PDA

View Full Version : Moving truck rental

cornelius85
07-07-2008, 07:59 PM
As the title states looking for a moving truck company that we drive ourselves like u haul. Any time we have used uhaul the equipment never seems to be there when we go to pickup or it is run down and not too safe. Would rather use another company. Anyone suggest any?

2000Accord
07-07-2008, 08:26 PM
We used Discount and they were great (Crowfoot location). I rented it for 1 day starting at 9am on Saturday, and since they are closed on Sundays, they didn't care when it was returned, as long as it was back by the time they opened on Monday.

I think is was ~$75 for Saturday and Sunday.
I think budget wanted ~$160 for a 3-4 hours.

Davetronz
07-07-2008, 09:58 PM
I used the same company as below for two moves now and they were awesome. The trucks have always been really good and the prices are decent as well.

Originally posted by 2000Accord
We used Discount and they were great (Crowfoot location). I rented it for 1 day starting at 9am on Saturday, and since they are closed on Sundays, they didn't care when it was returned, as long as it was back by the time they opened on Monday.

I think is was ~$75 for Saturday and Sunday.
I think budget wanted ~$160 for a 3-4 hours.

cornelius85
07-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Do you have to call to get a rate as if it was returned on the closed day. I quoted a 26' van for Aug 3-4 and it was over 400 which is way more than any other company. Do you get better rates if you call?