PDA

View Full Version : Help with media center TV, switch to s-video? (satellite or other input)

demosticgarbage
07-05-2008, 10:23 PM
hello, please do not call me an idiot. I have a windows media center PC. i run the wizzard, it detects my s-video connection for my starchoice satellite. i then can download the guide for starchoice. it says completed. but then tunes to the analog CATV tuner. how do I switch it to the input?

Please help. memoryexpress had no clue even though the sold me the card. thank you .

eblend
07-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Thats messed up, if you tell it to go one input it should stick. Try windows update to see that all your media centre stuff is up to date

demosticgarbage
07-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by eblend
Thats messed up, if you tell it to go one input it should stick. Try windows update to see that all your media centre stuff is up to date

eblend, thank you but do you know where you select video sources?

eblend
07-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by demosticgarbage

eblend, thank you but do you know where you select video sources?

go into settings and then should be under TV setup.

demosticgarbage
07-06-2008, 02:09 PM
yes i did that, ican preview my satellite even downloads the guide for it. (EPG)

but once i am out of settings how do i select s-video input instead of tuner?

Kavy
07-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Make sure you do not have another input being used on your sat, like the cable out, sometimes that causes errors.

You have a IR blaster correct?

Kavy
07-06-2008, 02:18 PM
What tuner card are you using btw?

demosticgarbage
07-07-2008, 11:47 AM
use i am using IR sensor that came with my tv card, i get the famous ir not detected but my remote still works.

Originally posted by Kavy
What tuner card are you using btw?

I tried 2 TV cards.

first
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX5715(ME).aspx

again didnt detect reader

exchanged it for

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX9749(ME).aspx

only for 40 dollars but worked way better then the 140 dollar one. still same problem

I am familiar with happuage i been using their capture card since 1998 (older one i had) so i am sure its a bug not me or the computers that i tried.

I am using htis on a sony vaio-ra-710g, the best computer ever it had a factory card but the seller on ebay sold it to me took it out and didnt tell me.

Kavy
07-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Im not a fan of the asus card at all, I would suggest a theater 650 for quality or a 550 for speed. Hupps are good in the 150 and 350 realm but the 500's are a bit shady. My guess is that because that card is not listed as supported it might be part of the problem.

Remember that without the IR blaster changing the channels on the sat box that the media center will not change channels and instead change inputs, im sure this is what you are running into. I would suggest going with a better card having the IR blaster setup correctly and you shouldnt have any problems.