PDA

View Full Version : Older iPhone, new features?

likwid
07-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Hey guys,

Due to the recent news of Rogers totally screwing Canadians over the iPhone rates and plans, I have decided to get an older iPhone running the latest firm ware. Just wondering if it will be possible to upgrade older iphones to 2.0 firmware? If not, would an older iPhone still be able to use programs that are released after iPhone 3g is out? Will GPS work on a non-3g iphone?

Thanks

tha_bandit
07-08-2008, 10:57 AM
easy to upgrade to 2.0, however you have to wait prob a week or so after its release to see how easy it is to crack....as for programs its all the same, gps is not avaliable on the older one since there is no gps module built in.

szw
07-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by tha_bandit
easy to upgrade to 2.0, however you have to wait prob a week or so after its release to see how easy it is to crack....as for programs its all the same, gps is not avaliable on the older one since there is no gps module built in.

2.0 is already cracked for older iPhones.

tha_bandit
07-09-2008, 10:29 AM
^^not the release version yet, older betas had been, I'm sure it'll only be a day or so though

tha_bandit
07-10-2008, 02:11 PM
update:

here we are, seems all good to go for 2.0
appstore, installer, cydia.....all the apps u can possibly want + unlocked (look at the carrier) :thumbsup:

http://xs1.iphwn.org/video_assets/IMG_0004.PNG

beyondmike
07-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by likwid
Hey guys,

Due to the recent news of Rogers totally screwing Canadians over the iPhone rates and plans, I have decided to get an older iPhone running the latest firm ware. Just wondering if it will be possible to upgrade older iphones to 2.0 firmware? If not, would an older iPhone still be able to use programs that are released after iPhone 3g is out? Will GPS work on a non-3g iphone?

Thanks

data rates look okay now, theres a promo out for 6gb of data for $30. not bad compared to thier first crack at pricing:eek:

Lagerstatten.ca
07-10-2008, 03:43 PM
http://gizmodo.com/5023971/iphone-os-20-unlocked-yes

Confirmed unlocked for iPhone OS 2.0 Firmware :)