PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who work at Telus Mobility

Tik-Tok
07-03-2008, 06:00 PM
I use Pay and Talk, as I really don't use it that often. I am curious though, if my minutes run out, how long does my phone # stay active, before I HAVE to buy more minutes?

lint
07-03-2008, 10:35 PM
How long the minutes last depends on the amount of the top up card you last used. $10 is 30 days, $50 is 60 days, can't remember about $25. As long as you top up before your minutes expire, they will carry forward.
The best strategy is to use a $50 card for a top up, this gets you the best /min rate ($0.25) and then set up auto top up for $10 each month. This way you're paying only a minimum of $10/month if you're not making use of all your minutes and still getting the best /min rate and carrying forward any unused mins. Auto top up also keeps you from ever missing a top up and losing all your minutes.

Tik-Tok
07-04-2008, 06:41 AM
Sorry, you misunderstood, I meant, after the expiry is up how long I would have before I had to go pick up another card.

Ajay
07-04-2008, 09:27 AM
When I was working at a Telus Mobility dealership it was 3 months. You could keep your pay and talk phone active for up to three months without losing the phone number. After three months you would lose the number and have to go in and purchase a new starter kit to get your phone activated with a new number. Might want to call customer service and make sure it's still 3 months.

Tik-Tok
07-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Ajay
When I was working at a Telus Mobility dealership it was 3 months. You could keep your pay and talk phone active for up to three months without losing the phone number. After three months you would lose the number and have to go in and purchase a new starter kit to get your phone activated with a new number. Might want to call customer service and make sure it's still 3 months.

Cool, thanks.