PDA

View Full Version : yellowstone

Kritafo
07-06-2008, 02:17 PM
just got home from Yellowstone. It was an awesome drive. Spent our first night in Bozeman for 100.00 at the quietest cleanest Holiday Inn ever. Went to Famous Dave's southern style BBQ. Put Big T's to shame. Drove to Yellowstone and spent the day hiking and taking in the geysers. Lots of wild life on the roads, totally worth the drive. Then we headed to Spokane with the kiddies. Holiday Inn in Hayden ID has a deal if you stay there to either Silverwood or Triple Play which is go -karts, bowling, waterpark which was pretty lame, mini putt, arcade, bumper boats and laser tag . We didn't have to wait in line once. Apparently you can buy attraction cards at Costco there which is just down street.

Went shopping in Spokane before they close Steve and Barry's everything in the store is 8.98 there are some things for less. Got a smoking deal on a laptop for our son 275.00 @ Best Buy. Had cinnabon for a big treat. There is nothing left at Post Falls outlet mall, the bass outlet, disney store, ...Pfaltzgraff and a kitchen store is what I can remember.

Best of all we stayed for July 4th and got to see a ton of fireworks.

Sharpie
07-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Congrats?

Pihsiak
07-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Hi, planned to go there next week for 5 days

I can't seem to get a number for reseving a campsite
the numbers on the site don't work

was wonder if you have a brochure with a better contact

Kritafo
07-06-2008, 06:39 PM
make sure you do the ranger talk if your at the campsite they are very informative.

(307) 344-7311 for future reservations
(307) 344-7901 same day reservations.

There are also first come first serve reservations for campsites.

I can't place my hands on any other brochures other than my park map and Park Pass which is $25.00 and is good for 7 days.

When are you leaving? I have the Yellowstone map if your at all interested in having it.

They have tours out of Old Faithful Inn. We did the old yellow taxi one it was fun. Don't miss seeing the inside of this place it's amazing.

Inside is a clock that says the approx time of eruption for old faithful. It beats sitting for 90 minutes. You can site anywhere around it..we didn't find any one view was better than another. OH yeah...there were pretty much no bugs at all.

Have fun.

http://www.travelyellowstone.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i9646-Top_Ten_Things_to_do_while_at_the_Old.html