PDA

View Full Version : Buying an out of Province bike question

GreenLude
07-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Do you have to get a out of province inspection? Is it just like buying a car from out of province?

Thanks

dannie
07-02-2008, 12:03 PM
It's exactly the same. Unless the bike is off road, you are required to undergo the OOP.

GreenLude
07-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Awesome thanks!

Graham_A_M
07-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Calgary Harley Davidson does OOP on bikes. Dont go to Performance cycle and auto. They did one on mine being an older '89 Yamaha RZ350 that I brought in from BC.
They stated numerous problems that literally did NOT exist. Such as play in bearings in the steering triple trees, and rear wheel bearing play. I took it over to Calgary HD and there was a tech with lots of experience with Yamaha's. Turns out all the bearings were within factory spec, and the bike passed wtih flying colors. :dunno:

Performance cycle wanted something like $450 to fix both, and would have to have the bike for a week. That was over on top of the OOP they charged me, which was $150. Nice. I just love getting fucked over, definately a clause for repeat busines on my behalf. :rolleyes:

Calgary HD was able to squeeze me in despite their already swamped schedule, that same day I called. 5 stars. I was absolutely impressed by those guys. :clap: