PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Rims?

Seanith
07-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Has anyone done this before? How do you package the rims? I'm looking to ship rims with tires, so is my best bet finding a box for each wheel? Where could i get such boxes?

We're looking at greyhound since thats the cheapest alternative it seems. Thanks for any advice.

funkedelic
07-03-2008, 04:30 PM
yeah just get boxes to fit them in. Best bet is to go to a tire shop and see if they'll give you any for free so you don't get screwed with getting charged for boxes if you decide to ship with ups, fedex, ect.

Seanith
07-03-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm leaning towards getting the tire bags that tire shops use, and taping cardboard on both sides of the rims to protect them. Then putting them in the tire bags and tapping them up real good. Shouldn't have any issues with that eh?

Cooked Rice
07-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Depends how far your shipping it. If it's like to edmonton, on greyhound. That should be sufficient for packing. For farther places it's going to get moved around a lot more, and could get scratched and such on metal rollers and what not.

Doozer
07-04-2008, 10:15 AM
My rims were shipped to me from Miami, and they were individually boxed, and completely wrapped in saran wrap (probably ended up being a 1/4" thick).