PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question about rubbing

bspot
07-14-2008, 04:21 PM
I had a bit of rubbing in the rear once my suspension settled a bit. It was just on the fenderliner from what I could tell, so I cut it out the portion that was rubbing.

Now once in a while I'll hear a slight squeak going over bumps. Is that the noise it would make if it was actually rubbing the fender?

I have to remove my rear wheels to raise it up a bit to find out for myself so I figured this would be easier :D

rc2002
07-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Check the tires. If you are rubbing slightly, the tires will likely shred against the fender (especially if you've cut the fender).

ercchry
07-14-2008, 04:33 PM
jack up car a bit, fill wheel well with news paper, lower car, raise and remove news paper, rubbing should be gone. do this when paint is warm for best results

88CRX
07-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Chances are as soon as you pull the wheel off you'll see exactly where its rubbing cause it'll be the only clean spot inside the wheel well.

Takes 5 minutes tops..... then you can fix whatever it still rubbing.

arian_ma
07-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Couldn't a squeak also be from bushings?

bspot
07-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
jack up car a bit, fill wheel well with news paper, lower car, raise and remove news paper, rubbing should be gone. do this when paint is warm for best results

The fenders aren't shaped like your typical fenders, there's no lip to bend...

Originally posted by 88CRX
Chances are as soon as you pull the wheel off you'll see exactly where its rubbing cause it'll be the only clean spot inside the wheel well.

Takes 5 minutes tops..... then you can fix whatever it still rubbing.

Good call. It's spotless in there right now because the liner was always covering it, but I'll do this next weekend and check it out.

Originally posted by arian_ma
Couldn't a squeak also be from bushings?

That's exactly what it sounds like and if I wasn't having rubbing issues I would just assume that was the problem.