume you just picked up the car eh? Anyways, just seeing if you're on beyond!

Apology accepted

realazy
07-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by hadookin

Apology accepted

You joking or what? If not, did you just pick the car up from Edmonton?

Klobi-1-Kinobi
07-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Hmmm, my coworker is picking up his new evo mr (black) tommorow....

GTS Jeff
07-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Oh that was me. I was wondering what was going on, then I realized you just wanted to tag along haha..

BTW, nice Civic...

realazy
07-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Klobi-1-Kinobi
Hmmm, my coworker is picking up his new evo mr (black) tommorow....

The one I saw was heading east towards Saskatoon. So it might be getting delivered? :dunno: It was a young Asian, I think Chinese guy with an older lady (probably his mom)? So he's probably just taking it home. Nice car though, I saw a few people in cars beside us take pictures of it.

realazy
07-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Oh that was me. I was wondering what was going on, then I realized you just wanted to tag along haha..

BTW, nice Civic...

Is it the real person this time? haha Nice to meet you though, are you replacing the s2k with the Evo?

GTS Jeff
07-01-2008, 11:58 PM

The one I saw was heading east towards Saskatoon. So it might be getting delivered? :dunno: It was a young Asian, I think Chinese guy with an older lady (probably his mom)? So he's probably just taking it home. Nice car though, I saw a few people in cars beside us take pictures of it.

LOL I'm sure my 21 year old white girlfriend will be happy about being called an old asian lady.

Did you notice me giving the finger to people taking pictures with their cell phones?

Is it the real person this time? haha Nice to meet you though, are you replacing the s2k with the Evo?

Nope...got a 3rd parking spot now, so why not fill it up with a 3rd toy right?

redline
07-02-2008, 07:44 AM
So did you get a US one or Canadian model?

Euro_Trash
07-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Instead of starting a new thread, I might as well ask in here. I have talked to 2 dealerships about an MR; one told me you can't order an MR and the other said I should expect a 3-6 month wait. Which is right?

bashir26
07-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Jeff " The EVO X is as useless as my S2000" - I swear I thought you didn't want one :rofl:

Anyway weezy was canceled so i won't be in edmonton. hit me up if you're in calgary so I see this car.

realazy
07-02-2008, 10:23 AM

LOL I'm sure my 21 year old white girlfriend will be happy about being called an old asian lady.

Did you notice me giving the finger to people taking pictures with their cell phones?

You serious? I must be so tired and I was blind, and the headache I had driving back didn't help either. Sorry for offending your gf though :banghead:

Where were you heading? You replied me pretty quick online, if you were heading to Saskatoon you must've been driving like 180km/h.

I didn't see you giving the finger to the people taking pics in the city Jetta, your tints were pretty dark. lol

1-Bar
07-02-2008, 10:28 AM

nice, I heard you were getting a new whip.....nice choice :love: :love:

max_boost
07-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Oh what. Congrats Jeff. Coming to the Beyond cruise so I can check out the new ride? :burnout:

heavyD
07-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Oh what. Congrats Jeff. Coming to the Beyond cruise so I can check out the new ride? :burnout:

I don't believe it.:(

GTS Jeff
07-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

I don't believe it.:( :rolleyes:

snowboard
07-02-2008, 01:20 PM
if you guys fight ill go to the cruise

heavyD
07-02-2008, 01:32 PM
:rolleyes:

I meant that I didn't believe you got an EVO. What did you get? An MR? I guess I can't vandalize your car anymore lol.:)

bashir26
07-02-2008, 01:45 PM

I meant that I didn't believe you got an EVO.

Good thing no one cares what you believe or don't believe. Calling someone a liar based on no facts is retarded.

heavyD
07-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by bashir26

Good thing no one cares what you believe or don't believe. Calling someone a liar based on no facts is retarded.

WTF?:dunno:

bashir26
07-02-2008, 01:54 PM

WTF?:dunno:
I'm confused now. You're talking about EVO as in the car, or does EVO stand for something else?

realazy
07-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Wow, look what I stared haha. Well I just wanna know where you were heading gts_jeff, did you end up staying in Lloydminster?

Because there's no way you could've gotten to any other city by 10:30 as we got into Lloydminster at around 9:45.

heavyD
07-02-2008, 02:06 PM

I'm confused now. You're talking about EVO as in the car, or does EVO stand for something else?

I didn't believe Jeff got an EVO because he gave prior indications that he favored the STI. I didn't call him a liar but it seems like a complete 180 from what he has said in the past that's all, nothing mean spirited in mind. Would be be the first beyond member to get en EVO X?

bashir26
07-02-2008, 02:10 PM

I didn't believe Jeff got an EVO because he gave prior indications that he favored the STI. I didn't call him a liar but it seems like a complete 180 from what he has said in the past that's all, nothing mean spirited in mind. Would be be the first beyond member to get en EVO X?

Oh my bad heavyD, thats the second time I've misunderstood what you said my bad.

Yes that is true last time I spoke with him he said he like the EVO but it was useless and that he favored the new STi.

realazy
07-02-2008, 02:14 PM
So is it really you gts_jeff? Quite the controversy here....:confused:

JRSC00LUDE
07-02-2008, 02:16 PM
:dunno: I didn't/don't believe it either, I just thought Jeff was doing his thing here as per usual!

heavyD
07-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
:dunno: I didn't/don't believe it either, I just thought Jeff was doing his thing here as per usual!

Ha Ha. I think we need proof.

redline
07-02-2008, 04:31 PM

DSG owns all :D

But i agree pics

GTS Jeff
07-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Haha. I didn't get an Evo. Kinda funny how bent outta shape everyone got though.

I still stick with my original assertion that the Evo is far too impractical as a daily car, since there's no trunk passthrough. :D

Hakkola
07-02-2008, 04:43 PM

Would be be the first beyond member to get en EVO X?

No, Kiet has had one for a couple of weeks, maybe over a month.

I forget his beyond name.

ToastiER
07-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Haha. I didn't get an Evo. Kinda funny how bent outta shape everyone got though.

I still stick with my original assertion that the Evo is far too impractical as a daily car, since there's no trunk passthrough. :D

I prefer not having a pass through in my evo, keeps me from hauling lumber in it.

GTS Jeff
07-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by ToastiER

I prefer not having a pass through in my evo, keeps me from hauling lumber in it. So redneck you can't even help but carry planks around whenever possible eh?

I think the new Ralliart is supposed to have a trunk passthrough, plus it's cheaper, so that's worth considering. Stupid of Mitsu to enable this "feature" on only the lower models.

heavyD
07-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by ToastiER
I prefer not having a pass through in my evo, keeps me from hauling lumber in it.

I can't believe how shallow the trunk of the EVO is also compared to the regular Lancer. That's the price for the suspension goodies though.

bashir26
07-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Oh ya now i remember you didnt want it because you couldn't fit your skiis in it :rofl:

GTS Jeff
07-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Oh ya now i remember you didnt want it because you couldn't fit your skiis in it :rofl: Yeah, who the hell lives in Alberta and buys a 4 door AWD sedan to not put skis in it? :D

bashir26
07-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Yeah, who the hell lives in Alberta and buys a 4 door AWD sedan to not put skis in it? :D
:rofl: Did you say that to sales guy? Id love to see his face reaction

RATM
07-03-2008, 02:45 PM

I can't believe how shallow the trunk of the EVO is also compared to the regular Lancer. That's the price for the suspension goodies though.

its wack different

gpomp
07-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Yeah, who the hell lives in Alberta and buys a 4 door AWD sedan to not put skis in it? :D it's a high performance sports car, not a ski hauler... :rolleyes:

xrayvsn
07-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Yeah, who the hell lives in Alberta and buys a 4 door AWD sedan to not put skis in it? :D

I have 2 words for you:

Roof

Rack

GTS Jeff
07-05-2008, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
it's a high performance sports car, not a ski hauler... :rolleyes:

Really, so then why not buy a 2 door roadster? If a car's going to have the impracticality of a sports car, why shouldn't it look the part as well? If I'm going to buy some ugly 4 door car that looks as practical as an Ford Focus, shouldn't it come with a useable trunk too? :dunno:

Originally posted by xrayvsn

I have 2 words for you:

Roof

Rack

And I have many many words for you!

1. looks like ass
2. rattles
3. wind noise at highway speeds. I know a lot of people end up removing the crossbars when not in use in an attempt to kill the wind noise
4. wrecks roof paint
5. can't carry nearly as much as a proper trunk with folding seats.
6. looks like ass
7. very inconvenient to use. They require an extra key to fiddle with (I keep a trim keychain) and when you load/unload you're risking putting the sharp and unwieldy skis into your paint.
8. Skis are exposed to the elements when placed on a roof rack. Rust forms on the edges and rocks will smash the tips. A big deal if you buy nice skis and you're not baller. Unless you're going to suggest a Thule box, then I'd say you're really on crack - because those things look ridiculous on a minivan already, nevermind a so-called sports car.
9. They don't hold much...if you're going with say, 3 other friends who snowboard and you ski, then you're basically screwed and the ski rack won't hold it all.

You can say what you want, but I've looked into all the expensive roof rack systems to mount on the Evo X. There's an OEM accessory one that can be ordered in the JDM market, Yakima ones, etc...they all look out of place and have drawbacks. Evos also have aluminum roofs, so that presents some unique challenges with roof racks too.

ToastiER
07-05-2008, 09:12 AM
As far as I know you can not put a roof rack on any evo that has an aluminum roof, it says right in my owners manual, NO ROOF RACKS.

As much as I hate to agree with a jackass like him ^

:)