PDA

View Full Version : HPF turbo E46 M3 in crowfoot..is he on beyond?

Freebs
07-13-2008, 02:12 AM
Just wondering if any one knows a guy who may possibly live in the NW, crowfoot area with a black (I think, it was dark out so it could have been a dark blue) vert E46 M3 with a HPF turbo kit? I cant remember where he said he bought the turbo kit from but more so I am wondering if you know him, or if he is on here, I would love to see some pictures of the engine bay and such. It sounded unbelievable and that was even over the exhaust of my bike and a helmet on.

Any way the whole purpose of this post is just to see if he is on here or if some one knows him to see if i could get some more info on the kit and or some pictures :P. I was the guy who was on the black R6 talking to you at the lights.

And think after hearing and seeing this thing haul ass, I think it has defiantly think it has me leaning more towards the turbo kit for the m3 :P

oh and I am wondering if there was any internal engine work done or if this was all on the stock engine?

dj_rice
07-13-2008, 02:14 AM
rage2

gpomp
07-13-2008, 02:14 AM
i think he owns beyond.ca

Freebs
07-13-2008, 02:31 AM
oh really? Well he seemed like an awesome guy, not like a lot of guys with high end cars when you ask them about their car and they kind of just shrug you off, he was a good guy to talk to, we didn’t have too long to talk since we were at the lights ready to turn onto crowchild, but none the less it was a very nice car. I think I am going to have to hold off on the wheels/looks on the M3 and going straight to throwing on a HPF turbo kit ahah so much for getting rid of the highly modified unreliable cars to get a cat that would stay reliable and “stock”.

blinkme_210
07-13-2008, 09:23 AM
All you need to know about rage2's HPF Stage 2 Turbo kit. (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/219852/my-quotnewquot-car-750hp/)

rage2
07-13-2008, 09:47 AM
haha ya that was me. Shoot me a PM if you wanna check the car out more closely. I'm free till Tuesday, then I'm taking the car on a long vacation :).

I still haven't refilled on meth... if you thought the thing was fast last night, wait till you see 'er after it's topped up with meth. Another 200hp, and even crazier BOV sounds haha.

ZorroAMG
07-13-2008, 10:11 AM
I was going down Macleod last week heading south and you were heading north....all I did was HEAR the damn thing and rear viewed, saw it was a black cabrio and went "Holy Fawk Rage, that thing is a monster!"

I talk to myself frequently.

GQBalla
07-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Josh Freeborn -

weak sauce - lol Rage2's car is so sick

Canmorite
07-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
I was going down Macleod last week heading south and you were heading north....all I did was HEAR the damn thing and rear viewed, saw it was a black cabrio and went "Holy Fawk Rage, that thing is a monster!"

Same. Seen it on Macleod a couple mornings now.

Freebs
07-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by rage2
haha ya that was me. Shoot me a PM if you wanna check the car out more closely. I'm free till Tuesday, then I'm taking the car on a long vacation :).

I still haven't refilled on meth... if you thought the thing was fast last night, wait till you see 'er after it's topped up with meth. Another 200hp, and even crazier BOV sounds haha.

I can only imagine what it would be like if you were running the meth. on it. that stuff works wonders on boosted vehicals, I run it on my car as well my old man runs it on his GNX and probably will be running it on the vette this year if he takes it to 1100hp
did you have to do any thing internal to the engine to have it hold the power? because if I am picking up say a 03 M3 with 60,000miles on it, I am worried its going to pack it in when I throw a turbo kit on it. any way I pm'd you, and I will bug you with questions later on.

Originally posted by GQBalla
Josh Freeborn -

weak sauce - lol Rage2's car is so sick

ahah thanks for that wong, :P soon enough i too will be rocking the turbocharged M3.. I told the parents I was going to be leaving it stock so i didnt have all the problems like my current car ahah but apparently that wont be happening

It defiantly is a very nice car; I personally couldn’t do the vert top only because I drive it all year round, but if it was a summer only car I would be all over getting a vert.

RATM
07-16-2008, 09:48 AM
man thats an expensive kit, but it looks like you get high quality parts and is really really flush and clean in the engine bay. And the numbers that HPF kit puts out are unreal!

E36M3
07-16-2008, 10:42 AM
The sound coming from that M3 is just not right.. it sounds like a very angry machine.. such a huge contrast to a stock car.. must be terrifying with the meth injection.

dj_rice
07-16-2008, 08:06 PM
Does anyone have videos or soundclips of rage2's M3 in action?

redline
07-16-2008, 09:07 PM
^^^ There is lots of youtube clips of HPF M3 they all sound the same.

I saw Rage2's M3 down by TCM and he was not driving it then a couple of days late a saw the GTI and he was not driving that either.... when do you drive your own cars???:dunno:

rage2
07-17-2008, 12:54 AM
This week I guess, I have both cars in Vancouver right now and alternating driving between the 2 :rofl:.

I don't have enough garage space, so the TCM crew uses my cars when I'm not using 'em.

Originally posted by E36M3
must be terrifying with the meth injection.
Tommy Lee is terrified of my car, even without meth injection. Me? I thought the car was going to scare me. It didn't. I'm actually on my way to HPF this weekend to check out the Stage 3 car they have there. Maybe that'll scare me, and I'll have to contemplate that. 1000hp on pump gas ;).

arian_ma
07-17-2008, 07:16 AM
This week I guess, I have both cars in Vancouver right now and alternating driving between the 2 :rofl:.

I don't have enough garage space, so the TCM crew uses my cars when I'm not using 'em.

Tommy Lee is terrified of my car, even without meth injection. Me? I thought the car was going to scare me. It didn't. I'm actually on my way to HPF this weekend to check out the Stage 3 car they have there. Maybe that'll scare me, and I'll have to contemplate that. 1000hp on pump gas ;).
You are ridiculous.

RATM
07-17-2008, 02:06 PM
x2 ^^

jdmSiR
07-17-2008, 05:31 PM
3x

HiSpec
07-17-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm actually on my way to HPF this weekend to check out the Stage 3 car they have there. Maybe that'll scare me, and I'll have to contemplate that. 1000hp on pump gas ;).

Is this you? :D
ky3NWEfOV4Y

dj_rice
07-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by HiSpec

Is this you? :D
ky3NWEfOV4Y

WOW that thing is godly...holy shizzle :eek:

rage2
07-17-2008, 09:33 PM
That's a stage 3 car I'll be checking out, and that's the owner of the car.

HiSpec
07-17-2008, 10:24 PM
^

I know rage I was just bugging and see if you'll give the same reaction with a S3 kit

Where is HPF?

subsin
07-17-2008, 10:37 PM
shnizzit ... that car is sick!!!

dj_rice
07-17-2008, 10:41 PM
^

I know rage I was just bugging and see if you'll give the same reaction with a S3 kit

Where is HPF?

HorsepowerFreaks Inc
12905 NE Airport Way
Portland, OR 97230

rage2
07-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Alright so I made it there this morning, took 4 hrs from the border driving like an idiot, only had to pay the road tax once going 25mph over lol.

Showed up in Portland, and HPF installed the latest updates on their kit to my car. New ECU map, more failsafe stuff, and updates to stop the rev limiter from backfiring and shooting flames out the exhaust at the rev limiter (I'm REALLY gonna miss that haha). They also refilled my meth, since I ran out by the time I got there. Here's some pics.

Stage 3 HPF 1000hp M3
http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/08roadtrip/10.jpg

Engine bay... pretty much EXACTLY like mine.
http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/08roadtrip/11.jpg

My car at their shop, that's the Stg 3 in the left AND right corner. There were 3 Stg 3 cars there, crazy shit!
http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/08roadtrip/12.jpg

My car at the shop.
http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/08roadtrip/13.jpg

Oh ya, I got a ride in the Stg 3 car. Didn't scare me, but boy was it fast. The first run I was like, hrm, only feels like 100hp more than my car. They forgot to turn on meth. Clicked the meth button, and damn, that felt more right haha. Traction issues until 4th gear, and 4th gear pulls almost as hard as my 2nd gear when I'm on the meth I shit you not.

Definately a cool car, it's hella loud tho, not sure if I'm gonna like that. It also has the stage 2 clutch, so the thing is VERY grabby, and you'll lose a bit of the "stock" feeling of the car.

Decisions, decisions... ;).

nightfx
07-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Jesus, that thing's a monster. :eek:

Jlude
07-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Just fuckin' crazy... 1000 hp...

you'd only make one run at race city to see what it can do before they cut you off for not having a roll cage.

arian_ma
07-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Rage don't do it! 1000 hp is great but it's all for bragging rights. At least 750 hp is manageable and there will be *SOME* cars left that will be able to pretend to race your car and have a chance. If you go 1000 HP then you will have no competition and it will be boring....

:rofl:

max_boost
07-19-2008, 01:56 AM
DO IT!!!

What would stop you?

You can get the license plate 1000HP

Now that's fucking pimp.

I don't want a ride in this thing, it'll scare the fucking shit out of me. :rofl:

SilverBoost
07-19-2008, 11:16 AM
Rage2, I don't post on beyond a lot anymore but I do scan it now and then (for exactly stuff like this) and I just have to say, this is an amazing piece of machinery. Beautifully done.

I know the smile I had on my face when my humble SPEC V went from 170hp to 350..... I don't have enough face to hold the smile that something like that M3 would produce.

Would love to see this thing in person some day. Again, nice work.

eur0
07-19-2008, 11:25 AM
That's insane, nice looking shop too. Your tire life is going to be condensed into days, haha.

rage2
07-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Well if you wanna see it, I'm probably going to be on the cruise tomorrow. I'm currently driving thru oregon right now and should be home for the cruise. Lots of driving in the last 5 days, but man, this is the BEST road trip car ever. 700hp (pump gas and meth refilled), A/C, top down, and 40G of music on the nav. I even have in car high speed internet. Seats are so comfy no numb ass here. It's the shit.

RATM
07-19-2008, 02:16 PM
thats a beautiful car. Not afraid 1000hp will kill you? I'd love to see that car, yikes

ekguy
07-19-2008, 02:16 PM
jesus christ thats insane. Never knew so much could be done even with an m3.

Jlude
07-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Well if you wanna see it, I'm probably going to be on the cruise tomorrow. I'm currently driving thru oregon right now and should be home for the cruise. Lots of driving in the last 5 days, but man, this is the BEST road trip car ever. 700hp (pump gas and meth refilled), A/C, top down, and 40G of music on the nav. I even have in car high speed internet. Seats are so comfy no numb ass here. It's the shit.

That really is the complete package for a road trip car.

all that stuff AND Top down... so sweet.

Although, I hate smoking with the top down. When I'm on a road trip, I smoke like a chimney.

rage2
07-19-2008, 02:41 PM
You need a good windscreen. The M3 windscreen, we're cruising at 80mph top down and it's so calm in the car. Just raise your hand to ash haha.

teg_boya
07-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

That really is the complete package for a road trip car.

all that stuff AND Top down... so sweet.

Although, I hate smoking with the top down. When I'm on a road trip, I smoke like a chimney.

top down windows up isnt so bad is it?

at least there will be no ash in the car...

4DoorGTZ
07-19-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm enjoying the leap from 180hp to 500, I cant imagine 1000hp. :clap:

SilverBoost
07-19-2008, 11:22 PM
Well if you wanna see it, I'm probably going to be on the cruise tomorrow.

If I weren't going to the US tomorrow I would be all over that. Another time though definitely.

rage2
07-20-2008, 01:18 AM
Well the new ECU map made a huge difference. Got home, filled up with meth, and took it for 1 run. Floored it a few times to bleed the meth system, so I was kinda surprised when she kicked in. Unfortunately, a cop was a bit behind me and saw the whole thing.

Being nice to the cop rocks, could've gotten a stunting and speeding ticket, but he just gave me a failure to produce valid insurance slip. Damn thing expired a few weeks ago, gotta check my mail. Or maybe he was one of our beyond resident cops and gave me a break haha.

Ya, the car breaks loose in 2nd gear now. Pretty cool. I backed off right away, but the car shot so far forward in such a short amount of time, the cop had to go 100 to catch up. I probably hit 80 or 90, if even, since I backed off before I shifted to 3rd.

Lucky me.

GQBalla
07-20-2008, 12:51 PM
thats awesome ^^^ wow i wish cops would be more nice to me.

but damn Rage2 that thing is a BEAST NOW!!!

Supa Dexta
07-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Maybe it was mentioned, but when the meth runs out is it a float switch that triggers it, or does aem see the afr change and change back to the other tune?

HiSpec
07-20-2008, 07:15 PM
rage2, so you went down to the states just for the refill and the upgrades? Then drove back up for your cruise??

rage2
07-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Maybe it was mentioned, but when the meth runs out is it a float switch that triggers it, or does aem see the afr change and change back to the other tune?
It's a pressure sensor. As soon as pressure in the line drops (air, whatever) it drops back to the non meth map.

rage2, so you went down to the states just for the refill and the upgrades? Then drove back up for your cruise??
No, I was in Van for a few days, took a detour and headed to Portland cuz I wanted to check out the Stage 3. They just offered to update everything while I was there. Gave me a tour of the place, the shop was amazing. Huge, organized, and clean. Never seen a shop that clean ever.