PDA

View Full Version : Avoid LandMark Homes

Rx7Turbo
07-12-2008, 01:08 AM
If you are thinking about purchasing a house from Landmark Homes I would strongly urge you to reconsider.

I took possession of my new place 15 months ago and I am still waiting on them to fix things from the origional walk through let along the walk through that was conducted a year after possession.

I found the moment after you take possession of your house the customer service goes from decent to extremely poor. Not even a complaint with the BBB solves anything.

There are so many other good builders out there I would recommend finding one that will at least treat you well after you have given them your money

black_2.5RS
07-12-2008, 07:01 AM
Where did you build? I was thinking of building w/ them.

Davetronz
07-12-2008, 09:20 AM
I think that is common with most builders in Calgary right now. The economy and construction industries are moving so fast that it is almost impossible to keep up with the labor to complete these warranty jobs.

NewLextasy
07-12-2008, 09:25 AM
I have a Reid built house and the two problems i had got fixed with in a week of complaining!!

I would use them again!

prodigydud
07-12-2008, 09:36 AM
Would definitely like to know where you built. As I recently inked a deal with Landmark.

What kind of deficiencies were outstanding? were they major issues or smaller/low priority issues?

As well, my experience with building my condo, I find that you'll get more progress with the trades staff if you are really courteous and polite (even if you feel like ripping the guy's head off). The onsite manager even gave me his cell phone number if I needed anything else fixed. He said I was the only guy who wasn't spazzin'. :thumbsup:

old&slow
07-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Davetronz
I think that is common with most builders in Calgary right now. The economy and construction industries are moving so fast that it is almost impossible to keep up with the labor to complete these warranty jobs.

Construction has dropped off considerably...I would think that's not an excuse anymore. Plus if these guys want to compete they need to get their shit together!

Bimmer88
07-12-2008, 09:41 AM
The BBB is a joke... for both consumers, and business owners.

and thanks for the tips!

VWEvo
07-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by prodigydud
Would definitely like to know where you built. As I recently inked a deal with Landmark.

What kind of deficiencies were outstanding? were they major issues or smaller/low priority issues?

As well, my experience with building my condo, I find that you'll get more progress with the trades staff if you are really courteous and polite (even if you feel like ripping the guy's head off). The onsite manager even gave me his cell phone number if I needed anything else fixed. He said I was the only guy who wasn't spazzin'. :thumbsup:

Wow, I thought after everyone tried to talk you out of it, you would have reconsidered. :eek: :eek:

Hope everything goes alot better than everyone I know who's built recently with Landmark!!

prodigydud
07-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by VWEvo

Wow, I thought after everyone tried to talk you out of it, you would have reconsidered. :eek: :eek:

Hope everything goes alot better than everyone I know who's built recently with Landmark!!

Yeah, I know. But we really liked the community, lot location and home design.

Based on what I've seen, every builder will have its positive and negative experiences.

As well, dealing with Arend has been great so far. He's very sincere and doesn't play any games or provide excuses. For example, there was a last minute rebate to close prior to June. I thought he was just trying to push me to close the deal. After I had sign, he included the original email that he had received from his head office indicating the rebate. So, no sales ploy there.

But, I'm a bit concerned about service post possession. I guess we'll see when the time comes. ;)

autosm
07-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Bimmer88

and thanks for the tips!

very true

Rx7Turbo
07-13-2008, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by black_2.5RS
Where did you build? I was thinking of building w/ them.

Built out in Chestermere

Rx7Turbo
07-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Bimmer88

Very true. BBB was no use what so ever

Masked Bandit
07-13-2008, 06:59 AM
When we built our current home, I did quite a bit of research on the different builders and still got phucked in the end. I really have to wonder if there are any good builders for new homes in regular communities (and please, don't start listing off companies that build million dollar estate homes).