PDA

View Full Version : Download from PVR to laptop

dannie
07-04-2008, 10:57 AM
I was wondering if there is a way to download a program that you have saved on PVR to your laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lint
07-04-2008, 10:58 AM
what kind of pvr?

dannie
07-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Bell

mazdavirgin
07-04-2008, 11:02 AM
You can't the drives are encrypted... You can capture the output from the PVR but you cannot grab the files off the drive.

dannie
07-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Ok.... is there another way to do it then? Here's why. My husband and his company won an award at the Energy Awards here in Calgary, and they are being broadcast on Sunday. We would really like a copy for investors, directors etc.

Kinda in a bind I guess. Any other suggestions?

I'm sorry to be asking such lame questions, I'm not technologically inclined :D

ToastiER
07-04-2008, 11:29 AM
If it's the same as my shaw pvr you will have to do it old school, press play and hit record on a dvd recorder....

Thaco
07-04-2008, 11:32 AM
or you could find someone with a TV capture card in their PC to record it for you.

lint
07-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by dannie
Ok.... is there another way to do it then? Here's why. My husband and his company won an award at the Energy Awards here in Calgary, and they are being broadcast on Sunday. We would really like a copy for investors, directors etc.

Kinda in a bind I guess. Any other suggestions?

I'm sorry to be asking such lame questions, I'm not technologically inclined :D

Couldn't you contact the broadcaster for a copy? If you're going to be using it for investors and directors etc, you should be getting permission to reuse it anyways.

dannie
07-04-2008, 01:54 PM
I called CityTv and asked, they only have rights to broadcast; not reproduce

Thaco
07-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by lint

Couldn't you contact the broadcaster for a copy? If you're going to be using it for investors and directors etc, you should be getting permission to reuse it anyways. when global had a segment on some fallen soldiers in Afghanistan, one of which was my family member, they wanted some ridiculous amount like $150 to get a copy.