PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Lotus Exige

TomcoPDR
07-08-2008, 12:55 AM
I believe it is... don't see these too often.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2060.jpg http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2061.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2062.jpg http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2063.jpg

pyroza
07-08-2008, 12:56 AM
Nice car, not a fan of the red rims though

gpomp
07-08-2008, 01:13 AM
same one as this thread:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/223468/lotus-elise/

Whiley
07-08-2008, 01:15 AM
nice car, i prefer the all black :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4R5ktRNWkjA

colinxx235
07-08-2008, 10:42 AM
That kid is a fucking prick... we were leaving chinook theatre and he dropped off some slutty lookin 17yr old blonde girl then just peels it in front of 50+ people with a dumb grin on his face. Looks like a 17-19yr old punk who's parents have way way too much money....

teg_boya
07-08-2008, 10:46 AM
is it just me or are these cars becoming quite common? I see this silver Exige with black rims and yellow mirrors all the time cruising around crowfoot and another black Elise all over royal oak.

DNSRadio
07-08-2008, 10:48 AM
with the amount of money that is flowing in calgary...
this is going to be the next civic type car...( ie.. every other person will have one... or at least you will see one everywhere you go )
give it 5 years... but it will happen

no im not bashing civics.. they are good reliable cars.. just that every other car you see is civic.
thats all.

QuasarCav
07-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by DNSRadio
this is going to be the next civic type car...( ie.. every other person will have one... or at least you will see one everywhere you go )

no im not bashing civics.. they are good reliable cars.. just that every other car you see is civic.
thats all.

:banghead:

These are quite limited in production as compared to a Civic. You maybe seeing more of them due to the weather.

xrayvsn
07-08-2008, 10:52 AM

1. They are not that expensive
2. The Elise/Exige isn't really a good DD, so I don't imagine they will be as common as Civics. Our Elise is a purely summer/track car and gets put away in October.
3. The Elise/Exige is due for replacement with the Lotus Eagle in the next year or two, so no you probably won't see that many more in the next 5 years.

The Cosworth
07-08-2008, 10:53 AM
elise = $30,000 out of the US.

I think he has a point, especially with gas prices.

GT Mustang < Lotus Elise in gas mileage

GT Mustang < Lotus Elise in performance

GT Mustang < Lotus Elise in prestige

I have seen a lot of HS kids with new mustangs, maybe this is the new thing

Tomaz
07-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Met that guy at a photoshoot. i also believe that he made the money himself. Personally I don't believe it, but i trust my friend telling me what line of buisness he is in.

xrayvsn
07-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by The Cosworth
elise = $30,000 out of the US.

I think he has a point, especially with gas prices.

I have seen a lot of HS kids with new mustangs, maybe this is the new thing

They are not admissable from the US, even with the new bumper laws. I would think that at $60K for an Elise new, it brings this car past what most HS kids can afford.

gpomp
07-08-2008, 01:00 PM

thats all. that's the dumbest thing i've read in a while on here. good job. :thumbsup:

Jlude
07-09-2008, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Tomaz
Met that guy at a photoshoot. i also believe that he made the money himself. Personally I don't believe it, but i trust my friend telling me what line of buisness he is in.

This quote:

Originally posted by boxer23
I used to work at Futureshop, the owner is some 18year old kid with a rich daddy...not that theres anything wrong with that:D

also its prolly the hottest exige i've seen in person

Came from this thread...

Originally posted by gpomp
same one as this thread:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/223468/lotus-elise/

Who knows if he actually paid for it himself... but those red rims don't suit the car IMO.

nbaker00
07-09-2008, 07:03 AM
The owner of the car is a "webmaster".
Made his own gaming site and made it "big time"... Well big enough to buy a Lotus:D

badatusrnames
07-09-2008, 07:40 AM

No it won't. Not even close. As much as people have money, 95% of them won't be able to justify spending their money on something so discretionary... Not everyone that has money is a car nut. I know plenty of people that are well off and could easily afford a Ferrari if they really wanted to, but would never even consider buying one.

sxtothe240
07-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Im pretty sure he lives down the street from me.

Funny thing is...he has a driveway yet chooses not to use it.
Instead he parks on the grass BESIDE the driveway.

maybe i'll snap a picture next time i see it parked

Dumbass17
07-10-2008, 06:12 PM
there's a REALLY RAELLY hot girl that drives an orange one

A790
07-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by nbaker00
The owner of the car is a &quot;webmaster&quot;.
Made his own gaming site and made it &quot;big time&quot;... Well big enough to buy a Lotus:D
Believe it. I know who he is and what he does. I do the same thing as him, and I know guys that do seven figures a month doing what he and I do. I know that he does five figures a month off of one site.

Shrug it off if you want, or call his parents rich or whatever, it's not like he has to justify his purchases to anyone. But, jealousy is a bitch isn't it? ;)

Jlude
07-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Dumbass17

xrayvsn's wife?

C4S
07-13-2008, 10:34 AM
nice car .. very nice car .. but wrong colour ..

white is already the worst colour for Elise/Exige ..

Then Pink Spoiler ?? and pink rims?? I dont think it is Lotus factory colour .. :dunno:

Oh wait .. White with Pink ??

It must be the HELLO KITTY edition !

SO .. the driver better be a cute japanese girl!!! :rofl:

89s1
07-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by sxtothe240
Im pretty sure he lives down the street from me.

Funny thing is...he has a driveway yet chooses not to use it.
Instead he parks on the grass BESIDE the driveway.

maybe i'll snap a picture next time i see it parked

Maybe he scrapes going into the driveway so he doesnt use it.....

ClearBluewater
07-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
that's the dumbest thing i've read in a while on here. good job. :thumbsup:

I agree, complete idiot. Lotus the next civic... wow

90_Shelby
07-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17

I know her, she also has a red Viper. She tracks both of them.