PDA

View Full Version : Chewing gun with wrapper still on?

NRGie
07-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Buddy of mine told me that you could chew stride gum with the wrapper still on it? (Like the waxy sorta paper the gum is wrapped by)?

Kavy
07-07-2008, 08:09 PM
08's

:dunno:

DC2
07-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Wikipedia
Wrapper

Soon after the release of Stride, a rumor began to circulate that the wrapper can dissolve while the gum is being chewed.While some say its true it is also speculated that it just merges with the gum and never really dissolves at all. The rumor was similar to rumors in the past about other brands of chewing gum. This myth has since been confirmed false:

"While Stride(r) gum is designed to be chewed for a ridiculously long time, our gum wrappers are not. All of our gum wrappers are made with materials that comply with FDA regulations for food contact materials; however, none of our chewing gum wrappers are designed to be ingested. While there’s nothing toxic in them, gum wrappers aren’t intended for ingestion and gum wrappers should not be eaten. Should you have any questions or concerns about your children ingesting gum wrappers, please contact your doctor or other health care professional. - Cadbury-Schweppes[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stride_(gum)

al-ti2d
07-07-2008, 08:23 PM
i watched my coworker chew her stride gum with the wrapper still on.. it does work since she wasn't harmed by it, but i don't recommend it at all... how hard is it to unwrap a stick of gum these days??

analbumcover
07-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by al-ti2d
i watched my coworker chew her stride gum with the wrapper still on.. it does work since she wasn't harmed by it, but i don't recommend it at all... how hard is it to unwrap a stick of gum these days??

Did you check her stool?

Kona9
07-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by analbumcover

Did you check her stool? :rofl: wow

badatusrnames
07-07-2008, 08:50 PM

Did you check her stool?

Haha nice.

schocker
07-07-2008, 09:24 PM
i have heard that you can eat chips through the bag, is this true:dunno:

badatusrnames
07-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by schocker
i have heard that you can eat chips through the bag, is this true:dunno:

Yes, just check your stool afterward.

Thaco
07-07-2008, 09:35 PM
isn't the whole point of the individual wrappers, for them to be, individually wrapped?

Donmega
07-07-2008, 09:46 PM
'TeamBestBud' eats 5 gum with the wrapper all the time, wtf

revelations
07-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by NRGie
Buddy of mine told me that you could chew stride gum with the wrapper still on it? (Like the waxy sorta paper the gum is wrapped by)?

buddy of mine told me that square pegs dont fit in a round hole

frozenrice
07-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by revelations

What!? :eek:

revelations
07-07-2008, 10:04 PM
he was wrong you see!

ZorroAMG
07-07-2008, 10:27 PM
this is actually a great thread. Too bad an '08 thought of it.

NRGie
07-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
this is actually a great thread. Too bad an '08 thought of it.
:dunno: was just curious

rice_balls
07-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Chewing gun?? :rofl: I looked in this thread looking for an answer for how you can chew a gun...

Kloubek
07-08-2008, 12:24 AM
I'm sure you CAN. You can eat newspaper as well, but I wouldn't see what would incline you to do so.

The_Rural_Juror
07-09-2008, 10:53 AM
I need a bigger wrapper.

zipdoa
07-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Personally... I have chewed stride with the wrapper on, many a time. I was told that leaving the wrapper on makes it last longer... who knows. It does last an incredibly long time!

JordanEG6
07-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa
Personally... I have chewed stride with the wrapper on, many a time. I was told that leaving the wrapper on makes it last longer... who knows. It does last an incredibly long time!

Thank you! Nobody seems to agree on this and are skeptical.
I wrote a comparison review on this and spread it around my old office, it lasts a LONG time. Blew Excel outta the water 4:1 hahaha.

EDIT: I did this without the wrapper. That's very strange.

analbumcover
07-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

Thank you! Nobody seems to agree on this and are skeptical.
I wrote a comparison review on this and spread it around my old office, it lasts a LONG time. Blew Excel outta the water 4:1 hahaha.

EDIT: I did this without the wrapper. That's very strange.

I actually found that stride's flavour didnt last very long at all. I was very curious because of the commercials but i will never buy stride again

bobby_lu
07-09-2008, 02:32 PM
I'd say if you are chewing on someones guns you are probably a homosexual, so I would not recommend it.

I actually found that stride's flavour didnt last very long at all. I was very curious because of the commercials but i will never buy stride again

I agree, ....has some weak ass flavour just never seems to end, but definitly not great.

Eleanor
07-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by revelations

I beg to differ:

http://www.nzmaths.co.nz/PS/PSimages/SquarePegSol.gif

DID I JUST BLOW YOUR FUCKING MIND!?!?!?!?!?!?

Ukyo8
07-09-2008, 02:44 PM
:banghead:

Supa Dexta
07-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Since I first started eating my gum with the wrapper still on, I have actually switched over and started eating most of my food this way.. Fast food burgers, pizza in a box (I love a good tasting box) soup (and then I eat the bowl!) all sorts of things really..

All and all it has cut down my trash amount greatly, however it has put my plunger to more use...

b_t
07-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

I beg to differ:

I hate that saying and always point this out when people say it. "Yeah, you just need a smaller square peg."

Eleanor
07-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by b_t
I hate that saying and always point this out when people say it. "Yeah, you just need a smaller square peg."

Next time tell them they need a bigger hole :thumbsup:

alloroc
07-09-2008, 03:16 PM

I beg to differ:

You should work for Mazda in the rotary division. :angel:

em2ab
07-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Once I unwrapped something and put it in my mouth only to realize a few minutes later it had 2 wrappers on it and I was chewing with one still on. That was pretty funny.

Supa Dexta
07-09-2008, 05:05 PM

Next time tell them they need a bigger hole :thumbsup:

I bet he does, with a lisp..

"b_t
b_t is a huge fag"

:rofl:

signature7
07-09-2008, 05:38 PM
I dont like stride, wrigleys 5 is pretty good.

i've seen people eat starburst with the wrapper on but that's cause of the commercial and they dont eat it, they take it off with they're tongue. "She say he so sweet make her wanna lick the rapper So I letta lick the rapper "

IncredibleToad
07-09-2008, 05:48 PM
What the f*ck, someone must have their white rabbit candy confused with gum.

But seriously, you wouldn't wear a condom for a beej.
If she swallows, check her stool.

VWEvo
09-30-2008, 11:27 PM
It was on breakfast television this morning. I missed it and didn't hear what they said about it. Did anyone else see it?? My 16 year brother in law told me about this a year ago, so i punched him in the gut for being stupid. Please tell me I did the right thing.

tm88
09-30-2008, 11:33 PM
am i the first to notice this is a re post from about 3 months ago. Im pretty sure that thread got lengthy as well.

TeamBestBud
09-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Donmega
'TeamBestBud' eats 5 gum with the wrapper all the time, wtf

so i let her eat the rapp.. oh wait its RAPPER

sneek
09-30-2008, 11:36 PM

Did you check her stool?

hahahhahahahahhahahahhaha hahahahaahhahahahaha

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

max_boost
10-01-2008, 01:11 AM

Did you check her stool? Say what? :eek:

DGill
10-01-2008, 08:42 AM
ive chewed the wrapper for 5 a few times

treg50
10-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by rice_balls
Chewing gun?? :rofl: I looked in this thread looking for an answer for how you can chew a gun...
I thought it was about a gun that chews things but they left the packaging on the gun and they couldn't figure out how to get the packaging wrap off the gun. So I figured it was a gun that's like the Jaws of Life gun, a gun that chews metal...
:)