PDA

View Full Version : E92 M3 vs C63 (and the RS4) on a racetrack (Top Gear)

E36M3
07-06-2008, 11:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG5i4uyzTok

Very entertaining.. Mercedes fanboys won't like it too much, but I bet it is largely accurate, although I can't say as I haven't driven the benz or the bimmer.

Hakkola
07-06-2008, 01:48 PM
What?

This has been posted a couple times. And most Mercedes fanboys do like it. I love it, c63 is awesome! Clarkson seemed to enjoy it as well.

E36M3
07-06-2008, 02:17 PM
The part about it being out of control and difficult to make an apex might be of concern to people that like to drive.. I dunno.. sometimes that is seen as a good thing (Vipers for example) and is probably a huge part of the appeal of AMGs to most people (I love the torque, but man the chassis on these cars is nowhere near developed enough to handle it).

Also of concern would be that an RS4 is just as fast around a track and that the M3 handed it its ass.

I did a quick search, didn't see anything obvious, figured it was probably a repost... sowwy.

There is a great video I also watched on YouTube about the Brabus V12S SL and it is exactly how I feel about those cars.

Originally posted by Hakkola
What?

This has been posted a couple times. And most Mercedes fanboys do like it. I love it, c63 is awesome! Clarkson seemed to enjoy it as well.

bashir26
07-06-2008, 02:49 PM
I saw a black C63 AMG on 17ave yesterday afternoon and wow M3 has nothing on this car

Hakkola
07-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by bashir26
I saw a black C63 AMG on 17ave yesterday afternoon and wow M3 has nothing on this car

:werd: It is a good car but far too bland. I liked the look of the 3 series coupe when it came out, and I would check them out whenever they drove by.

It has been a year now though, and I saw a new M3 parked when I went to the car wash last week, and I didn't bother looking twice. Nothing special over the 335 IMO.

bashir26
07-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

:werd: It is a good car but far too bland. I liked the look of the 3 series coupe when it came out, and I would check them out whenever they drove by.

It has been a year now though, and I saw a new M3 parked when I went to the car wash last week, and I didn't bother looking twice. Nothing special over the 335 IMO.

Mercedes is finally making good cars again since they left Chrysler!

ZorroAMG
07-06-2008, 03:23 PM
^Bashir, that is a silly statement.

bashir26
07-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
^Bashir, that is a silly statement.

Well I'm speaking from a personal standpoint. This is the only Mercedes that I have been really interested in for sometime now.

The facts are though Mercedes has lost lots of market share since Daimler bought it.

rage2
07-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Drifting the course WOT is slower than controlled throttle inputs. Who would've thought? :rofl:

I still think both cars are close at the track if driven properly. I'd love to give both cars a try at race city.

E36M3
07-07-2008, 02:26 AM
Pro driver taking all three around the track produced those results.. they do several practice laps (as many as necessary) before doing the measured lap, so I doubt he was drifting the whole time. Top Gear are hardly BMW fanboys, so I doubt they would rig it, but who knows.

Originally posted by rage2
Drifting the course WOT is slower than controlled throttle inputs. Who would've thought? :rofl:

I still think both cars are close at the track if driven properly. I'd love to give both cars a try at race city.

sillysod
07-09-2008, 07:32 PM
"To annoy Hammond I dress like an M3 driver before taking the wheel"

hahaha :rofl: