PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Made 2 Ride (M2R) Jackets

isnatt
07-10-2008, 11:19 PM
I found a Made 2 Ride (M2R) Jacket at pro-am and calgary motorsports and was wondering if anyone has experience with them?

facetious
07-23-2008, 06:21 PM
I bought one a little while ago, and I have a friend that has had two. I went with M2R because I was looking to save a little money and wanted to get a touring textile jacket with a lot of features and versatility. My friend seems reasonably happy with his, but I ended up buying a replacement.

I think they make a good product for a cheap price.

I have the RallyCross Evo M2R jacket. I bought it new off of ebay. It seems to be of reasonable quality, but not of the same quality as some of the higher end jackets. Parts or features of the jacket are really good, and then there are other aspects of the jacket that are merely cost savings shortcuts. Like a rubber/plastic waterproof liner (i.e. non breathable). In the month that I wore the jacket, one of loops that holds in the water proof lining tore. This is a quick fix, 5 min with a needle and thread. I also noticed that the right arm material began to fuzz as if it had been rubbing against something abrasive. Not a whole lot, but it was there none the less. I was prepared to live with the jacket, but I knew I would need to make some upgrades to be happy with its functionality/performance. I wanted to get a goretex jacket to wear under because the rubber liner would just make me cook and perspire in weather that really wasn't that hot, if the rainfall stopped mid ride. I also wanted to upgrade to CE armor. I figured out what it would cost me to add these additions and it ended up being ~$80 more to get a brand new coat of higher quality that had all the features I was looking to improve upon.

So now I have a second motorcycle jacket that might prove useful as a spare, or I may give it my dad if he ends up learning how to ride. Realistically though, I will probably never use it again. So if someone was interested, I could probably let it go for around ~$100 (cost me a bit more than $200). It is a large and is black and red. It is a good coat, but I am looking at doing a long trip (~30 days - so comfort and breathability would be important) on my bike and it just made more sense to buy another coat with all the needed features for slightly more than what it would take to upgrade this one to meet my needs.

Hope this helps.