PDA

View Full Version : Box and amp combo

pinoyhero
08-31-2003, 08:14 PM
I'm looking to add a little boom to my ride but I just want to strt out by getting a box with a sub or two, bolt an amp to it and throw it in the trunk. I dont want to spend that much and I've been out of this market for a little while. I want higher quality stuff but I dont know what to get. Ofcourse in all of the futureshop/sounsaround fliers they have 3 or 4 different combos, but which ones are good? Please help.

omar_allibhai
08-31-2003, 09:33 PM
i'm selling my subs and amp (not the deck), and the prices are negotiable.
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17671

nickopolis
08-31-2003, 10:50 PM
go to a place and ask to hear the different combinations. Thats what i did when i bought my second stereo and was actually looking for something with some quality sound(within my budget)

the guys will bend over backwards if they think there gonna make a sale(as they should) and hey if you like what you hear they will get the sale.

Weapon_R
09-01-2003, 01:07 AM
Are you looking for sound quality or just some loud subs? You can even have both, but you have got to be willing to spend the $$

pinoyhero
09-01-2003, 08:46 AM
Guys I'm more interested in buying new...no offense Omar. My car has a fairly decent 170Watt Bose system with a sub and the quality is great. So what I'm after is something with quality however I want it to be loud enough to feel and hear a real difference. Any recommendations. Things sound so much diferent in a show room than in a car.

Where would you start shopping?
How much do you think I need to spend?
2x8, 1x10, 2x10, 1x12, 1x15?
Any specific suggestions?
What kind of money do you think I need?
How much is this going to cost to get intalled?
-it is cheaper to get a standard box than to have one built right?

Weapon_R
09-01-2003, 02:51 PM
For reasonably priced SQ subs, try some MTX 6000s or JL 10W0's. Both are about 150-160 each, and they produce some great sound. For tight responsive bass, you would go for 2 10's, as they are the best all around.

It's much cheaper to get a standard box than to have one built in, but a built in box looks so much better.

omar_allibhai
09-01-2003, 05:27 PM
Yeah as a suggestion only go for a 15" if all you want in mad power, but dont expenct really responsive base. If the base line is too fast all a 15" will do is rumble.
My suggestion is 2 10".

civiclvr
09-02-2003, 10:45 AM
yeah stick with 10s. great bass if ya power them well and can be very tight! as for one or two... it'd say 2 but you could always buy one really good one and a better amp to pound it out! comes down to your choice!

That.Guy.S30
09-02-2003, 12:20 PM
or just use 1 12?
i have a infinty kappa perfect and i wouldnt give that sub up for anything. as for deals, your best bet is to look around, check prices, check reviews on the internet but most importantly go listen to it yourslef to see what YOU like better.

pinoyhero
09-02-2003, 06:01 PM
Alright guys thanks for the info. As mentioned I'm not looking to get into something that's "competition" grade but I do want some clean thump. How much do you think my budget has to be, I think I'll try for two JL 10s with a decent amp first. Do these ever come in premade boxes? Premade seems to cut down on costs if buying a package deal.