PDA

View Full Version : Any from Lloydminster?

Euro_Trash
07-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Might have to do some time in the field around Lloyd in the future, so I am just wondering if there are certain parts of the town to avoid living in. Is there a good place to find places to rent in Lloyd?

broken_legs
07-11-2008, 02:55 AM
Ahhhh Lloyd

I worked in that area for a while.

You will know pretty quickly which areas are nice, and which are not.

Do NOT buy anything north of the train tracks.
Do NOT buy anything East of the Alberta Border.

You'll know what I mean when you get there. ;)

But if you want a really nice house, I suggest looking for something in Onion Lake.

rinny
08-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Not looking to buy a house, if I ended up working there i'd just want to rent a room or basement suite, just so I can bank the cash.

What are housing/rental prices like out there? I was told they may be a little high due to oil activity...Interview is on monday, guess i'll check out the town while im there and see what you're talkin about

RoGZ
08-07-2008, 01:33 PM
onion lake....ahahahahha classic, how about pine lake little more east just as much class

grew up there got out as soon as i could

broken_legs
08-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by RoGZ
onion lake....ahahahahha classic, how about pine lake little more east just as much class

Well he said he wants cheap rent... I bet you could just move into one of those derelict houses for free!

Graham_A_M
08-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by broken_legs

Do NOT buy anything north of the train tracks.
Do NOT buy anything East of the Alberta Border.

You'll know what I mean when you get there. ;)

But if you want a really nice house, I suggest looking for something in Onion Lake.
Word. I lived there for a while when I was a kid.

Anything (far) east of downtown is pretty iffy.
boring little town, nothing to do really. Except drugs, and drinking. :dunno:

rinny
08-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Sweet I love drugs and drinking

realazy
08-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Hey, I'm in Lloydminster right now doing internship with Husky hahah.

I'm just staying at the residence of Lakeland College here, they rent out to students doing internship or summer terms as well as people just here to do field work.

The rent is $400 a month, there's 8 rooms in a house and 2 bathrooms, you share the kitchen and living room. If you move in now, you'll probably be in the same residence as me lol.

As for things to do, it's really quiet, most people in the residence are from nearby towns so they usually go home on their days off. The college is right by a park so if you like outdoor sports and stuff you can go there. There's a golf course in the city as well.

btw, which company are you looking to work for?

If you have questions about the residence you can pm me.

I'll be here till December.

RoGZ
08-08-2008, 03:57 PM
do they still have the tree maze at Bud Miller park?

Originally posted by realazy
Hey, I'm in Lloydminster right now doing internship with Husky hahah.

I'm just staying at the residence of Lakeland College here, they rent out to students doing internship or summer terms as well as people just here to do field work.

The rent is $400 a month, there's 8 rooms in a house and 2 bathrooms, you share the kitchen and living room. If you move in now, you'll probably be in the same residence as me lol.

As for things to do, it's really quiet, most people in the residence are from nearby towns so they usually go home on their days off. The college is right by a park so if you like outdoor sports and stuff you can go there. There's a golf course in the city as well.

btw, which company are you looking to work for?

If you have questions about the residence you can pm me.

I'll be here till December.

realazy
08-08-2008, 04:16 PM
I really don't know, I haven't made my way out to explore bud miller park yet. :dunno: