PDA

View Full Version : Madrina's in Bragg Creek review.

ekguy
07-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Madrina's
- Food rating 5/5
- Ambience 4/5
- Service 3/5

My girlfriend has the Linguine Pescatora and I had the Rosaline Al Forno. Followed by Terrine Di Cioccolata Con Chambord and Tiramisu. The food was nothing short of splendid.

Gf had 2 glasses of Primitivo Caleo and I had a glass of Orvieto Secco Carpineto and 2 of Freixenet Brut.

The food and deserts were amazing. The desert especially was very amazing. The wine was good. Selection was a bit different than most places which was good.

We got there with reservations they asked if we wanted outdoors on patio and we decided to try it. We got a table in the shade and it being 7pm was getting a bit chilly. My girlfriend asked if we could have a table in the restaurant instead since we did have those reservations anyways and the server seemed very annoyed to have to bring our menus to another table that was already set anyways. We got a crappy table and crappy service from that point on. It was polite at best, no effort to build any rapport with us as customers and seemed like anything we asked was met with an arrogance that seemed to make us believe like we were imposing on them. The only 2 things we asked for was a different sauce on a dish that had 2 options for sauce and to be moved inside which was our original reservation and were made to feel bad about asking.

If the food were not as good as it was we would not think of going back. We will be going back at some point and are going to hope we get a different server since we don't feel it was fair to assume all service there is that bad.

For a decently upscale restaurant as compared to BP's, Eastside's and all those crappy chains we expected a bit more.

Sorry about the long post I just like eating out and love reviewing places as well since I have worked in that industry for a while now.

msommers
07-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the review. I've heard of this place from many people, all mentioning the food is quite good. Just out of curiousity, are you a young person (ie: 18-22)? I definitely find that no matter how you dress or act, particular restaurants don't take you seriously as customers. I'm not sure if they think you're going to be cheap or what, but it's quite disheartening.

Kona9
07-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by msommers
Thanks for the review. I've heard of this place from many people, all mentioning the food is quite good. Just out of curiousity, are you a young person (ie: 18-22)? I definitely find that no matter how you dress or act, particular restaurants don't take you seriously as customers. I'm not sure if they think you're going to be cheap or what, but it's quite disheartening.

I hear you!!

Try looking like you are 22 but are truly almost 32.

ekguy
07-10-2008, 12:20 PM
no I'm 25 and I look a bit older and I was dressed very well. My gf is 35 and was also very well dressed. The service was shit and thus server got a shit tip. I rarely ever leave anything less than 15% as I usually tip 20% or even 25%. I left 100$ even on a 93$ bill and I felt like I was being generous. The guy was condescending the whole time. The worse part though is seeing other servers treat their tables like they should be and then a table over which is us being treated like we're imposing ourselves onto the restaurant. Their job is to make our stay pleasant which our server did not. I felt bad leaving that little of a tip but it was not deserved at all.

Again I say. The lay out of the restaurant was very nice, setting was amazing. Nice big trees around the whole property. Good wine selection. But having a rude server soured the whole experience for us. Especially when making the reservations we told them it was to celebrate a birthday you figure they'd try a bit but it was not the case. Cactus Club did more for my bday than Madrina's did for my gf's.

analbumcover
07-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
no I'm 25 and I look a bit older and I was dressed very well. My gf is 35 and was also very well dressed. The service was shit and thus server got a shit tip. I rarely ever leave anything less than 15% as I usually tip 20% or even 25%. I left 100$ even on a 93$ bill and I felt like I was being generous. The guy was condescending the whole time. The worse part though is seeing other servers treat their tables like they should be and then a table over which is us being treated like we're imposing ourselves onto the restaurant. Their job is to make our stay pleasant which our server did not. I felt bad leaving that little of a tip but it was not deserved at all.

Again I say. The lay out of the restaurant was very nice, setting was amazing. Nice big trees around the whole property. Good wine selection. But having a rude server soured the whole experience for us. Especially when making the reservations we told them it was to celebrate a birthday you figure they'd try a bit but it was not the case. Cactus Club did more for my bday than Madrina's did for my gf's.

shit man you're 25?

i thought you just got your GDL license

ekguy
07-10-2008, 02:18 PM
hell no man. I've had my licence since I was 16 haha. I've had like 8 cars now haha. What ever made you have that idea haha. I also haven't had a speeding ticket in like 6 years haha. But yeah I have to say though I love rating restaurants though.

analbumcover
07-10-2008, 03:04 PM
hell no man. I've had my licence since I was 16 haha. I've had like 8 cars now haha. What ever made you have that idea haha. I also haven't had a speeding ticket in like 6 years haha. But yeah I have to say though I love rating restaurants though.

Don't take this the wrong way bro, but I assumed you were young because the way you type, the lack of 5+ letter words in your review and the repeated use of the word "good"

bobby_lu
07-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by analbumcover

Don't take this the wrong way bro, but I assumed you were young because the way you type, the lack of 5+ letter words in your review and the repeated use of the word "good"

haha I guessed <20

ekguy
07-10-2008, 03:23 PM
sorry. I was quite under the influence of a good half dozen big rocks beers at that point. I am also french which simetimes does explain the lack of complicated vocabulary. But with a fridge full of big rock and Sleeman's it's hard to write at anything higher than an 07 level haha. Anyways what is done is done. I reviewed the place and I do recommend it to others but if you get an upitty gay server with dark hair ask for another server. All the other servers seemed to be treating their tables with much more respect. Including some redneck guy drinking a very crappy beer wearing a nascar t-shirt and camo shorts in a fancy italian restaurant.

Stunt66
07-10-2008, 06:23 PM

Shit dude, with all those haha's i'd have to say you're 16 tops. haha

ekguy
07-10-2008, 10:59 PM
it's the way i post since im like 16 i've always used lot's of haha's sorry.