PDA

View Full Version : electric toothbrush

TACO.VIDAL
07-03-2008, 06:35 AM
Do you use toothpaste with your electric toothbrush?

I dont know if your supposed to. I picked one up recently. The manual says nothing about it. A few google searches seem to show mixed answers but it seems toothpaste dampens the effect of some especially the sonic ones.

Any thoughts?

The_Rural_Juror
07-03-2008, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by TACO.VIDAL

I dont know if your supposed to. I picked one up recently. The manual says nothing about it. A few google searches seem to show mixed answers but it seems toothpaste dampens the effect of some especially the sonic ones.

Any thoughts?

No, you are supposed to use cooking oil to keep the rotating mechanisms from rusting.

schocker
07-03-2008, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

No, you are supposed to use cooking oil to keep the rotating mechanisms from rusting.
:rofl:
I use toothpaste on my toothbrush, it is there to leave your teeth so fresh and clean.

The_Rural_Juror
07-03-2008, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by schocker

:rofl:
I use toothpaste on my toothbrush, it is there to leave your teeth so fresh and clean.

Don't listen to the pedobear. Fresh and clean has a different meaning for him. Stick with the Crisco.

arian_ma
07-03-2008, 08:11 AM
The whole point of toothpaste is that it has quartz in it so that it "wears" down the junk that builds up on your teeth because it is harder than that crap. Why would it matter what you use to brush your teeth with? You'd still need to have something that cleans your teeth and kills bacteria and such.

prae
07-03-2008, 08:53 AM
unanimous victory for toothpaste thus far. I dare you to ask your dentist this question.

Jlude
07-03-2008, 09:01 AM
who the hell chose no? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Eleanor
07-03-2008, 09:06 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: At all the idjits who use toothpaste :D

msommers
07-03-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by TACO.VIDAL

Any thoughts?

Does your hygienist use toothpaste when you go in for a cleaning?

Dave P
07-03-2008, 09:27 AM
haha thanks for the morning laugh

98brg2d
07-03-2008, 09:36 AM
The whole point of toothpaste is that it has quartz in it so that it "wears" down the junk that builds up on your teeth

Misinformation. Most toothpaste uses diatoms or mica powder not quartz! Diatoms are plankton with hard shells. This is something they teach in like grade 5 health class.

Toothpaste also has flouride which prevents decay.

Tik-Tok
07-03-2008, 09:38 AM
I can't even stand to use electric toothbrush's. Way too annoying of a noise first thing in the morning.

The_Rural_Juror
07-03-2008, 10:57 AM
38-4 on the poll right now. Looks like beyond likes to screw you over.

Have fun getting botulism from the rust.:thumbsup:

oh yeah, try to keep the toothbrush dry to prevent electrocution. You should probably know that the waterproofing is only limited to the toothbrush head.

PINOY-X
07-03-2008, 10:59 AM
i dont brush...thats why they invented gum

rc2002
07-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by 98brg2d

Exactly, not to mention antibacterial agents too. It would be dumb not to use toothpaste.

msommers
07-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Have fun getting botulism from the rust.:thumbsup:

In all seriousness, I can't tell if this is sarcasm.

Amysicle
07-03-2008, 12:33 PM
oh yeah, try to keep the toothbrush dry to prevent electrocution. You should probably know that the waterproofing is only limited to the toothbrush head.

Lies! My toothbrush can be used in the shower or tossed in the dishwasher for cleaning (sans head). Can't change the battery on it because it's completely sealed, but the battery can be charged through the rubber/plastic case. It's weird.

GTS Jeff
07-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Funny thread. Yes, use toothpaste. It's a mild abrasive, it contains fluoride, soap, etc..

BerserkerCatSplat
07-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Amysicle

Can't change the battery on it because it's completely sealed, but the battery can be charged through the rubber/plastic case. It's weird.

The glory of inductors!

Euro_Trash
07-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by 98brg2d

Misinformation. Most toothpaste uses diatoms or mica powder not quartz! Diatoms are plankton with hard shells. This is something they teach in like grade 5 health class.

Somebody is smarter than a Canadian fifth grader

TaiChino
07-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
I can't even stand to use electric toothbrush's. Way too annoying of a noise first thing in the morning.

I find the only advantage to an electric is so if you're in a fantastic rush in the morning you can brush while taking a piss. I find it quite impossible to manually brush your teeth without shaking your ass. :nut:

Eleanor
07-04-2008, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by TaiChino
I find it quite impossible to manually brush your teeth without shaking your ass. :nut:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: