PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Manufacturers

The Cosworth
07-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Trying to get a list going of con's going for manufacturers. My Lancer is a little disappointing so want to try to figure out what the next car would be.

Mitsubishi (current car): Horrible paint, cheaper quality on sound deadening and body panels, poor fit and finish, awful dealership support (not you inline6turbo ;))

Toyota: No interesting cars for mid 20 year olds minus the TRD Tacoma maybe.

Honda: Seem good except that everyone has them.

Nissan: Seem more expensive and have some quality issues, but dont have a lot of experience.

VW: Expensive and needs a lot of work from what it seems. Cars dont seem to have any soul.

Acura: Anemic vehicles since the first gen RSX and TSX became old

Infinity: Oldermans cars now, and everyone has a G35

Lexus: Really like the IS250/350's actually but are just a lot of money.

BMW: Expensive, and you become a douche

MB: Expensive new

Subaru: Seems loud and as cheap as mitsubishi

Americans: No really good cars at the moment.

Any comments to add to any manufacturers or groups I have missed let me know. Want to know where to narrow my search. Looking for good quality and a bit of fun.

Sorath
07-06-2008, 10:59 AM
u gotta pay to play :poosie:

xrayvsn
07-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Why bother with this thread?

The Toyota Yaris and VW GTI have rage2 approval. No need to look at anything else after that IMO.

boxer23
07-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Honda(CON): VTAC JUST KICKED IN YO!!!
Lexus: for seniors only
Infiniti: the new lexus
BMW: UGLY!
Acura: I just paid 35K for a rebadged civic
Hyundai: Haven't released anything groundbreaking just yet
Saturn: rebadged Chevrolet
Pontiac: rebadged Chevrolet
Buick: rebadged Chevrolet
Cadillac: can't complain they have very nice cars
Nissan: reliable but pretty bland

The Cosworth
07-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Sorath
u gotta pay to play :poosie:

No I know, just $80,000 is a lot for what I want. I have expensive taste.

I would love a M3 Cab or a SLK350, but I need something more reasonable

Originally posted by xrayvsn

The Toyota Yaris and VW GTI have rage2 approval. No need to look at anything else after that IMO.

I drove the Yaris (would rather wait for a Tc) and the GTi is what the wife will be getting when she finishes school so we dont want to have two

Gibson
07-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by The Cosworth
Trying to get a list going of con's going for manufacturers. My Lancer is a little disappointing so want to try to figure out what the next car would be.

Mitsubishi (current car): Horrible paint, cheaper quality on sound deadening and body panels, poor fit and finish, awful dealership support (not you inline6turbo ;))

Toyota: No interesting cars for mid 20 year olds minus the TRD Tacoma maybe.

Honda: Seem good except that everyone has them.

Nissan: Seem more expensive and have some quality issues, but dont have a lot of experience.

VW: Expensive and needs a lot of work from what it seems. Cars dont seem to have any soul.

BMW: Expensive, and you become a douche

Subaru: Seems loud and as cheap as mitsubishi

Americans: No really good cars at the moment.

Toyota: Correct from this stance. Like someone mentioned above though, the Yaris RS is a pretty tight car.

Nissan: Altima SE-R, Altima Coupe, Sentra SE-R, 35/70z. Keep an eye out for a spiritual predecessor to the Silvia in the next couple of years as well.

VW: GTI? No soul??

BMW: I lol'd. But check out the 1 series. Not much of a looker, but the power of a 3 series in a lighter car? No problems there.

Subaru: Subaru definitely has a relibaility advantage over Mitsubishi. They consistently rank in the top 5 most reliable manufacturers. As far as sound deadening, I have no idea.

In all honesty, don't rule out the Hyundai Tiburon either. I think the new one is absolutely gorgeous.

403civic
07-06-2008, 01:21 PM
I read this somewhere and I think it is so Ture

If you want a Fast and Reliable car its not going to be cheap
If you want a Fast and Cheap Car its not going to be Reliable
If you want a Cheap and Reliable car its not going to be Fast

Sharpie
07-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Whats your price range?

Honestly best bang for your buck is the new t/c cobalt

GTS Jeff
07-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by xrayvsn

:werd: It's the only approval that really matters.

benyl
07-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by boxer23

Nissan: reliable but pretty bland

They aren't reliable either.

OP: Why don't you import a tC? I think you can even import the older ones now that the bumper law changed.

The Cosworth
07-06-2008, 10:47 PM
haha wow this kinda exploded today.

Originally posted by Gibson

Toyota: Correct from this stance. Like someone mentioned above though, the Yaris RS is a pretty tight car.

Nissan: Altima SE-R, Altima Coupe, Sentra SE-R, 35/70z. Keep an eye out for a spiritual predecessor to the Silvia in the next couple of years as well.

VW: GTI? No soul??

BMW: I lol'd. But check out the 1 series. Not much of a looker, but the power of a 3 series in a lighter car? No problems there.

Subaru: Subaru definitely has a relibaility advantage over Mitsubishi. They consistently rank in the top 5 most reliable manufacturers. As far as sound deadening, I have no idea.

In all honesty, don't rule out the Hyundai Tiburon either. I think the new one is absolutely gorgeous.

GTI yes, when I drove it, the car didnt excite me. I wouldnt rush on here and post pics of it. Hence no soul.

1 series, the one I was looking at in the showroom was 65,000

Subaru, the paint is as bad as mitsubishi's. So is fit and finish. Which are my issues with the cars.

Originally posted by 403civic
I read this somewhere and I think it is so Ture

Not asking for what is cheap, but not everyone can get a ferarri, lambo, whatever. There are better cars than others.

Originally posted by Sharpie
Whats your price range?

Honestly best bang for your buck is the new t/c cobalt

50,000 new - 40,000 used

It is more on best bang for the buck, not overall cost.

Originally posted by benyl

They aren't reliable either.

OP: Why don't you import a tC? I think you can even import the older ones now that the bumper law changed.

To be honest, I have been thinking a lot about the Tc. I think they are hilarious and made out of lego

gpomp
07-06-2008, 10:48 PM
civic si has great bang for the buck :thumbsup:

The Cosworth
07-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

you know I really liked it, but I just say a vision of myself driving it with rims, tint and an intake and hating myself.

Tik-Tok
07-06-2008, 10:55 PM

Audi? 40-50 will net you a nice, low km, B7 S4 in the states... or if your REALLY looking for something nice... C5 RS6 :drool:

gpomp
07-06-2008, 11:24 PM

you know I really liked it, but I just say a vision of myself driving it with rims, tint and an intake and hating myself. i don't get it...

boxer23
07-06-2008, 11:29 PM
i don't get it...

rice:rolleyes:

Weapon_R
07-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by boxer23

rice:rolleyes:

which won't be a problem unless he puts tint, rims, and an intake?

boxer23
07-06-2008, 11:37 PM
while those mods aren't rice, he will be like all the other kid racers in their civics

gpomp
07-06-2008, 11:41 PM
not everyone has a small enough penis to drive a z06...

Destinova403
07-06-2008, 11:46 PM
you could get a brand new C-Class... it might not be the fastest car on the road but damn they look sexy :drool:

TeamBestBud
07-06-2008, 11:46 PM

lol. I drive a re-badged honda and i love it.:)

boxer23
07-07-2008, 12:08 AM

but...but the salesman told me no one would ever know:cry:

Eleanor
07-07-2008, 08:11 AM
1 series, the one I was looking at in the showroom was 65,000
:eek: Did it have the M3 V8?

Too bad it's hideously ugly and the biggest f*cking dash I've ever seen. I much prefer the looks of the CSX-S, too bad it's wayyyyyy over-priced.

OP: What exactly are you looking for in a new car?