PDA

View Full Version : NSX anyone on here?

ekguy
07-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Yeah we were going to McDonald's and this guy ended up there too haha. Swear to god we weren't following you we were in the stratus haha. Anyways here it is.

If it's anyone on here clean ride for sure.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/Gravy_83/cell%20phone%20pics/Photo-0001.jpg

Proboscis
07-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Don't see thoses around anymore. I would definitely rock that ride.

dj_rice
07-09-2008, 10:04 PM
So it was you......and are you gay??Was wondering why you parked right beside me and exposed your moob to me..:confused::dunno: :barf:

em2ab
07-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Saw that guy downtown yesterday, he was ruining his interior with a cigarette. :barf:

ekguy
07-09-2008, 10:11 PM
ummm moob??? nah. Nice ride though.

adam c
07-09-2008, 10:29 PM
saw a red nsx with black rims pulled over on highway 2 south bound by 3 cop cars last week.. (south of edmonton)

think it might be a member here?

dj_rice
07-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by adam c
saw a red nsx with black rims pulled over on highway 2 south bound by 3 cop cars last week.. (south of edmonton)

That might be 95EagleAWD

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/95EagleAWD/Last%20day%202007/DSC01317.jpg

Jlude
07-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

That might be 95EagleAWD

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Probably.

RATM
07-10-2008, 02:08 AM
rofl @ above

Eleanor
07-10-2008, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by adam c

Bwah haha, busted :rofl:

A790
07-10-2008, 10:28 AM
I love that red NSX. If I had somewhere to put it I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

95EagleAWD
07-12-2008, 10:46 AM

That might be 95EagleAWD

It certainly was. Walked away with $500 bucks in tickets for speeding, exhaust and tint.

:(

RATM
07-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

It certainly was. Walked away with $500 bucks in tickets for speeding, exhaust and tint.

why 3 cop cars?!

teg_boya
07-12-2008, 10:59 AM

did they slash your tint with a knife?

403Gemini
07-12-2008, 11:27 AM
I think if i ever got a "exotic sports car" it'd be an NSX. Not the fastest, but man do they turn heads, they're so rare!

Senseiz
07-12-2008, 11:50 AM
I saw a red NSX near Eau Claire a few months ago. Took a quick picture. Does it belong to anyone here?

95EagleAWD
07-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by RATM

why 3 cop cars?!

Sheriff's have an inferiority complex? Dunno!

Originally posted by teg_boya

did they slash your tint with a knife?

Nope.

Originally posted by 403Gemini
I think if i ever got a "exotic sports car" it'd be an NSX. Not the fastest, but man do they turn heads, they're so rare!

Mine's for sale. :)

Canmorite
07-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Saw it on Southland & Bonaventure. Loving the black!

Cody D
07-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

They are also reliable, my friend just bought a 355 and it's been in the shop more than in his garage, my NSX was bullet proof. As for fast, Brent in Calgary is running 500hp at the wheels with his Turbo NSX.

RJMcMillan
07-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Cody D

They are also reliable, my friend just bought a 355 and it's been in the shop more than in his garage, my NSX was bullet proof. As for fast, Brent in Calgary is running 500hp at the wheels with his Turbo NSX.

Hey Cody,
Have you picked anything else up yet?

Ryan,
Didn't you just get home? You must have been going through car withdrawl or something. Those sheriffs sure aren't the most friendly folk.

soloracer
07-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Cody,

I've heard lots of stories about 355's costing a fortune to maintain. Just go to www.nsxfiles.com and read about all the stuff that went on Doug Hayashi's 355 - and he has an NSX race car.

As for the Sheriff's, I got pulled over in the NSX the other day for doing 123 in a 100 zone and the officer just gave me a warning. As he was walking back to his car he said "Nice Car". Goes to show that they aren't all bad.

RJMcMillan
07-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by soloracer
Cody,

I've heard lots of stories about 355's costing a fortune to maintain. Just go to www.nsxfiles.com and read about all the stuff that went on Doug Hayashi's 355 - and he has an NSX race car.

As for the Sheriff's, I got pulled over in the NSX the other day for doing 123 in a 100 zone and the officer just gave me a warning. As he was walking back to his car he said "Nice Car". Goes to show that they aren't all bad.

You must got one of the nice ones. Can't believe he didn't write you up. I got pulled over on HWY40 not doing anything and had the sheriff yell at me for a couple of minutes. Said my car was like a police magnet. Was right after that ZR video thing.

Cody D
07-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by RJMcMillan
Hey Cody,
Have you picked anything else up yet?

So far I've just bought a sportbike, I've been thinking of a lot of things, right now I kind of want a Caterham.

RJMcMillan
07-12-2008, 06:26 PM

So far I've just bought a sportbike, I've been thinking of a lot of things, right now I kind of want a Caterham.

You need more toys :)

soloracer
07-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by RJMcMillan

You must got one of the nice ones. Can't believe he didn't write you up. I got pulled over on HWY40 not doing anything and had the sheriff yell at me for a couple of minutes. Said my car was like a police magnet. Was right after that ZR video thing.

Maybe he recognized me from Bullrun. Figured we got stopped enough for one week. ;)

95EG6P
07-12-2008, 08:17 PM
That's a sick car

Originally posted by Senseiz
I saw a red NSX near Eau Claire a few months ago. Took a quick picture. Does it belong to anyone here?

Graham_A_M
07-12-2008, 08:18 PM
how much do you want for your NSX? (just curious)

Hakkola
07-12-2008, 08:39 PM

Mine's for sale. :)

Link?

Kloubek
07-12-2008, 08:42 PM
I really like it in black.

I have to say - I've loved the NSX from day one. Even when it first came out it wasn't the fastest, but it was pretty damn impressive. And with a turbo? My god - that is a car from heaven.

IMO, the body is one of the most gorgeous designs ever on a car.

95EagleAWD
07-13-2008, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Link?

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/223442/fs-1991-acura-nsx/

soobad
07-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi guys, the guy in the OP's picture is me.

The car is for sale in the marketplace :(

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/226738/fs-93-nsx-black-black-coupe-immaculate-condition/

And no, it has never been smoked in, and the car has only been to Calgary downtown once or twice so perhaps a different one that the other guy saw?

Thanks for the compliments on the car! :angel:

ekguy
07-23-2008, 01:13 AM
bahahah awesome. I was the guy in the Stratus that probably seemed like it was following you haha. Me and the gf we're just heading to McD's haha.

alloroc
07-23-2008, 08:44 AM

That might be 95EagleAWD

Grrrr!

That *looks* like the same car that almost crashed into my wife and I head on on piegan last month. He pulled out and passed someone the wife had to swerve to the right to miss him.

msommers
07-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Has anyone seen that baby blue NSX in town? What a horrid color! Sorry if the owner is on here but damn man :(

soobad
07-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
bahahah awesome. I was the guy in the Stratus that probably seemed like it was following you haha. Me and the gf we're just heading to McD's haha.

Yeah I vaguely remember you! Next time wave :)

I go there (and to shawnessy) every day - love the new iced coffees. I'm sometimes in a White NSX instead of a black one...

Originally posted by msommers
Has anyone seen that baby blue NSX in town? What a horrid color! Sorry if the owner is on here but damn man :(

I saw it parked at South Center a while ago, it's definitely... unique. I mean, I kinda feel it ruins the car, but then again, it's very well done and the paint and car are both very, very close to perfect...

I guess it's not as bad as a Pink Lambo :D

ekguy
07-23-2008, 02:15 PM
I'll wave next time for sure haha. I'm in Shawnessy each and every day considering I work at the Moxie's there haha. But yeah nice car though. Do you have a white one as well?

95EagleAWD
07-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by alloroc

Grrrr!

That *looks* like the same car that almost crashed into my wife and I head on on piegan last month. He pulled out and passed someone the wife had to swerve to the right to miss him.

Wasn't me. I'd never been to Pigeon before that weekend.

And I don't own the car anymore, so I'm not responsible for shenanigans of the new owners... :p

soobad
07-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
I'll wave next time for sure haha. I'm in Shawnessy each and every day considering I work at the Moxie's there haha. But yeah nice car though. Do you have a white one as well?

Cool... you a cook? Yup, that would be me.

ekguy
07-24-2008, 07:24 PM
nah man I serve tables during college. Figured it's a good way to make decent income while not working long hours so I can still study. I see lot's of nice cars on my way to work most days but yours was one of the nicest I've seen in Shawnessy. Something about NSX's is soooo nice. Even 95awdEagle's was super nice.

One day maybe haha. Anyone ever spotted some newer ones out here. like late 90's early 00's?

soobad
07-25-2008, 05:32 PM
I parked beside a newer version (2002+ ) Red NSX in the Earl's on Mcleode underground parking this morning around lunchtime. Looked dirty and scratched up rims, but still a gorgeous car. I think the plate was "SLURP E" ... whatever that means. :D

Jlude
07-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by soobad
I parked beside a newer version (2002+ ) Red NSX in the Earl's on Mcleode underground parking this morning around lunchtime. Looked dirty and scratched up rims, but still a gorgeous car. I think the plate was "SLURP E" ... whatever that means. :D

means he made the money to buy the car by selling SLURPEES?

just a wild guess

bashir26
07-25-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by soobad

I'm pretty sure that NSX lives like 2min away from me. I see him all the time.

lint
07-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Senseiz

Followed this car down Crowchild this morning from the NW. The cf wing is huge and the license plate made me chuckle. Asian guy driving it "MOCHEEN"

teg_boya
07-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by lint

Followed this car down Crowchild this morning from the NW. The cf wing is huge and the license plate made me chuckle. Asian guy driving it "MOCHEEN"

haha ya i followed him from Macmahon (sp?) stadium to stoney trail. The car looks good but that cf wing is HUGE

Cody D
07-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by lint

He's a good guy, he's come out to some of the NSX meets, he bought the car like that but when he bought it there were Gold rims on it, his new rims look much better. He's selling it last time I heard. The car is left hand drive but he imported it from Japan if I remember correctly. Soloracer or RJMcMillan might remember the cars strange history better than me.

Redlyne_mr2
07-29-2008, 06:31 PM
The pricing on these things hasnt changed since I was looking for one 10 years ago lol. Always been one of my favorite cars.

lint
07-29-2008, 07:40 PM

He's a good guy, he's come out to some of the NSX meets, he bought the car like that but when he bought it there were Gold rims on it, his new rims look much better. He's selling it last time I heard. The car is left hand drive but he imported it from Japan if I remember correctly. Soloracer or RJMcMillan might remember the cars strange history better than me.

Don't get me wrong, very nice and clean car, and the new rims are very nice, deep dish on the rear. But I still think the wing is huge, and I love the plate.

Chopstixx
08-01-2008, 01:31 PM

hahaha thats so funny, that car was messed, the power steering didnt work, needed new brake's and belts, and when we first took it off the trailer it needed a very hardcore detailing. but we took care of it.

ya we imported it from japan for about $28, the guy bought it for 36 im sure. i woulda kept it but i knew in the future it would cost me alot of money to fix up, plus couldnt modd it much or drive it everyday. it was a head turner tho, loved the wing. didnt get to meet the guy who the car was sold to my uncle sold it to emm. first thing the guy did i hear was take it to speed tech and show off,

95EagleAWD
08-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Chopstixx

hahaha thats so funny, that car was messed, the power steering didnt work, needed new brake's and belts, and when we first took it off the trailer it needed a very hardcore detailing. but we took care of it.

ya we imported it from japan for about $28, the guy bought it for 36 im sure. i woulda kept it but i knew in the future it would cost me alot of money to fix up, plus couldnt modd it much or drive it everyday. it was a head turner tho, loved the wing. didnt get to meet the guy who the car was sold to my uncle sold it to emm. first thing the guy did i hear was take it to speed tech and show off,

Unless it's an auto, NSXs don't have power steering.

Might be why it didn't work.

Chopstixx
08-02-2008, 01:08 PM
^^^^ it wasnt auto
it had the smallest shifter ive ever seen
the gears were very close so it would be easy to miss a gear with it..
but i still would love having one

95EagleAWD
08-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Chopstixx
^^^^ it wasnt auto
it had the smallest shifter ive ever seen
the gears were very close so it would be easy to miss a gear with it..
but i still would love having one

Well then it doesn't have power steering, so there's no way for it to not be working.

And the tranny was great. I never missed a shift in the NSX. The S2Ks is even tighter and I was a hamfist for a day or two.