PDA

View Full Version : Guys I need your guys opinion..

lammer
08-07-2002, 09:53 PM
Okay i found a 93 Mazda MX6 V6 in canadatrader

doesn't say number of clicks but im gonna call in to ask
but it has power everything. 5 spd moon roof all that. a/c and stuff for 8, 800 or something not sur ebut its around that range

is it a good deal or not? thanx everyone.

Ferio_vti
08-07-2002, 09:57 PM
Stuff for 8, 800?? Explain more.
Give us a link if you can.

To simply put it, go check it out and see for yourself. Good or bad, come back and tell us how the car was. The Teg GS-R I saw yesterday was a disaster and made a good topic to talk about...

lammer
08-07-2002, 10:38 PM
1993 MAZDA MX6 LS V6, 2 door, 5 spd, power sunroof, pw, pl, pm, air, cruise, tilt, Kenwood am/fm CD player, alloys, keyless entry, very fast 24 valve DOHC V6 engine, drives excellent, $8,989. Financing available, trades welcome

Ferio_vti
08-07-2002, 10:41 PM
Financing available. So its at a dealership.

lammer
08-07-2002, 10:42 PM
yep. dunno if its worth it.

Fat Dave
08-07-2002, 10:46 PM
Well, we already went over this in another thread, but it's sure a stretch to call this vehicle "very fast".

Seems high to me for that age of vehicle, but The Auto Trader is showing that vintage of MX6 in the $8-10k range, so it's in the ballpark I guess.

Ferio_vti
08-07-2002, 10:46 PM
Is it a used lot, part of, say Honda?? Or is it one of those no namers that have an Atco trailer for an office kinda setup??

Fat Dave
08-07-2002, 10:48 PM
As an aside, Ford Probe GT's of that vintage start around $6900.

Ferio_vti
08-07-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Fat Dave
Well, we already went over this in another thread, but it's sure a stretch to call this vehicle "very fast".

"Very fast " in the range of 130hp. Its a damn small V6

lammer
08-07-2002, 10:50 PM
yea its like one of those trailorpark auto sales not a honda, toyota or anything dealer like that.

what do you guys think would be a good starting car?..i've been looking for one for ages

Ferio_vti
08-07-2002, 10:56 PM
I think it would be a decent first car. Don't expect too much and I wouldn't recommend blowing a ton of money on it either.
Its a first car so keep it at that, simply your first ride. Most of our firsts sucked ass...

But far as buying this one, I wouldn't. A dealer used, from Honda or whatever, would be a better. You'll get something of a warrenty and a place for servicing. And when you start looking into a 2nd car, going back to a dealer is always good for return business...

My Ex-GF's parents bought a used Cadilac from Silverhill. The engine was blown twice. First time Silverhill covered the expenses. 2nd time they were pissed, only in a span of 4 weeks of owning it. Silverhill gave them back practically the full amount.

lammer
08-07-2002, 11:01 PM
trying to find a car right now..i dunno which is better for a new driver..fwd or Rwd
i want a 5 spd though so i can learn it now better than later on.
also i want the power features hehe.

Ferio_vti
08-07-2002, 11:04 PM
Power everything is nice of course. Most cars have them, so no worries there.

Go with fwd. Besides, most cars in your range, I'm assuming $7-10000, are going to be fwd. The odd one, like a 240SX, but you'll be finding more fwd

lammer
08-07-2002, 11:09 PM
im looking between 4000-9000 at best. first car, don't wanna go over board too much.

Ferio_vti
08-07-2002, 11:12 PM
You paying for your first car by yourself?

lammer
08-07-2002, 11:18 PM
im probbaly ognna be paying most of it, my parents are gonna pitch in to help me but im trying to rely on my self.

Ferio_vti
08-07-2002, 11:21 PM
Good for you man!! Nice to see guys trying to get something on their own. Besides, its a sweeter ride when you know you paid it up on your own.

GT2NV
08-07-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by lammer
1993 MAZDA MX6 LS V6, 2 door, 5 spd, power sunroof, pw, pl, pm, air, cruise, tilt, Kenwood am/fm CD player, alloys, keyless entry, very fast 24 valve DOHC V6 engine, drives excellent, $8,989. Financing available, trades welcome
same engine as mine :thumbsup: except i eat stock mx6' v6's hehehe:burnout: go for it man you wont regret it, exaust note on your car will be amazing as well nice and deep because of the v6 anyways ya :thumbsup: and i as well bought my own first car by myself and am damn proud of it 9500$ and well worth it, i fully finance it and its something that your so proud of because totally own it, and since you purchased it and take car of it youll respect it alot more:thumbsup:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

three.eighteen.
08-08-2002, 12:50 AM
heh dude, you drove your parents van before and now you gettin a car? i did that shat too, for a year, then i got a freakin bimmer (well it still has its probs) if you drive a van for some time, it means youre destined for a phat car...:D

Dope Dealer
08-08-2002, 12:54 AM
trying to find a car right now..i dunno which is better for a new driver..fwd or Rwd
i want a 5 spd though so i can learn it now better than later on.
also i want the power features hehe.

I believe you should get a FWD. If you are going to use this for a winter car as well as a summer, you are going to need a FWD. In reality, a RWD is useless in winter although some people try to tell you otherwise.

OMOYYC
08-08-2002, 01:04 AM
I wouldn't say RWD is useless in the winter, it is simply more challenging :D

I do have to agree with going with a FWD. I had a 94 Honda Civic Si Coupe before. That was a very nice ride. Unfortunately at that time, there were no power lock or window option. I did have power moonroof though.

As far as the transmission, that's very personal. Have you driven a 5spd before? You'll have to try it out for yourself. It's definately a lot more fun to drive, but it's also (to some people) more of a headache, even though I really don't think so myself.

When buying a used car, see if there are service records to come along with the vehicle. That will tell you if the person took good care of the car. If you can find out whether the previous owner was male or female would be nice too.

Good luck!

Dope Dealer
08-08-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Cwave
I wouldn't say RWD is useless in the winter, it is simply more challenging :D

I'd just feel safer and more in control of the vehicle driving a FWD in the winter (Or AWD for that matter :)).

Plus if your car has a ton of HP and Torque, it's going to take some m4d sk1llz to drive in Winter (Although I am sure people with nice cars such as Supras and RX-7's aren't driving their cars in winter -- I hope).

OMOYYC
08-08-2002, 01:47 AM
You don't have to tell me, I drove an Infiniti QX4. That thing rulez in the winter!

Dope Dealer
08-08-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Cwave
You don't have to tell me, I drove an Infiniti QX4. That thing rulez in the winter!

We've got another high roller on our hands boys! ;)

The QX4 is a beautiful car -- however a good SUV for winter driving will have to wait for me until I am making m4d bling bling ;)

GTS Jeff
08-08-2002, 02:58 AM
I think a 93 MX3 worth 8,800 better not have more than 90k km on it

lammer
08-08-2002, 04:02 AM
yea, im trying to work real hard this summer so i can outfit my self with a car for going back to school. people can laugh and make fun of my ride..if i get one. and they can do all they want but i'll make sure i'll be doing some laughing when i get out of collage and such and be a high roller :thumbsup: :) :bigpimp: and ya i drive my parents van, i like big cars, but i also wanna learn how to use 5spd or any manual transmission cars and even a sports car or two, im trying to gain alot of experience right now because im afraid later on in life i won't be able to have time and help required to drive the other kinds of cars..(low small sports cars against the big vans/suv)

and sorry about all the threads well acually a few threads about cars and such, im tryin to make a good choice right now..i want a car that i can hang on to for a few years then once i make enough money i will get a new one all by my self again.

thanx for everones imput and if you guys have any updates or news or opinions drop a message on here or PM me with what you found. i'd be glad to hear it, especially about those good deals on cars and such! thanx all!

oh ya edit here..anyways and when i get this car i will most likey mod it up a bit just to make it look nicer, and go faster..but anyways thats my idea..and it wouldn't make me look like a poser right? i mean all you guys are like 20+ years im thinking and then here i am 17 years old trying to mod up a car and such...but then again..im here for the same reason you guys are..the love of cars! :thumbsup: anyways this is what im thinking i could mod it up and when im done with it i could just pass it on to my sister or brother because by the time (1-3 years time) im done with it my sister would be able to drive and my brother would have his learners...sorry for taking up alot of space but i never thought buying a car would be so tough...anyways thanks all! its pretty late 4:30 in the morning..just finshed watching some cartoons hehe but ya im out. and i hope when i get my car and such i can acually see you guys at those meets i hear about lots..i always wanted to see your guy's cars and such in real life..never got the chance maybe just a look from the side of the road or something but ya anyways hhe im out now. peace all.

dj_honda
08-08-2002, 12:34 PM
man....i was in the same situation as you, about to buy a car and shit after saving up.......but then yesterday my student loan app got rejected (cuz they say i make too much $).....and i found out my RESP does not mature till next year!!!! That means i have to use all my car cash to pay for University!!
FUCK! man..after working sooo long to buy a car and i get screwed.

Hopefully my parents will help me out with the car situation........but i doubt it as they want me to focus on school and shit.

calgary transit....for another year..:thumbsdow

Dope Dealer
08-08-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by dj_honda
man....i was in the same situation as you, about to buy a car and shit after saving up.......but then yesterday my student loan app got rejected (cuz they say i make too much $).....and i found out my RESP does not mature till next year!!!! That means i have to use all my car cash to pay for University!!
FUCK! man..after working sooo long to buy a car and i get screwed.

Hopefully my parents will help me out with the car situation........but i doubt it as they want me to focus on school and shit.

calgary transit....for another year..:thumbsdow

What's an RESP? I have all my money in a GIA that I can take out at anytime I wish and put in money at any time I want.

Can't you apply for some sort of loan at your bank (Your parents could co-sign it).

dj_honda
08-08-2002, 04:40 PM
Registered Education Savings Plan.........its with the gov't
u put down a payment.........it collects interest and whatever u have, the government gives u 20% on top of that.....so u make more $ than a GIA.
The government funds this because u are using it on post-secondary edu for sure.......where as a GIA u can use for anything

the thing is it doesnt mature till next year......i don't really need a loan i guess.....cuz i have enuf cash and scholarships to cover the cost for this year....but the cash is coming from my car savings.

the bank loans take interest, 8.5% if it is under 5000. which means for example on a 2000 loan u pay about 100$

the government loans are way better cuz they pay u....instead of interest. so basically u don't have to pay ALL of it back, jus the designated amount

ah we'll see what happens

RGAGT
08-08-2002, 07:10 PM
Take it to a mazda Dealer and have it Checked out best money you will ever by - The Car is a good Car if it has 96,000km or more make sure they've replaced the timing belt and Remove a Spark plug wire and see if it is covered in oil if yes willl new v/c gaskets replaced as well as plug wires:banghead:

Ferio_vti
08-08-2002, 10:19 PM
Just promise you won't slap a giant 'Bliss' logo or something equally stupid and ugly across the car.

lammer
08-08-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
Just promise you won't slap a giant 'Bliss' logo or something equally stupid and ugly across the car.

haha none of that. i'll probbaly just do minor things like intake, exuast, rims, later on i'll get new kit and paint it all
no stickers.

Ferio_vti
08-08-2002, 10:48 PM
Good man. No beats for you then.
If it comes with that stupid lip, ditch it and get a kit ASAP. I can't stand that thing. For some cheap ass reason, Mazda made it a two piecer.

lammer
08-08-2002, 11:13 PM
thats if i go for that car, i can still look around hehe

GT2NV
08-08-2002, 11:33 PM
yea, im trying to work real hard this summer so i can outfit my self with a car for going back to school. people can laugh and make fun of my ride..if i get one. and they can do all they want but i'll make sure i'll be doing some laughing when i get out of collage and such and be a high roller :thumbsup: :) :bigpimp: and ya i drive my parents van, i like big cars, but i also wanna learn how to use 5spd or any manual transmission cars and even a sports car or two, im trying to gain alot of experience right now because im afraid later on in life i won't be able to have time and help required to drive the other kinds of cars..(low small sports cars against the big vans/suv)

and sorry about all the threads well acually a few threads about cars and such, im tryin to make a good choice right now..i want a car that i can hang on to for a few years then once i make enough money i will get a new one all by my self again.

thanx for everones imput and if you guys have any updates or news or opinions drop a message on here or PM me with what you found. i'd be glad to hear it, especially about those good deals on cars and such! thanx all!

oh ya edit here..anyways and when i get this car i will most likey mod it up a bit just to make it look nicer, and go faster..but anyways thats my idea..and it wouldn't make me look like a poser right? i mean all you guys are like 20+ years im thinking and then here i am 17 years old trying to mod up a car and such...but then again..im here for the same reason you guys are..the love of cars! :thumbsup: anyways this is what im thinking i could mod it up and when im done with it i could just pass it on to my sister or brother because by the time (1-3 years time) im done with it my sister would be able to drive and my brother would have his learners...sorry for taking up alot of space but i never thought buying a car would be so tough...anyways thanks all! its pretty late 4:30 in the morning..just finshed watching some cartoons hehe but ya im out. and i hope when i get my car and such i can acually see you guys at those meets i hear about lots..i always wanted to see your guy's cars and such in real life..never got the chance maybe just a look from the side of the road or something but ya anyways hhe im out now. peace all.
im 17 ,own my own car and fully finance it , and ive done a whole bunch of mods to it:thumbsup: just all depends on when you start working , in my case 12, and when you start saving:clap:
all i can say is im damn proud of my ride:love:

Edit.... and if you do inquire into the car make sure you take it to a mazda dealership and get a full inspection , compression tests too, for a full inspection it costs about 75$ but its so worth it in the long run;)

lammer
08-09-2002, 04:27 AM
Okay i found a whole line up of cars.

84's -90 RX-7s
88-90's 240SX
88-90 CRX's
92-94 civic hatchback or coupe.
93-95 MX6

and if you guys have any other ideas of cars just let me know!!:thumbsup:

oh ya tell me what you think of the cars and why.

Ferio_vti
08-09-2002, 08:45 AM
I'd say RX-7's a bit too high maintainance...

240SX baby!! I've seen a few nice ones on Canadatrader, 92-93 for $9000-10000.

Honda's a naturally good for aftermarket parts. But very run or the mill.

Don't see a lot of MX6s, that'd be a good option for standing out too.

lammer
08-09-2002, 02:36 PM
oh ya add the older model supras and celicas too !

Ferio_vti
08-09-2002, 02:59 PM
Dude, I saw a used 89 Supra last night for sale, 146Kms asking $12500. Looks like it got a new paint job. 18inch 5 spoke Enkies. Damn sweet. If you want, I'll see if I still have the guy's number

lammer
08-09-2002, 11:24 PM
need more info, color, any power features??!! 5spd or auto.
turbo or non.

Ferio_vti
08-09-2002, 11:41 PM
It was a 5 speed. Looked like it had power everything. You have to ask about turbo, etc.
the guy's number is 651 5801

lammer
08-11-2002, 08:45 PM
its all cool now. my mom has said that she doesn't wanan invest in an old car she said wait a bit and she'll get me a newer car like 98+ later on or something like that.
she is scared that when i drive it i will break it or something but until then i get to cruise in my parents van!

Ferio_vti
08-11-2002, 09:17 PM
Hahaha, Pimp the van up instead then

lammer
08-12-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
Hahaha, Pimp the van up instead then

aha till then my friend..till then hehe.

Ferio_vti
08-12-2002, 08:46 AM
While your at putting in a sub and all, take out the back seats and put in some plush carpet and you got yourself a shaggin wagon. Load up with a dozen hotties and your good to go!!
:thumbsup: