PDA

View Full Version : hrmm

Eric Happy Meal
08-29-2003, 03:06 PM
seems like theres alot of honda fans here, which makes me wonder why you decided to go with honda and not a different car.

rx7_turbo2
08-29-2003, 03:28 PM
Honda's are the best. Did'nt you know that?

Ed the SOHC
08-29-2003, 03:30 PM
we were brain washed..... government conspiracy.

AquamosH
08-29-2003, 08:22 PM
Reliability and gas efficiency.

Shaolin
08-29-2003, 09:04 PM
was a car i could afford and not have to worry about reliability or gas mileage.

ninspeed
08-29-2003, 09:24 PM
no honda here..... But its the cost, they are cheep to fix, and cheep (usually) to build.....

3G
08-29-2003, 10:16 PM
and they run forever

rice_eater
08-29-2003, 10:34 PM
coz like a really smart man said once..."VTEC replaces displacement" :eek:

max_boost
08-29-2003, 11:03 PM
Honda's are great! Awesome value for your dollar.

Ben
08-29-2003, 11:09 PM
I like my euros.

max_boost
08-29-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Ben
I like my euros. I do too.....C32 AMG:love: :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
08-30-2003, 01:03 AM
my mom lets me drive my HONDA on the weekends.

GT2NV
08-30-2003, 01:04 AM
haha i like my half domestic half mazda :nut:

sandman
08-30-2003, 01:25 AM
most hondas are too underpowered IMO, like ppl who buy civivcs, dump like 10 grand into them, try to make them like, 300 hp, for that money, jus go buya stoock faster car, a supra, 300zx, rx7T, or a VR-4 will come in that range, and u can get to like 650+ hp on those cars, so it actaully makes sense to go buy them and mod them, unless u hav money for a ferrari or some shit, that is V12, , apart from S2000s tho, thatt is an amazing machine, NSX is wicked too, both rwd too, preludes too are ok, once u mod them up for some money they get decent power too,, actaully, my bveef on the underpowered thing is jus w/ civics, so many kids drive mommy's civic w/ cdn tire exhaust thnnking their vin diesel....all IMO btw....every1s diffewrent, jus why buy an Si, dump like 10 Gs into it, when some1 can jus go buy a good condition rx7, 300, 3000GT, dump the same end sum of money grand into it, and shcool u? i jus dont get it...
PS- im jus saying all this based on a guy i know who got an Si brand new, and gets like a grand a monht to throw at his car, and iono, so many potentially better ways for the money to spent in the long run....so if theres a civic tuner out there who knows more than me bout this, and im dead wrong, my bad,

veedub
08-30-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC
we were brain washed..... government conspiracy.

ha ha ha ha thats to good

but i stick with benny and go euro...even if i have a "chick car"

:thumbsup:

Ebbsvette
08-30-2003, 03:14 AM
i love my domestic...nothin like a muscle car

buh_buh
08-30-2003, 03:20 AM
TONS of aftermarket support.

KoukiS14
08-30-2003, 05:53 AM
I almost fell victim to Honda

I smartened up 10 minutes later.

Weapon_R
08-30-2003, 07:37 AM
Hondas are NOT cheap cars, but I think the reason most of us bought them was because we actually were brainwashed into thinking that they were the perfect car.

I guarantee that every single honda owner remembers seeing that huge shopping cart spoiler and 16" wheels and thinking holy shit i want one of those.

After buying one, however, I think many of us realize that, apart from the aftermarket support, they are really good cars. They are extremely reliable (which is great for the young guys who can't afford to dump a lot of cash into repairs). Honda makes vehicles aimed for all walks of life, such as the civic for the young crowd, and more refined vehicles for the older crowd. I dont think anyone loses the love for the reliability and cheap ownership costs throughout life, and continously buy a Honda to maintain this liking to these sorts of vehicles.

Eric Happy Meal
08-30-2003, 03:11 PM
the only redeeming feature about hondas is their reliability, but theyre only reliable stock, once you start pusing 2X the hp it was made with it pretty much puts the engine to crap.

and what do you mean aftermarket support?? all cars have the same aftermarket support really. i still havent found a car that i cant buy pistons/crank/rods/head/cam/valves/intake/header/exhuast/wheels/tires/differential for. and really what else do you need? and all cars can be turboed, you wont get a kit on a silver platter like most cars, but if you just do a little research youll find the parts to do it.

i mean it just bothers me when you people start to mod hondas because there are sooo many more cars that are cheaper, sometimes are cheaper to mod as well, and end up being tons faster.

THREE40SEVEN
08-30-2003, 03:28 PM
For a driver, sure i'd buy one...
Not for a toy though.. Too expensive to mod, and way too slow.

T5_X
08-30-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Honda makes vehicles aimed for all walks of life, such as the civic for the young crowd, and more refined vehicles for the older crowd.

Thats not true, the best off road vehicle honda could make up was an AWD raised accord, and since when did honda make trucks? Versatile wagons? RWD sport sedans? 2+2 grand touring? and anything with much towing capacity?

Toyota is the most truly versatile company, and IMO, have even better quality control.

Maxt
08-30-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by THREE40SEVEN
For a driver, sure i'd buy one...
Not for a toy though.. Too expensive to mod, and way too slow.
I wouldn't even buy one for a driver.... well maybe an NSX or a S2k, but the grocery cart series honda's don't do alot for me..Maxt

Moe Man
08-30-2003, 05:12 PM
i will have to go with veedub and ben one this one......

i love my volkswagen

GTS Jeff
08-31-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by T5_X
Thats not true, the best off road vehicle honda could make up was an AWD raised accord uhh acura mdx, honda pilot

and since when did honda make trucks? they will soon.

Versatile wagons? accord wagon

itsnotaDUB
08-31-2003, 02:22 PM
EURO, all the way,

^SkylinE^
08-31-2003, 02:42 PM
Buy what ever makes you happy no one told you to buy a honda. I bought a 5G civic hatch because it got a super deal on it and i love the look of the hatch.

xkon
08-31-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
I guarantee that every single honda owner remembers seeing that huge shopping cart spoiler and 16" wheels and thinking holy shit i want one of those.
NOPE... never thought that, thats for sure

I've had 4 hondas, and, of all the vehicles ive owned, none of them ever left me stranded... all the domestics ive had have at least once

that aside, i bought them because I got good deals at the time, and I trust the reliability. I'm afraid hondas 2001+ do nothing for me though, the styling and prices are just wrong. My next car will be either VW or BMW, but most likely a 4x4 diesel:banghead:... depending on whats around when my EL is turned into a winter beater...

T5_X
08-31-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
uhh acura mdx, honda pilot
they will soon.
accord wagon

I thought the pilot was essentially a less luxurious MDX?

What pickup trucks will they make soon? Links?

I was reffering to versatile wagons as in competition to things like the subaru outback. Besides, accord wagons are very rare in NA.

No, honda is far from making vehicles to suit everyone's tastes.