PDA

View Full Version : OOP inspection double jeopardy?

Antonito
07-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Long story short: bought a car in BC, had it insured there for several years, brought it to Alberta, did the OOP inspection, insured it here for a couple years, now going back to BC, will it require another OOP inspection?

TomcoPDR
07-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Yes

It's like a gold digger divorcing husband #1, she re-marries and screws over husband #2... now if she goes back to husband #1 and divorces him a second time, she's entitled to another 50% of his $$$.

The Cosworth
07-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

It's like a gold digger divorcing husband #1, she re-marries and screws over husband #2... now if she goes back to husband #1 and divorces him a second time, she's entitled to another 50% of his $$$.

want to make a rant thread? :dunno:

Antonito
07-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Ah, bummer

On kind of the same topic, had a class 7 license in BC (the New Driver designation), came to Alberta, got a class 5 license automatically, when I go back, what do I get, class 5 or 7?

Jlude
07-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Yes

I love your outlook on life Tom!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Eleanor
07-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Antonito
On kind of the same topic, had a class 7 license in BC (the New Driver designation), came to Alberta, got a class 5 license automatically, when I go back, what do I get, class 5 or 7?

Is class 7 in BC like class 7 here where you need someone else with a higher license in the car with you?

Antonito
07-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor

Is class 7 in BC like class 7 here where you need someone else with a higher license in the car with you?

No, that's still just a learners permit, same as here.

In BC it goes:

learners (Just like an Albertan learners), I have no idea what class this is considered

New Driver/class 7 (zero alcohol tolerance, any demerits and they suspend your license, no more than 4 people in the car or something like that)

Drivers license/class 5 (normal)

arian_ma
07-09-2008, 10:01 AM
The class 7 in BC is equivalent to a class 5 in AB, but under GDL conditions. Though I am not sure which license you would get when you move back.