PDA

View Full Version : Rap CD of the Year ... Untitled

5hift
07-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Anyone heard cd this yet?

Carter 3 will get all the hype and sales, but I’d have to say the best rap album released so far this year is Untitled by Nas. I’m a fan of Lil’ Wayne but nothing Weezy spits in C3 can even touch Untitled's opening track, Queens get the money.

No production, but Illmatic type lyricism.

urbannomad
07-14-2008, 10:55 PM
indeed.

He is a hero to hiphop/rap

A790
07-14-2008, 10:55 PM
Too bad Carter 3 is a fucking horrible album. Nas has really put out a solid offering here.

finboy
07-14-2008, 11:14 PM
zsUrOPa4IXM

GREAT track

beecue
07-14-2008, 11:33 PM
listening to it now .. didn't know it was out

America .. Sly Fox :thumbsup:

Nas & Immortal Technique > *

00Celica
07-15-2008, 01:10 AM
Great album by the best rapper of all time.

finboy
07-15-2008, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by 00Celica

2pac put out another album :confused:

ToyVitzRS
07-15-2008, 08:57 AM
I guess this album makes him a hero, i guess it makes him a hero!

...and scene.

SOLD ALBUM THOUGH!!! I love the "Black President" bonus track!

teg_boya
07-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by finboy

:werd: this isn't any 2pac or anything, but good none the less

drtoohotty1
07-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by 00Celica

NAS is good but he will never be as good as KRS-One

JordanEG6
07-15-2008, 09:11 AM
When did this CD drop?

Nas is probably one of the best in history. If it IS in fact Illmatic type lyricism, it's a cop for sure!

ToyVitzRS
07-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
When did this CD drop?

dropped today homie :D

5hift
07-15-2008, 10:32 AM

Pac best rapper of all time? He wasnt even the best of his time. Dont confuse hype with talent.

Originally posted by teg_boya

:werd: this isn't any 2pac or anything, but good none the less
see above

When did this CD drop?

Nas is probably one of the best in history. If it IS in fact Illmatic type lyricism, it's a cop for sure!

Listen to just the opening track, it'll bring back new york state of mind memories

teg_boya
07-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by 5hift

Pac best rapper of all time? He wasnt even the best of his time. Dont confuse hype with talent.

I would have to disagree. Tupac's flow mixed with his lyrics that ACTUALLY had meaning to them are what makes a legend. NAS has none of that now, but only time will tell if he is legend/ best of all time material. You cannot base the best rapper on one good album.

5hift
07-15-2008, 10:40 AM
I never said Nas was the greatest of all time. That said, 2pac's flow couldnt hold a candle to even Biggie.

E46..sTyLez
07-15-2008, 10:43 AM

I would have to disagree. Tupac's flow mixed with his lyrics that ACTUALLY had meaning to them are what makes a legend. NAS has none of that now, but only time will tell if he is legend/ best of all time material. You cannot base the best rapper on one good album.

2pac was 1 dementional.

T-H-U-G life = boring once I turned 20

JordanEG6
07-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by ToyVitzRS

dropped today homie :D

Haha Thanks homes! My lunch hour will be spent listening to this in my cubicle :D

Originally posted by 5hift

Listen to just the opening track, it'll bring back new york state of mind memories

Rappers I monkey flip 'em
with the funky rhythem
I be kickin', musician,
inflictin' composition

</memories>

:D

Can't wait until lunch hahaha.

Pacman
07-15-2008, 11:16 AM
I like the Funky Four + One More when it comes to rap. Sometimes I rock a little Melle Mel "Beat Street".

5hift
07-15-2008, 12:37 PM

You dont know much about Pac huh? Meaning to his lyrics? More like fake as possible. He was all about the thug/gangster life screaming Westside and shit... He was born in New York, was a backup dancer and roadie for Digital Underground. He went to the Baltimore School of Arts where he studied acting, poetry, jazz, and ballet. He performed in Shakespearean plays, and in the role of the Mouse King in The Nutcracker. He just got confused along the way.

And Nas one good album? You must not have listened to much Nas. Hip Hop is Dead, Stillmatic, Streets Disciple etc. Just imagine he's screaming thug life every other line and theres gunshot sounds in the background.

Originally posted by E46..sTyLez

2pac was 1 dementional.

T-H-U-G life = boring once I turned 20

:werd:

Supa Dexta
07-15-2008, 12:45 PM
It's been a while since a rap song has brought that feeling back to me from the 90's, I'm sure others know what I mean, some actual substance to a song rather then a ghey catchy beat with junk lyrics, aka the last 5 yrs atleast.... Good stuff, I was never huge on nas but he's up there..

analbumcover
07-15-2008, 12:47 PM
i thought his album was called nigger

teg_boya
07-15-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
It's been a while since a rap song has brought that feeling back to me from the 90's, I'm sure others know what I mean, some actual substance to a song rather then a ghey catchy beat with junk lyrics, aka the last 5 yrs atleast.... Good stuff, I was never huge on nas but he's up there..

NAS is good compared to anything else that is new (Lil Wayne....) but i still don't think he compares to the thugs of old.

Oh, and i do know Tupac's history. What you said is pretty irrelevant as that is where he came form. He really turned into a slanging thug once he got famous. Regardless, i think his flo is oh so incredible

ToyVitzRS
07-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by analbumcover
i thought his album was called nigger

Too much controversy surronding that album title so his label convinced him to change it...

I think he shouldn't have changed it since he went as far as going to the grammys wearing Nigger across his chest LOL

E46..sTyLez
07-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Nas is in the Top 3 of all time.

Period

RATM
07-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Biggie was #1 by far
so raw, unreal

03ozwhip
07-15-2008, 02:20 PM
^^^ that i agree with, NAS is one of my favorites and i used to listen to Tupac back when it was cool too, but im sick of hearing (like someone else said) his 1 dimensional character and rhymes. come on how many songs does he rhyme " in elementary my my homies was goin to the penitentiary" or some shit like that?

00Celica
07-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Its my opinion but I think he is the greatest of all time. One good album? How about Illmatic, probably the best rap CD of all time next to a couple of Biggie albums. Then Nas had Nastradamus, Stillmatic (Underrated), Hip Hop is Dead, and now untitled. Just because he didn't have the hype that Tupac did doesn't mean he isn't as good. NY State of Mind is probably the best rap song ever made, and Nas made it when he was 18-19 years old.

finboy
07-15-2008, 03:44 PM

2pac was 1 dementional.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

petoria
07-15-2008, 04:07 PM
not a nas fan at all
but not gonna lie, he killed this cd!

Clever
07-15-2008, 04:54 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

One dimensional? Have you heard any of the other songs on his CD's aside from the shit that made Billboard charts? Or even the ones that did, let's say Changes and Thugz Mansion (list goes on), how are those 2 tracks one dimensional?

But on topic,

I'm really happy he left the whole Escobar (The Firm) era behind, although I do have that CD, Nas's lyricism and delivery is more suited to this kind of rap, what I consider Hip Hop.

03ozwhip
07-15-2008, 11:01 PM
^^^dude, ive been listening to hip hop/rap since i was 8 years old so thats 20 years. i had EVERY Tupac cd starting with him in Digital Underground and he is BY FAR the most repetitive rapper i have ever heard. thats where the one dimensional comes in, because he says the same shit ALL THE TIME, HAVE YOU LISTENED TO IT? i admit there are a few good songs that arent mainstream but i hate mainstream shit as it is. i wont listen to 90% of the shit thats come out in the last 5 years aside from the artists that have been around before that. SHIT Ice Cube used to be my favorite rapper until war and peace came out and he became a mainstream "player" all of a sudden(totally off topic) but anyways i still havent heard this album yet but being from someone who is still very underground and to still plays by his roots and not by the mainstream shit i will definitely be listening to this.

/END RANT....:dunno:

scboss
07-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
^^^dude, ive been listening to hip hop/rap since i was 8 years old so thats 20 years. i had EVERY Tupac cd starting with him in Digital Underground and he is BY FAR the most repetitive rapper i have ever heard. thats where the one dimensional comes in, because he says the same shit ALL THE TIME, HAVE YOU LISTENED TO IT? i admit there are a few good songs that arent mainstream but i hate mainstream shit as it is. i wont listen to 90% of the shit thats come out in the last 5 years aside from the artists that have been around before that. SHIT Ice Cube used to be my favorite rapper until war and peace came out and he became a mainstream &quot;player&quot; all of a sudden(totally off topic) but anyways i still havent heard this album yet but being from someone who is still very underground and to still plays by his roots and not by the mainstream shit i will definitely be listening to this.

/END RANT....:dunno:

You cant be serious honestly that is the most f--ked up shit ive heard in a long time. Tupac had the sickest lyrics people are still remixing his stuff to this date!

teg_boya
07-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by warcaster

You cant be serious honestly that is the most f--ked up shit ive heard in a long time. Tupac had the sickest lyrics people are still remixing his stuff to this date!

:werd:

Pacman
07-16-2008, 09:33 AM

Is that because it's good quality, or because the producers know that it will sell to all the fans, regardless of whether or not it good.

I keep buying Brittney Spears records and hang her posters on my bedroom wall.......but I'm a fanboy and will always support her regardless of how fat she is now.

scboss
07-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Tupacs words were way ahead of his time and still relate to things today. btw not all of tupacs songs were about thug life and if you think that you have obviously never listened to all his songs

03ozwhip
07-16-2008, 12:50 PM
^^^ how can you guys be serious. i said i admit he does have some songs that are definitely ahead of his time but IMO most of it is repetitive. i still listen to some of it, but it bores me and usually end up switching the songs. i listen to music for the beats and the lyrics and if it doesnt have both i just skim through it, and thats what i think it is, some of his beats are lame and some of his rhymes are lame, and some songs both at the same time. im bored of tupac period and im sure there are other people that dont follow the crowd here as well. i just doont think he was ever THAT GREAT.

E46..sTyLez
07-16-2008, 01:26 PM
I think I just find Tupac too cocky, like a black guido or something. I used to like the cocky side of him...but now it just annoys me.

I've always found him to be really talented though, no doubt. He had some pretty sick ryhmes..just not my cup of tee anymore.

analbumcover
07-16-2008, 02:24 PM
2pac fans are soo funny, they'll defend his honour to the death

"his words were ahead of his time"

LOL WAT

thats why i fucked your bitch you fat mother fucker

JMaj7
07-16-2008, 02:33 PM
I think Nas is underrated. I know he hasn't been consistent on the charts but his message has been pretty strong. Tupac was a revolutionary. I think his mark is more visible when observed from a certain perspective. I have seen the projects in Brooklyn and I totally understand what he was trying to expose.

I also think that if Tupac was still alive, he would still be making the charts and staying relatively true to his roots (everyones moving towards this glam/bling/money style).

It is really hard to compare the two.

Excellent album though!

03ozwhip
07-16-2008, 02:58 PM
comparing the 2 is like comparing eminem to big. 2 completely different styles, 1 is an attention whore and the other more "underground" and true to the roots. i think that if Nas was in the big picture like Tupac, he would be on the same level, its just that he was never outspoken to the media because he doesnt need the attention like Tupac did. he gets the attention from his true talent. not from being molded into something by schooling.

JordanEG6
07-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Tupacs words were way ahead of his time and still relate to things today. btw not all of tupacs songs were about thug life and if you think that you have obviously never listened to all his songs

Ahead of his time?

"wrote the song a long time ago, a real long time ago....in ninety-fo' "

:rofl: :rofl:

Tupac's material is the kind of sh*t young kids dig until they grow out of that thug life bullshit and move on to real hip-hop.

E46..sTyLez
07-16-2008, 04:11 PM

Tupac's material is the kind of sh*t young kids dig until they grow out of that thug life bullshit and move on to real hip-hop.

That's exactly what i've been saying, agree 100%

scboss
07-17-2008, 10:02 AM

Ahead of his time?

&quot;wrote the song a long time ago, a real long time ago....in ninety-fo' &quot;

:rofl: :rofl:

So you are saying that the number one selling rapper of all time is bullshit? Haha anyways got the nas cd its pretty sick! btw i am 23 should i have grown out of his music by now lmao

KuruptEX
07-17-2008, 10:05 AM

X2

E46..sTyLez
07-17-2008, 10:12 AM
btw i am 23 should i have grown out of his music by now

yes.

03ozwhip
07-17-2008, 10:13 AM
^^^ X fuckin 3.

scboss
07-17-2008, 10:19 AM
damn the music police are on my ass

JordanEG6
07-17-2008, 10:43 AM

So you are saying that the number one selling rapper of all time is bullshit? Haha anyways got the nas cd its pretty sick! btw i am 23 should i have grown out of his music by now lmao

Uuuhhh yes. It's got hype and sales but no substance IMO. His shit can only go so far with me.

KuruptEX
07-17-2008, 10:48 AM
2pac's material is mostly kill kill and how many people grow out of that a good 80%
and not many people listen to his pre death row material
because its not "GANGSTER"

teg_boya
07-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by KuruptEX
2pac's material is mostly kill kill and how many people grow out of that a good 80%
and not many people listen to his pre death row material
because its not &quot;GANGSTER&quot;

and grammar does not matter so lets write on in the longest sentence because 2PAC is the shit and i love him but 80% of the people most likely completely dislike him cause his shit is old

E46..sTyLez
07-17-2008, 10:57 AM

and grammar does not matter so lets write on in the longest sentence because 2PAC is the shit and i love him but 80% of the people most likely completely dislike him cause his shit is old

Starting a sentence with "and" isn't the best example of proper grammer...

teg_boya
07-17-2008, 10:59 AM

Starting a sentence with &quot;and&quot; isn't the best example of proper grammer...

Did you not notice how shitty my sentence structure was? I was merely mocking him ;)

KuruptEX
07-17-2008, 11:08 AM

Did you not notice how shitty my sentence structure was? I was merely mocking him ;)
anyone wanna start a petition on banning teg_boya damn post whore. Plus who uses proper grammar on the internet

aram1000
07-17-2008, 11:25 AM
gotta check out this Nas album, Nas has been real solid lately and I agree he is one of the top rappers around. As for this whole tupac debate, when I was younger (high school) I was a huge tupac fan, but as I've gotten older, i would have to say Biggie was a far better rapper, his flow and rhymes are just sick. I agree with the Tupac being repetitive, while he did have some great songs, I find now that both of Biggie's albums are just far more solid and I don't find myself skipping through tracks, whereas now I skip through songs on my Tupac albums all the time. As for under rated rappers, I think Warren G is under rated, such a smooth flow and I've always loved his stuff

03ozwhip
07-17-2008, 12:23 PM
i dont dislike tupac because his shit is old, i like older shit WAY better than new shit. ^^^also i agree about warren G, but really only his first 2 cd's.

zain123
07-17-2008, 01:05 PM
picked up nas's cd yesterday and wow
there are some ruthless tracks on there

arian_ma
07-17-2008, 01:15 PM
This coming from a 2pac fan, this CD is absolutely amazing.

scboss
07-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
This coming from a 2pac fan, this CD is absolutely amazing.

i second this it has some sick tracks. Btw according to some ppl on here you are not allowed to like tupac:rolleyes:

schocker
07-17-2008, 01:26 PM
i have been listening to it at work every day because it is very boring here.
it is alot better than i was expecting, a++ will listen again.

teg_boya
07-17-2008, 02:25 PM

i second this it has some sick tracks. Btw according to some ppl on here you are not allowed to like tupac:rolleyes:

Ya, liking tupac on this forum is like being a miata fan on www.dorikaze.com

03ozwhip
07-17-2008, 02:45 PM
oh boo, do you think i give a fuck if you like Tupac or not? you can listen to rita mcneil for all i care, all we said was that hes not as good as you brainwashed tupac whores think he is.

arian_ma
07-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
oh boo, do you think i give a fuck if you like Tupac or not? you can listen to rita mcneil for all i care, all we said was that hes not as good as you brainwashed tupac whores think he is.
How can you say that though? Taste in music is such a subjective thing. It's like saying "country fucking sucks."...well, to you maybe, but there are people who like that genre of music as well.

03ozwhip
07-17-2008, 03:00 PM
im not saying anything. i said i dont care what you like, i dont have to like it. 95% of what i listen to is hip hop, how do you get that out of what im saying? i didnt say hip hop sucks, i said that tupac sucks(not all but most). pretty much.