PDA

View Full Version : Hyatt Infiniti - Experiences - Good/Bad??

Kai_SW20
07-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Has anyone had recent experiece with Hyatt Infiniti? Mine have been subpar and just like to know if anyone has any comments or suggestions, thanks!

My story:
I've been looking for a used G35 Coupe for some time now and would like to buy from a dealer. It just gives me that peace of mind, but I suppose that's what sells. I found their staff unwilling to spend the time to do their job, which is selling cars, expecting the cars to sell themselves. They were unwilling to reveal full vehicle history reports, provided incorrect spec information and couldn't even clean the vehicle uplon my request before viewing.

Infiniti Canada's commitment to the excellence of customer satisfaction and service is shattered by Hyatt Infiniti who puts this to shame. Other friends share similar experiences like mine. One had even written a complaint letter to Infiniti Canada regarding the purchase of a new vehicle.

I will be needing a vehicle soon, and I'm considering Ericksen Infiniti, Edmonton as they are 3 hours or less away from Calgary. As well, since Lexus and BMW are considered to be luxury and "higher" than near-luxury Infiniti, I will be looking into them as well.

bashir26
07-06-2008, 02:47 PM
If you're going to buy a car buy a Lexus from redline_mr2! I'm sorry for the shitty service that hyatt gave you

TomcoPDR
07-06-2008, 02:52 PM
:eek: first post for an '02

Where the hell have you been all this time?

HRD2PLZ
07-06-2008, 03:52 PM
I bought an '07 G35x from Hyatt in May of last year. I can't really complain about my salesman, he wasn't outstanding but he wasn't overly terrible. I did look into buying through Ericksen Infiniti but I can't remember why I didn't. I didn't have a trade and the car took 8 weeks to come in from Japan. The service department I found was just appalling. I was getting treated way better when servicing my Toyota.

I ended up being so disappointed in the car and the whole purchase/service experience that in September I sold it and bought a 2008 Lexus RX from Lexus of Calgary. What a difference! Sure, I liked some aspects of my Infiniti over the Lexus... BUT Lexus suggested I sell my G35 privately as I would net more money and my salesman told me that if it took my 6 months and the Lexus was in then they would hold it for me. If I sold the G35 before the Lexus came in then he would put me into a rental at no charge. I ended up selling the G35 in just over a week or so. It was about 4 or 5 days before the Lexus came in. My salesman set me up with a rental and even picked me up from Enterprise when I had to drop off the rental on the day I took delivery of the Lexus. I dealt with Ken Leslie in sales and he was awesome. I *think* I dealt with redlyne_mr2 in the business office but wasn't sure.

Lexus service... absolutely no complaints from me. I love it. The whole purchase/service experience has been WAY more positive than I had with Hyatt.

Good Luck with your decision :thumbsup:

jadeboy
07-06-2008, 04:34 PM
I have been to Lexus of Calgary... Generally outstanding service.. Lexus treats you like they are servants to you so you feels like a king.

2EFNFAST
07-06-2008, 08:51 PM
hyatt infiniti can blow me. absolutely HORRIBLE experiences there.

noaccess
07-06-2008, 09:04 PM
A former G35C owner. Hyatt services blow. Blamed it on the customer is their motto. Their service manager is a headache to deal with and always assume that customer don't know jack about car.

nbaker00
07-06-2008, 09:07 PM
If you want a used G35 coupe, PM me the specs.
I'll save you money and the hassle of shopping around dealer to dealer.

DNSRadio
07-06-2008, 09:20 PM
LEXUS FTW!!!!

THE BEST SERVICE IN ALL OF CALGARY !!!

Depending on your salesperson or your service person they ask you for food and drinks and etc.

Totally treat you like a king.

Had to take my dads 08 RX in for servicing... and oh man... what a way to start of the weekend.

THE BEST SERVICE EVER!!

They told me it would take the whole weekend to get it serviced, as they were a little behind, set me up in another lexus RX and they said that we can pick it up on Monday morning.

no questions...

so i would def. recommend LEXUS OF CALGARY !!

Redlyne_mr2
07-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the support DNSradio, bashir26 and HRD2PLZ, always appreciated.

nbaker00
07-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Yea LOC is sweet. The waiting room with the TV and showcase around you is soo nice.. The floor is always so clean, you could eat off of it.
I was at the Grand Opening and have been in a few times for different stuff.
I even met Arlene Dickenson (Dragons Den) one morning there!

Rhystar
07-06-2008, 11:33 PM
a buddy of mine worked there for 5 years and he personally thinks its absolute shit........sooooooo, if one of their own
salespeople hates it...then i wonder what you customers are gonna think

ecstasy_civic
07-07-2008, 12:03 AM
The Hyatt auto group sucks in general

bashir26
07-07-2008, 02:06 AM
And the verdict is: Hyatt blows tampons.

No problem Redlyne_MR2 you're pretty nice to me, so when I can I'll buy my dream IS-F from you :D

Redlyne_mr2
07-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by nbaker00
Yea LOC is sweet. The waiting room with the TV and showcase around you is soo nice.. The floor is always so clean, you could eat off of it.
I was at the Grand Opening and have been in a few times for different stuff.
I even met Arlene Dickenson (Dragons Den) one morning there!
Hehe yep.. she's there every once and a while.. her son works with me...bashir.. let me know when youre ready :)

popoykid_jdm
07-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Do your self a favor don't go to Hyaat Infinity,service is sucks! I have a QX56.I brought it in for service took them 3weeks to do it and they could'nt even clean up my truck.

gpomp
07-07-2008, 10:28 AM
how do bmw and mercedes compare to lexus and infiniti?

w_man
07-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Hyatt Infiniti sucks!! Their sales people are crooks and their service department will cause you to lose hair ...

I have had major issues with that 'so called' luxury dealership but recently I got rid of my 07 G35S and had someone take over the lease from Vancouver (apparently their dealership in Van City is much better) ... even the guy who flew in to pick up my car was shocked at the service ... the finance department was absolutely rediculous. I had a few people interested in my car, so they had to run 3 applications in the span of 3 weeks and John there was trying to give me shit for making him do all this work ... I paid $500 bucks for the lease transfer?!?!?? :dunno:

Stay away!! .. BMW is pretty good ... I would go to Calgary BMW instead of Crowfoot ... or I hear awsome things about Lexus.

Kai_SW20
07-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks everyone for their great input!! I love the G Coupe, but I do find it SOOOO HARD to put my money down for a dealership which treats their customers and potential customers so badly like Hyatt Infiniti. I hope someone at Infiniti Canada is reading this cuz I'm sure Hyatt's loosing many customers for new car sales as well as service (which are probably lost to Nissan Dealerships).

I have owned Toyotas in the past from Stampede Toyota and NEVER had any complaints. (Lexus of Calgary was split off from the former Stampete Lexus Toyota.) I'll be sure to check out Calgary BMW and look for Redlyne_mr2 at Lexus of Calgary!!

nbaker00: Thanks for the offer. I'll take that into consideration!

Someone should open another Infiniti dealership in Calgary! :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
07-07-2008, 05:50 PM
hehe thanks Kai_SW20.. send me a pm or give me a call at the dealership if you ever think you might be stopping by, I'm happy to help 403-225-3987.

Ryan

Masked Bandit
07-07-2008, 08:25 PM
I keep hearing the same BS from any of the Hyatt Group stores (Fishcrook errr, I mean Fishcreek Nissan comes to mind).

Kai_SW20
07-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Redlyne_mr2: Did some research on the net and found rumours of an IS Coupe for 2009. Can you shed any light on this subject?

Thanks.

Redlyne_mr2
07-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Kai_SW20
Redlyne_mr2: Did some research on the net and found rumours of an IS Coupe for 2009. Can you shed any light on this subject?

Thanks.
Thats correct.. coupe and convertible are coming.... we arent sure if it will be released as an 09 or maybe an 09.5/10, but yah if you're looking for a coupe from Lexus there will be one coming.

redline
07-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Thats correct.. coupe and convertible are coming.... we arent sure if it will be released as an 09 or maybe an 09.5/10, but yah if you're looking for a coupe from Lexus there will be one coming.

are they going to redesign the car with more interior space, that is one big problem with those cars?

EIT07
07-09-2008, 08:13 AM
IMO, buying a car from Hyatt Infiniti was OK, but the service dept absolutely sucks!!! I brought my car to Stadium Nissan for service last time, and it was way better. I'll never bring my car to Hyatt for service again.

NewLextasy
07-09-2008, 08:28 AM
My wife worked at Hyatt Infiniti in the auto mall for 2 weeks and it was a shit hole!!! She left so fast, they just teat everyone like trash. We are actually considering a sexual harrasment suit for all the comments made about her.... Chest.

Lexus on the other hand.... I LOVE THEM. Like everyone says they treat you like KING. I have been going there for 3 years and only had one bad experience and that was getting my car power polished, lol they suck at that. Other wise GREAT

The Cosworth
07-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Hyatt sucks. Just awful experience. Pompus assholes is the general theme of my non-existant rant.

I delt with Ryan at Lexus and my god he was good. He was too busy when I dropped by so he set me up with a capable guy to answer questions and now Ryan and I are slowly dealing with the numbers/car and will eventually be getting a new whip.

ONLY complaint I have about them is that they close at 5 or 6 on the week days so I had to take an afternoon off to go and see the IS. My next car is being purchased through LOC for sure, unless Lexus buggers the car I want up. :cry:

gonefishing
07-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Hyatt Infiniti service dept is SHIT! i brought my G coupe there the first few times for oil changes and the service was mediocore at best. But this is what pissed me off though. The lady who i bought my car from had just did all the brakes pads/rotors 2 weeks before i bought the car for $1200 at Hyatt and 5 months later ( 15,000km ) they start squelling. So i bring them the ladies receipt and tell them whats going on so they look at the car then charge me $120 and say the front pads are almost gone. I'm like WTF it was just done by you guys less than 15,000km ago. By this time i'm red hot and the service manager comes out to see whats going on. He then tries to give me some song and dance at how this was normal for G35 to go thru pads very fast and even if it was their fault the warranty is only good for the original person who paid for the service. So i restrain myself from kicking his ass and just leave. Bring my car to my mechanic and he looks at them and say that not only did the front brakes have unsual high wear but the was no way that the front rotors were machined just 15,000km ago. So i guess you can say my experience with them was NOT GOOD :thumbsdow. Sorry for the long rant

Mitsu3000gt
07-09-2008, 08:56 AM
A couple of their new cars salesmen are excellent guys, but they have the gayest policy on used cars where they claim to price them so cheaply, they never negotiate price, but their priced the same or more than every other dealer, and WAY above every private sale. What I do like though is that they don't seem to clean up their used cars, which is good in my opinion because it gives you an idea of how the car was treated before it hit the dealer.

avishal26
07-09-2008, 09:13 AM
We tried to get our infiniti's regularly service by Hyatt Infiniti (G35 coupe and FX35) and since they're both american cars, we were told it would be a 3 MONTH wait before they could get one of the cars in. After a little more conversation the impression I got was that since the car was american... we're pretty much getting the boot from the only infiniti dealer in Calgary. Pretty stupid IMO... since either way.. regardless of where the car was bought, we still have to pay the same amount for an oil change.

This kind of thing is just really bad business practice (trying to screw people who didn't bring you any business when looking to buy a car). Especially since Hyatt Infiniti, at any point in time has at least a couple of FX's sitting in the lot that were brought in from the states. It just goes to show that whoever is running the show there ... well ... shouldn't be.!

Redlyne_mr2
07-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by The Cosworth
Hyatt sucks. Just awful experience. Pompus assholes is the general theme of my non-existant rant.

I delt with Ryan at Lexus and my god he was good. He was too busy when I dropped by so he set me up with a capable guy to answer questions and now Ryan and I are slowly dealing with the numbers/car and will eventually be getting a new whip.

ONLY complaint I have about them is that they close at 5 or 6 on the week days so I had to take an afternoon off to go and see the IS. My next car is being purchased through LOC for sure, unless Lexus buggers the car I want up. :cry:
Sorry again about that... we are actually open until 9 Monday to Thursday.. I'm usually there until 730-8ish depending on what I have on the go.. Im happy to may something work for you though.

The Cosworth
07-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Sorry again about that... we are actually open until 9 Monday to Thursday.. I'm usually there until 730-8ish depending on what I have on the go.. Im happy to may something work for you though.

Hey I didnt have an appointment and you were busy. No need to fret. I have meetings and appointments at work too so I know how that goes. It wasnt like you were an ass about it or something.

I didnt know you guys were open until 9, did you change your hours?