PDA

View Full Version : Frozen blackberries?

2EFNFAST
07-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Does anybody know where you can buy bags of frozen blackberries, or alternatively, blackberries/raspberries/blueberries together?

I know lots of stores (e.g., Superstore) have them, but they're always packaged with stawberries. Don't want strawberries, esp. since they weigh down the bag with them!

Amysicle
07-12-2008, 09:34 PM
http://www.europesbest.com/en_ca/products.php

Europe's Best seems to do bags of blueberries and raspberries seperately. No blackberries though. Their four-berry mix has blackberries and strawberries. Too bad.

dino_martini
07-12-2008, 09:46 PM
I remember Safeway has a bag of mixed berries. Im sure there are blackberries in there, but I don't remember if there are strawberries. Its weird I have not seen one bag of just frozen blackberries. And I've looked every where. If you find some please pass it along :)

sl888
07-12-2008, 10:01 PM
I use to get mine at Superstore. Blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries in a huge bag for like $9. But the last few times I've gone they only had separate bags for each.
I believe Co-op has separate bags for blueberries.

dj_rice
07-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Costco has them or even M & M Meatshop

lelalong
07-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Costco FTW! The bag is massive and cheap. The berries are great and huge! Europe's Best are pretty bad I heard and pricey what the small amount you get.

anarchy
07-13-2008, 12:05 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about cell phones...

ajooo
07-13-2008, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by anarchy
I thought this thread was going to be about cell phones...

haha wtf.

2EFNFAST
07-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by sl888
I use to get mine at Superstore. Blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries in a huge bag for like $9. But the last few times I've gone they only had separate bags for each.
I believe Co-op has separate bags for blueberries.

Those are the bags I bought - when I found them a ?year? ago I bought 30 of them and jammed my freezer full!

Unfortunately it seems they've discontinued that and are using their own crappy mix (with strawberries, bleh!)

Originally posted by lelalong
Costco FTW! The bag is massive and cheap. The berries are great and huge! Europe's Best are pretty bad I heard and pricey what the small amount you get.

Do the costco ones have strawberries mixed in as well? Lots of stores have their own 4-berry mix, but they always have strawberries, and i jsut want a 3-berry mix (black/blue/rasp)!

dj_rice
07-13-2008, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
Do the costco ones have strawberries mixed in as well? Lots of stores have their own 4-berry mix, but they always have strawberries, and i jsut want a 3-berry mix (black/blue/rasp)!

The Costco ones just have blackberries, blueberries and raspberries, individually quick frozen and already washed, ready to eat...I took a picture for you to prooove it

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/djrice123/DSCN0070.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/djrice123/DSCN0069.jpg

lelalong
07-13-2008, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

The Costco ones just have blackberries, blueberries and raspberries, individually quick frozen and already washed, ready to eat...I took a picture for you to prooove it

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/djrice123/DSCN0070.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/djrice123/DSCN0069.jpg

Did you take that pic with the berries on your laundry basket?

Amysicle
07-13-2008, 12:39 AM
M&M Meatshops actually does not have any, just strawberries and raspberries. But it looks like Costco is the winner.

I've never tried Europe's Best. They were in the parking lot of Safeway today which brought it up to mind.

Also, at Costco I bought this awesome bag of frozen pineapple, but I haven't seen it since. What gives? I was hoping at the very least it'd be a summer thing.

dj_rice
07-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Amysicle
M&M Meatshops actually does not have any, just strawberries and raspberries. But it looks like Costco is the winner.

I've never tried Europe's Best. They were in the parking lot of Safeway today which brought it up to mind.

Also, at Costco I bought this awesome bag of frozen pineapple, but I haven't seen it since. What gives? I was hoping at the very least it'd be a summer thing.

Actually M & M does have a berry mix but its strawberries,blackberries,raspberries and blueberrys

2EFNFAST
07-13-2008, 11:22 AM
Looks like it's time to get a Costco membership! (that's how much I hate strawberries, hehe!)

bball2
07-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Superstore, I think 1kg was like 11$ a few weeks ago

2EFNFAST
07-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by bball2
Superstore, I think 1kg was like 11$ a few weeks ago

They havn't acrried the 2kg bags for a while now..........

GenerationX
07-13-2008, 06:17 PM
What's wrong with strawberries?

Amysicle
07-13-2008, 06:40 PM
^^^ Strawberries are cheap filler that are usually too tart anyways.

Actually M & M does have a berry mix but its strawberries,blackberries,raspberries and blueberrys

Missed that. Good eye.

2EFNFAST
07-13-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by GenerationX
What's wrong with strawberries?

Taste like ass and they load up the bag with them as a cheap filler so they don't have to put a lot of the good shit in.

lelalong
07-14-2008, 12:01 AM
The bag of strawberries from costco (same brand as the berry mix) are good too. No ass taste. Unless you like that. And somehow you know what ass tastes like............. :dunno:

schocker
07-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Yah +1 on the costco ones. I was using them for making smoothies and energies drinks and such and they tasted great and were of high quality.

Bboy_8701
07-14-2008, 05:12 PM
smoothies are for pussies

dj_rice
07-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Bboy_8701
smoothies are for pussies

Same with Edmontonians

Originally posted by schocker
Yah +1 on the costco ones. I was using them for making smoothies and energies drinks and such and they tasted great and were of high quality.

:werd: I do that too but damn those blackberry seeds are huge, my blender wont break down those seeds so I end up chewing them while I drink

schocker
07-14-2008, 08:20 PM
:werd: I do that too but damn those blackberry seeds are huge, my blender wont break down those seeds so I end up chewing them while I drink
that just means you have to go back to costco and get a vitamix :thumbsup:

szw
07-14-2008, 08:30 PM
What else do you use these for besides making drinks?

schocker
07-14-2008, 08:35 PM
fruit salads or regular salads, i dont know what else i would use them on:dunno: or perhaps cocktails or something

2EFNFAST
07-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Yaaay, went to Cosco and they had them. 2kg, $9.99 - no strawberries. Bought 3 crates worth (each crate had 9 bags).

Hehe, but I've never shopped at a place like Costco before - I didn't realize they didn't take Visa, so I was fumbling around looking for my AMEX card, couldn't find it so I figured I'd just write a cheque, and was told 'sorry, we can't take your cheque because you've taken too long - we're timed here'.

Timed as a cachier? Lol, that must suck :rofl:

dj_rice
07-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Your welcome and usually be on the lookout for the coupon books, cause when I bought those berries, I had a $3 off coupon and Costco is the shit and sometimes much cheaper on certain stuff than others

2EFNFAST
07-25-2008, 11:06 PM
Your welcome and usually be on the lookout for the coupon books, cause when I bought those berries, I had a $3 off coupon and Costco is the shit and sometimes much cheaper on certain stuff than others

Thanks! =)

coupons are good :drool:

gqmw
07-25-2008, 11:09 PM
safeway sells them I believe, coop as well.