PDA

View Full Version : Roaming on Blackberry

Impreza
07-02-2008, 12:07 PM
I am going out of town to the states in a few weeks and was wondering how roaming data will work...

I am currently on the Blackberry unlimited email plan for $15 from Rogers. I called the rogers rep and they said that I will be charged roaming for recieved emails, but if i dont open the email, then I wont be charged, but if I get the notification on my BB that I got an email, won't I already be charged for data since I received the email on my phone?

What if I put my SIM in a normal non-blackberry phone, then I won't be able to receive emails, so would that take away my chances of getting killed from roaming fees?

Any suggestions on what to do besides just shutting off my phone?

Thanks!

spyce
07-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Your first point I was actually wondering about myself. If you get charged if you open it, or if its just received.

With regards to your second point, if all you are worried about is data roaming you can just shut that off on your Blackberry I believe. Just turn off data services

Impreza
07-02-2008, 02:47 PM
^How do I do that?

I confirmed with someone that if we receive an email on the blackberry, we get charged data roaming even if we dont "open" the email.

EDIT: Ok... I am not sure if this will work, but sounds like it should work, only one way to find out I guess... but I found out how to turn off data services.

Option --> Mobile Network --> Data Service --> Switch to "OFF" or "OFF WHEN ROAMING".